Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I’m after a bit of advice/info please. I’m seriously considering switching to FMT for 2019 main reasons being time and ease of dipping in and out of the game. Is there much difference to the full PC version? Is there any demos I could potentially trial before committing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a FMT Demo usually, yes. But if you've already purchased the game (ie. FM18) then you'll be unable to access the demo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no Pre-editor either which makes things a bit hard because mistakes in the database cant be fixed or you cant add an extra team or 2 which in my case where our league only has 10 teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same:

- Match Engine

- Database

- Core game

 

Different:

- Skin (more streamlined)

- Tactics (no familiarity)

- Squad (no dynamics, simplistic medical center, relaxed rules on squad selection for league and champions/euro leagues)

- Training (streamlined) - automatic tutoring

- Scouting (streamlined) - not in depth

- Staff - usually you only have the "heads" of a department (so 5 staff instead of 20+)

- 2nd Team/Youth Squad (it is there but more limited)

- Team Talks - once in a blue moon

- No Editor

 

Please note, as we do not know the details for FMT19 yet, some of the differences might have changed.

In short, if you want to just jump into a game, set up some tactics (that should work right away, i.e. you dont have to wait for players to be familiar with the tactic) and play and then do some basic training and scouting and focus mostly on the games and tactics and transfers, then this is your FM format to choose. Compared to FMT on the tablets or Nintendo Switch, it doesn't have the 3 country limitations for the database. You can load as much as you like.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, tyro said:

Same:

- Match Engine

- Database

- Core game

 

Different:

- Skin (more streamlined)

- Tactics (no familiarity)

- Squad (no dynamics, simplistic medical center, relaxed rules on squad selection for league and champions/euro leagues)

- Training (streamlined) - automatic tutoring

- Scouting (streamlined) - not in depth

- Staff - usually you only have the "heads" of a department (so 5 staff instead of 20+)

- 2nd Team/Youth Squad (it is there but more limited)

- Team Talks - once in a blue moon

- No Editor

 

Please note, as we do not know the details for FMT19 yet, some of the differences might have changed.

In short, if you want to just jump into a game, set up some tactics (that should work right away, i.e. you dont have to wait for players to be familiar with the tactic) and play and then do some basic training and scouting and focus mostly on the games and tactics and transfers, then this is your FM format to choose. Compared to FMT on the tablets or Nintendo Switch, it doesn't have the 3 country limitations for the database. You can load as much as you like.

 

 

 

 

How about FMT PC vs FMT Tablet? Are there any differences besides the '3 nations limit'. 

Edited by jyn1989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jyn1989 said:

How about FMT PC vs FMT Tablet? Are there any differences besides the '3 nations limit'. 

In the tablet version there is a 30 seasons limit, or at least there was this limit until FMT2018. Not sure about FMT2019.

Also i think the player database is smaller, but not 100% sure about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Also i think the player database is smaller, but not 100% sure about this.

Player database is the same, but disabling cross play to add and remove leagues later allows you to increase DB size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FMT on PC you can download logos and player pics to put in your game.  No feasible on tablets due to memory constrictions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2018 at 19:30, Scamp said:

FMT on PC you can download logos and player pics to put in your game.  No feasible on tablets due to memory constrictions.

 

Actually you can add graphics to Android tablets. It's not supported, but it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2018 at 15:01, Lucas said:

Player database is the same, but disabling cross play to add and remove leagues later allows you to increase DB size.

That always made wonder. If cross play is one of the main reasons why there is no editor on FMT desktop, then why can i disable it, to add and remove leagues and not for using the editor on the desktop version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

db editor in fmtouch tablet or enable custom databases (maybe created with the desktop version is fine) is fundamental and I think it is the only real new feature needed for fm touch tablet.

in addition, the choice of database size and the management of training must be included.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 11:44, grade said:

That always made wonder. If cross play is one of the main reasons why there is no editor on FMT desktop, then why can i disable it, to add and remove leagues and not for using the editor on the desktop version?

They are two completely separate things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the switch a few versions back. I feel it is a much more fun game, with less micromanagement and repetitive press questions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply’s guys. 

