***FMS 2018 Awards*** Live from The Jose Mourinho Centre for Relationship Counselling

mark wilson27

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here, albeit after a personal (computer) crisis. Well, somebody has to stop this being a Mark Wilson monologue.

I'm afraid I don't have any pre-ceremony music this year, unless anyone here is really into angsty young female singer-songwriters, but my plus-one will be along shortly.

Nice to have you along this year, Neil. How are you? I know you've been quiet around these parts for a while.

Ah, here's my plus-one now. So great that you could come, Billy. Hang on a minute... you're not Billy Holiday!

BILLY KHAN: "No, bruv, Khan's the name. That Holiday fella's off in Cambodia, ain't he? Don't know why, to be fair. The World Cup quallies don't start for AAAAGES, bruv!

"Anyway, I'm here to make an official complaint. Why the f*** ain't 'Sometimes Love Is Not Enough' up for any awards? That was a well sick story, mate - probably the best CFuller's ever written!

"It's cos of our saviour Arsène, innit? José's so egocentric that he wants to make tonight all 'bout him and not 'bout none of his rivals! Not Ferguson, not Benítez, not Pep... not even Pogba, bruv.

"No alcohol for me, mate... as if it ain't obvs."

And none for me, either. As if it wasn't obvious already after telling you for the best part of four years.

Edited by CFuller

4 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Nice to have you along this year, Neil. How are you? I know you've been quiet around these parts for a while.

Well thank you mate. Been having a bit of time off, health is still a little up and down. Hope all is well with you all.

Four people huh? That's nearly as many as voted!

Just now, neilhoskins77 said:

Well thank you mate. Been having a bit of time off, health is still a little up and down. Hope all is well with you all.

Four people huh? That's nearly as many as voted!

I'm alright, thanks. A couple of grandparents haven't been in the best of health of late, but otherwise, all's well in the Fuller family.

BILLY KHAN: "Four people? For reals? AMATEURS! 'We Are The Gooners' was hiring more peeps and pulling thousands of YouTube views when we was at our peak, bruv!"

Just now, CFuller said:

So one of the Short Story winners is a story that came about partly because I suggested that Italy needed Marco Wilsonio after failing to qualify for Russia.

I demand at least 25% of the winnings, Mark. ;)

I'll get you a vodka if you want :)

BILLY KHAN: "Oh boy! I'm a nominee for an award! I ain't been this excited since Lady Sovereign collabed with the Ordinary Boys!"

To be honest, Billy, you've got about as much chance of winning as Wendy Weaver.

The next award is for the FMS Best International Management Story of the Year and the nominees are 

An Impossible Man (CFuller)  
Stuff Reputation it's all about FORM (mark wilson27) 
(FM'17) Kracking Kyrgyzstan - An Impossible International Dream. The Reboot. (neilhoskins77)  
Another Final (EvilDave)

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

2j2qsv.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

The Winners are: 

An Impossible Man (CFuller)  
(FM'17) Kracking Kyrgyzstan - An Impossible International Dream. The Reboot. (neilhoskins77)  
Another Final (EvilDave) 

I'll have it for the four months of the year that cover Christmas. I get more visitors around that time

Congratulations ED and CFuller. I wasn't expecting to be anywhere close this year.

My first award. Well, my first third of an award, at least. As long as I keep the little plaque on the bottom, I'm happy. :lol:

I would like to dedicate this award to Mark Catterall, his wife Jenny, his children Ashley and Luke, his assistant Michael, his boss Clark....

[FIVE MINUTES LATER]

...and his Under-19s midfielder Graham Hartmann.

Billy Khan uploads YouTube video titled: "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO CFULLER LEFT OUT OF HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH!!!!!"

BILLY KHAN: "If a story about an 18-year-old game wins an award and SLINE don't, then I'm officially calling this awards do RIGGED!"

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

The Winner is:

Heart of Asia: Going Back to the 2002 World Cup (CFuller)

BILLY KHAN: "RIGGED!"

Wow, er... I wasn't expecting this, especially considering I was up against two stories from the 2017 Writer of the Year.

Okay, José's signalling me to cut it there, so... laters.

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

The Winner is:

Heart of Asia: Going Back to the 2002 World Cup (CFuller)

Well done sir, well deserved

Congrats Chris. A superb labour of love story that was easily one of the highlights of the FM Stories board this year.

Just now, neilhoskins77 said:

Congrats Chris. A superb labour of love story that was easily one of the highlights of the FM Stories board this year.

Thanks, Neil. I was pleasantly surprised to see a story around such an old edition of the franchise garner the support that it did.

I would give the award to Billy Holiday as a thank-you, but... I'm not sure where he is.

BILLY KHAN: "Cambodia! Allah, don't you listen, bruv?"

Now its time for the penultimate story award of the night as we find out who wins the FMS English Story of the Year.

The nominees are:

House Of Flying Daggers (CFuller) 
The Premier League Reimagined: It's a Whole New Ball Game (King Jeff) 
Back in Britain - Part III of the Owain Williams saga (EvilDave)