 

So, having trialled the FMT2018 laptop version for a couple of hours tonight, the only difference to the iPad version is touch screen as opposed to using the mouse pad and cursor? 

 

I’m a stickler for tradition but quite enjoyed the streamlined version. Has anyone else switched to FMT on iPad? How have you found it? Enjoyable or regretted it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, trevjim said:

I made the switch a few versions back. I feel it is a much more fun game, with less micromanagement and repetitive press questions

Hi @trevjim, did you switch from laptop/PC to tablet version?

Edited by dudds85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2018 at 09:40, tyro said:

Same:

- Match Engine

- Database

- Core game

 

Different:

- Skin (more streamlined)

- Tactics (no familiarity)

- Squad (no dynamics, simplistic medical center, relaxed rules on squad selection for league and champions/euro leagues)

- Training (streamlined) - automatic tutoring

- Scouting (streamlined) - not in depth

- Staff - usually you only have the "heads" of a department (so 5 staff instead of 20+)

- 2nd Team/Youth Squad (it is there but more limited)

- Team Talks - once in a blue moon

- No Editor

 

Please note, as we do not know the details for FMT19 yet, some of the differences might have changed.

In short, if you want to just jump into a game, set up some tactics (that should work right away, i.e. you dont have to wait for players to be familiar with the tactic) and play and then do some basic training and scouting and focus mostly on the games and tactics and transfers, then this is your FM format to choose. Compared to FMT on the tablets or Nintendo Switch, it doesn't have the 3 country limitations for the database. You can load as much as you like.

 

 

 

 

Hi @tyro, are these similarities/differences just on the PC version or same for PC to tablet form?

i.e. is FMT for PC identical to FMT on the iPad and other tablets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dudds85

I play the game in a IPad, and it's the same from the pc version of FMT. 

The difference is only the 3 nation limit, that you have in the tablet version. Apart from that same game. 

What I found, and I play the game in a mini iPad (8 inch screen) is that sometimes the skin is not 100% adapted for such a small screen, and because of that sometimes it could be difficult to hit a certain button. But, with game time you'll get used to it. 

What I most love about playing in a tablet, is the mobility you have. I usually go to work in public transportation, boat and train, and it's great to open the tablet, load the game, and play for 30 minutes just like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dudds85 said:

Hi @trevjim, did you switch from laptop/PC to tablet version?

No I switched from the full version on PC to the touch version on PC.

I've been a FM player since the early CM days and feel that FMT is closer to the 'glory' days of FM than the full version, which has too much micromanagement and repetitiveness for my liking which actually takes away from the immersion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder something. We are "probably" less then a week from the beta release. When will we have the FMT announcements? Or is this like last year edition where nothing announced and we weren't sure of the new feature were streamlined or not.

Just curious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marris09 said:

End of the month for fmt announcements

Ie. When the beta is out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, grade said:

I do wonder something. We are "probably" less then a week from the beta release. When will we have the FMT announcements? Or is this like last year edition where nothing announced and we weren't sure of the new feature were streamlined or not.

Just curious!

The thing is, with FMT18 all the new features were also FM18 new features, so in the end we didn't had any announcement exclusive related with FMT because all the new features were already taked about in the FM anouncements.

Perhaps, and unfortunatly, the same will happen with FMT19 where the new features will be the ones we already know from FM19 (except perhaps the new training system), and like in FMT18 there will be no exclusive new features for the touch version, like the increase tutoring control, editor, nations limit, and so on.

Again i get the feeling that FMT users, and i'm talking about the users that only play/buy the touch version, are neglected by SI. It seems they developed the full fat version, and by the end f the day they will see what could fit in the touch version. If fits, great, "new feature" for FMT, if it can't.... sorry nothing we can do.

And the Touch version, that cost 20€, its the only one where that happens. The mobile version, have exclusive new features that pop up every year, something that is great and it will kepp bringing new players to the game.

But in the touch version.... there are very simply new features (and i'm not talking about the editor) that players are asking for 3 or 4  years, and are still out of the game.

edit: Just a bit of a rant post... sorry for that.

Edited by Keyzer Soze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't mention the Editor, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it...  :)

SI must know weeks/months in advance which features can/will make it into FMT, it surely can't be a last minute decision? (Lucas??)

We don't always want every new feature they add into the full game - and I'm sure they don't want to give us them, as the reduced price would indicate - but it would be nice to see a confirmed list of what's new for FMT, it's almost like FMT is ignored until it's released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, it hasn't been showed much love for FMT. At leats marketing wise.

I won't go with the editor, since the lack of it, after all these years, is increasingly shocking.

Edited by grade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rich10 said:

Don't mention the Editor, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it...  :)

SI must know weeks/months in advance which features can/will make it into FMT, it surely can't be a last minute decision? (Lucas??)

It's not, but then it's not unheard of for FMT features to be tweaked a bit later than FM's. Again this is down to the way the development works. 

The main reason there probably hasn't been any promotion will be the simple fact that it's actually already been done for FM, so its very much largely going to be the same for FMT. 

Other thing to consider is the way that FMT is marketed and understood as mainly being a tablet game. All the promotional material on the website shows FMT's Tablet look (the dead giveaway is the new game setup screen and the 'tablet' graphic around the screenshots). The Tablet games being digital are subject to approval for the stores, so they may be later with any marketing or even not at all and dropped as a surprise. It would be nice if they did as a fan for sure.

I can definitely see (being on the outside now) why someone might think it's neglected, but it's not really the case. Having worked on it so closely myself, the inference that there are people that don't care at SI is a bit harsh, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I can definitely see (being on the outside now) why someone might think it's neglected, but it's not really the case. Having worked on it so closely myself, the inference that there are people that don't care at SI is a bit harsh, really. 

It could be, and i'm sure it is, but even you admited that for someone seeing from the outside, it sure seems that FMT players are a bit negleted.

I buy the touch version, for ipad, since the first edition (FMT15, back then called FMC15), and apart from that year, the other 3 editions (16, 17 and las t year 18) the information was always scarce.

In fact, if you compare FMC15 with FMT18, and if you remove the new features that are also in the full fat version, it's pretty easy to see that you don't have a single (i could be wrong, but the truth is i can't remember) new feature that was release only to improve the touch version.

So, why having a wishlist thread in the forum for touch version?

Again, a rant comment. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allow me to clarify 'neglected', I meant purely from a comms/marketing perspective.

Didn't intend to sound harsh there chap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

It could be, and i'm sure it is, but even you admited that for someone seeing from the outside, it sure seems that FMT players are a bit negleted.

I buy the touch version, for ipad, since the first edition (FMT15, back then called FMC15), and apart from that year, the other 3 editions (16, 17 and las t year 18) the information was always scarce.

In fact, if you compare FMC15 with FMT18, and if you remove the new features that are also in the full fat version, it's pretty easy to see that you don't have a single (i could be wrong, but the truth is i can't remember) new feature that was release only to improve the touch version.

So, why having a wishlist thread in the forum for touch version?

Again, a rant comment. :)

Again its a case of feature ideas being needed for the touch version. It is going to be a slower process because it is intended to be a quick game to play, and not get closer to FM in feature terms. What FMT doesn't need is feature bloat, its one of the main reasons it was created.

It is very difficult when the userbase on the forum just want feature X from FM, or the editor, consistently year after year. 

That said there's very much ideas in the pipeline already - one reason for the wishlist thread in the forum for the Touch version was mainly for oversight in adding features to SI's database for consideration specifically for Touch (even though, all features are considered for both versions anyway).

Whether that continues or just gets consumed into the Feature Request forum, depends on what they want to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking to get FMT for 2019 on Switch (my preference) or Android tablet if they don't make a FMT on switch.

My computer is a little slow for FM2019 and I don't want to buy a new one just to play this (it's the only game I really play), plus the same reasons as above (not wanting to get too bogged down by the micromanagement of FM2019). Over time, FM just ends up feeling like a full time job and not an enjoyable simulation. Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge, but not to spend ages and ages in between games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kiriakoz said:

I was looking to get FMT for 2019 on Switch (my preference) or Android tablet if they don't make a FMT on switch.

 

They do, and I'm sure they will release FMT19 for Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rich10 said:

They do, and I'm sure they will release FMT19 for Switch.

Sorry, I meant FMT19 (although I didn't specify). I thought it was unusual that they released FMT18 for switch really late in the year, as I would never buy the game that late in it's cycle (although I only recently bought a Switch anyway - so even less likely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiriakoz said:

I thought it was unusual that they released FMT18 for switch really late in the year, as I would never buy the game that late in it's cycle (although I only recently bought a Switch anyway - so even less likely).

Firsts on new platforms for SI have been towards the end of the year, Vita was as well.

Even CM4 I think was released around March time. FMM was released in December I'm sure one year, etc.

Wouldn't read much into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Firsts on new platforms for SI have been towards the end of the year, Vita was as well.

Even CM4 I think was released around March time. FMM was released in December I'm sure one year, etc.

Wouldn't read much into it.

That is good context.

I got a bit worried that they wouldn't make a FMT19 on Switch if the FMT18 didn't sell well, but I though, who would buy it that late in the cycle. 

I guess what you're saying makes sense: to switch a game to another format/console probably takes some work so they do it in the quieter period of their cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the comparable devices be released soon, the webpage says early October, I’m trying to weigh up getting an android tablet or iPad. There are loads of options but the reviews are a bit hit or miss. Anyone have any advice on what’s run the game well in the past, looking at galaxy tab s3 or s4 or the new iPad, anyone used the Huawei ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lucas

quick question regarding FMT18 and the tablet compatible list.

I remember that for FMT18 the only xioami tablet that would play the game was the Xiaomi Mipad One. 

Now, Xiaomi release the Mid Pad 4 this year, with the snapdragon 660 chipset and Adreno 512 graphics. It's a 4GbRam tablet.

Would this run FMT18 fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Ie. When the beta is out? 

So we should expect fm touch news by Friday this week then as beta is here by Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason the touch version doesnt get much marketing, is because more and more players are switching to it each year.  the is an increasing number of players that are getting fed up with all the micromanagement in the full version. all these silly repetative media questions are supposed to add to immersion, yet actually take away from it because the question is either stupid or repetitive. Player reactions to your interactions are silly. FMT gets rid of all or most of those annoyances. 

 

Its also faster and actually closer to what makes us love FM than the full version. 

so the fact that increasing numbers of players are switching to this version from the full version, is quite damaging for SI because it shows that the features that are not in FMT are actually not wanted or poorly implemented. I appreciate there is still a good number of players that like all the stuff in the full version, but I know myself, my friends, and many forum and reddit users, have made the switch to FMT and actually enjoy it more, not just because its more streamlined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Would this run FMT18 fine?

Depends if its on the list or not first, and if its not, whether you can download it... 

But I don't know, in all honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, trevjim said:

I think the reason the touch version doesnt get much marketing, is because more and more players are switching to it each year.  the is an increasing number of players that are getting fed up with all the micromanagement in the full version. all these silly repetative media questions are supposed to add to immersion, yet actually take away from it because the question is either stupid or repetitive. Player reactions to your interactions are silly. FMT gets rid of all or most of those annoyances. 

 

Its also faster and actually closer to what makes us love FM than the full version. 

so the fact that increasing numbers of players are switching to this version from the full version, is quite damaging for SI because it shows that the features that are not in FMT are actually not wanted or poorly implemented. I appreciate there is still a good number of players that like all the stuff in the full version, but I know myself, my friends, and many forum and reddit users, have made the switch to FMT and actually enjoy it more, not just because its more streamlined.

I would like to think that more people are coming to FMT. Either for Tablet or desktop. It makes the pressure to have good marketing strategy for FMT. Maybe that is the way to push for a release of an editor for FMT or the current editor be enable to edit FMT database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Depends if its on the list or not first, and if its not, whether you can download it... 

But I don't know, in all honesty.

But who decides what tablets can run the game? SI or Google/Apple?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

But who decides what tablets can run the game? SI or Google/Apple?

Developers can decide the requirements depending on what devices they can support through Android/Apple. 

With Apple that's pretty straight forward, but on Android new tablets appear all the time obviously that wouldn't be on the compatibility list because they are new/not tested. So you might be able to download it on an unsupported device that wasn't tested directly with the game or set to be incompatible on the Google side. 

All the compatibility list is, is a guaranteed list of devices you can play the game with. Much like system requirements really, if you don't meet them then there's no guarantee it will run.

So it's best to wait and see the compat list before deciding if it will run, or just assuming that it will. Some Android vendors have released "newer" tablets with a higher version numbers that were worse than the "older" one, so I'd definitely check the list to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Developers can decide the requirements depending on what devices they can support through Android/Apple. 

With Apple that's pretty straight forward, but on Android new tablets appear all the time obviously that wouldn't be on the compatibility list because they are new/not tested. So you might be able to download it on an unsupported device that wasn't tested directly with the game or set to be incompatible on the Google side. 

All the compatibility list is, is a guaranteed list of devices you can play the game with. Much like system requirements really, if you don't meet them then there's no guarantee it will run.

So it's best to wait and see the compat list before deciding if it will run, or just assuming that it will. Some Android vendors have released "newer" tablets with a higher version numbers that were worse than the "older" one, so I'd definitely check the list to be sure.

You guys make life really reallly hard for someone who is thinking of buying a tablet to play the game.

There should be a minimum spec, like in the PC version. Something like... any tablet with snapdragon chipset above XXX will run the game. Any game with mediatek chipeset above YYY will run the game. Something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

You guys

I'm not "You guys" anymore :) 

1 minute ago, Keyzer Soze said:

There should be a minimum spec, like in the PC version. Something like... any tablet with snapdragon chipset above XXX will run the game. Any game with mediatek chipeset above YYY will run the game. Something like that.

There is for Apple devices. 

Android ones are confusing. I don't begin to understand them really, they are confusing enough as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, i have a miniipad 3, and until now it's been great to play FMT. And it could even works for FMT19.

But, i prefer to change to a android tablet, so that i can costum the game a little bit. It's kinda sad playing with Benfica... and seeing SLB instead of the proper name. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Yeah, i have a miniipad 3, and until now it's been great to play FMT. And it could even works for FMT19.

But, i prefer to change to a android tablet, so that i can costum the game a little bit. It's kinda sad playing with Benfica... and seeing SLB instead of the proper name. :)

Tell me about it.

I can't even switch that in the desktop version. Despite we are used to sing as SLB, but I like to see Benfica instead of SLB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been FM fan since the 90's and a user on here since 2005, I made the switch to FMC/FMT several years ago and not looked back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rub Rub said:

Ive been FM fan since the 90's and a user on here since 2005, I made the switch to FMC/FMT several years ago and not looked back

@rubrub did you switch to FMT tablet form or do you play FMT desktop version?

I’m seeing a lot of comments on other threads that there are a lot of injuries etc with the hope you’ll make in game purchases? Have you found that the case? 

I’m happy to make the switch as long as the game play is the same just more streamlined. To be honest, I used to set my assistant to take training, press conferences etc so this could suit me better from what people are saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dudds85 said:

@rubrub did you switch to FMT tablet form or do you play FMT desktop version?

I’m seeing a lot of comments on other threads that there are a lot of injuries etc with the hope you’ll make in game purchases? Have you found that the case? 

I’m happy to make the switch as long as the game play is the same just more streamlined. To be honest, I used to set my assistant to take training, press conferences etc so this could suit me better from what people are saying. 

That's impossible. 

FMT share the same ME than the full fat version, so there's no way that injuries could have a different code line, or something else, to increase or decrease. 

That kind of rumor usually happen when some user have a bad run, and decide to blame the game for their own lack of intelligence. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a lot more injuries introduced this year into both the Full and Touch versions. Mainly small and short injuries and still under real life levels, though it has caused a lot of criticism and complaints of it being unrealistic. The main difference between Full and Touch is that the editor allows you to mitigate injuries to your preference on full while you need to purchase unlockables on Touch (or use a non-SI editor on computer).

@grade What do you mean you can't change it? I've got it set to Benfica on mine but it removes the nickname. Or do you mean that it's restricted on Apple computers/devices?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I receive a PM, about how to change it in desktop version. Thanks anyway. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×