The FM Show Season 2, Episode 2 - Feature Reveal

• Administrators

Join Curtis and Tom as they talk you through all the major feature announcements for the forthcoming Football Manager 2019, including Tactics, Training and more.

The first episode of Season Two can be found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlm6PxvdK4U

To watch any of the episodes from Season One, all the episodes can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/444138-the-fm-show-season-one/

Well, I guess the presentation maybe seems mildly less tone-deaf than previous years. Though I did almost throw up when one of the first things they discussed was how excited they were about the consistency of the FM branding throughout the game. I guarantee that absolutely no one who doesn't have a financial stake in SI gives a toss about the consistency of the FM branding.  And I still couldn't make it through 5 minutes of the video before I had to give up. At least it got me here, which is presumably what people wanted.

New features seem nice though. Looking forward to getting to grips with the new tactics creator.

I dont agree with the statement that the club colours make it more immersive and you remember what save you are on. 

The colours are gaudy.

The Ui is terrible for this reason and more which i will address in a scathing post when the game is released.

Back to the save game statement. Who doesnt remember what save they are on??? Hope that saved games arent Untitled 1 Untitled 2... all my saved gamea are called LFC or Barcelona. Or italian challenge.

I defy that statement that the club colours help you remember what save you are on.

The only changes i have seen here are not new features but revamped features.

Only new features i can make out are the VAR and goal line tech. Which have been implemented badly which i touched on in another post. Basically takes too long based on the vid released and is boring. I dont want to see ref run to a hood, cant imagine anyone would. Prefer close up inset of incident or different angles etc. Ref run to hood is BORING!

I refuse to call community outreach progranmes and the like "new features" i prefer the term a waste of time and again BORING! 

Its a football manager game. Wheres the attend training sessions. 5 aside games. Player training reports and performance rating in training.

Once again lashed with more media questions about VAR and goal line technology despite constant complaints the media interaction is too much. They do nothing to curtail it and do the opposite by adding to it.

I dont know who they're researchers are for game development but Id seriously look for another point of view.

11 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I defy that statement that the club colours help you remember what save you are on.

I did laugh at that, how much of a simpleton must you be to not know what save you've just loaded up & will the background colours really jog your poor memory? What if save 1 is Barcelona & save 2 is Bologna? I mean that's two clubs starting with B & using the same colours, this guy have no chance. :D

I dont get that argument with the club colours at all either, because when i play any of the old FMs 2017 atm i have those club colours and they define nicely the surface and do give a great feeling you are AT the cub. If anything it ISNT SO in the new game, its purple and the club colurs are throen into it , matching or not . So what do those people actually say when it was nice and working before and NOW it doesnt work anymore? Strange wannabe fanboys hope they got paid ok for being like that. Those are marketing efforts that always leave me wanting the product less than before.

My games tend to be untitled unknown  1 or 2 though but i still know which club i manage in them, if i needed help as i said easily was right into it before seeing the UI with loko and nice team colors, now i better save with team name because purple is definately putting the teams identity in the background.

Those guys remind me of those nice ladies talking about lipsticks for hours on youtube, not much substance but some seem to really dig it, even if its just superficial commercials of the worst kind. 

FM could do so much better ...a british guy that has been living in his mothers basement for the last 20 years, pretending to play D&D with his imaginary friends , painting Warhammer figures , knowing he will never have someone to actually play and of course a FM fanatic for all the time. That guy should tell me me why i can be excited about the new FM, but tbh what i have seen so far to honestly indorse it and come out of the basement i dnt know if you could find that guy. 

BTW for some reason the guy i am talking about is a Nottingham City fan. :-D

Edited by GerdMuller

On 29/09/2018 at 11:09, Smurf said:

Player training reports and performance rating in training.

You should look at the training features thread. There's a screenshot that shows which players trained well and which players didn't .

On 29/09/2018 at 23:58, GerdMuller said:

FM could do so much better ...a british guy that has been living in his mothers basement for the last 20 years, pretending to play D&D with his imaginary friends , painting Warhammer figures , knowing he will never have someone to actually play and of course a FM fanatic for all the time. That guy should tell me me why i can be excited about the new FM, but tbh what i have seen so far to honestly indorse it and come out of the basement i dnt know if you could find that guy. 

BTW for some reason the guy i am talking about is a Nottingham City fan. :-D

You’re looking in the wrong place, we don’t do basements in the UK.

49 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You should look at the training features thread. There's a screenshot that shows which players trained well and which players didn't .

That's pretty good. 

You mean this? Shows 3 players, am I missing another screenshot?

6.png.3bb8092a59fbd7b03ac46976b94d74ef.thumb.png.a043ff50631bc0f7e39d363bb27d1e56.png

Edited by Smurf
grabbed screengrab from other thread

48 minutes ago, Smurf said:

That's pretty good. 

You mean this? Shows 3 players, am I missing another screenshot?

6.png.3bb8092a59fbd7b03ac46976b94d74ef.thumb.png.a043ff50631bc0f7e39d363bb27d1e56.png

There looks to be a clickable link 'Training Performance' above the three featured players? I imagine a sub-screen that shows the whole squad's performance.

17 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

There looks to be a clickable link 'Training Performance' above the three featured players? I imagine a sub-screen that shows the whole squad's performance.

There's also a lot of space to include more information/players etc. 

3 minutes ago, Smurf said:

There's also a lot of space to include more information/players etc. 

SI responded to you before about empty space in panels being down to screen resolution and text translation differences.

I think these are the biggest changes on a new version to FM for a while not exactly sure why people are hanging on smaller UI changes. Don't like the UI then download a skin, like always... I would have preferred they spent more time on ensuring the Online game mode works out of the box but I commend them on the Training and Tactic changes.

6 minutes ago, Vicz said:

I think these are the biggest changes on a new version to FM for a while not exactly sure why people are hanging on smaller UI changes. Don't like the UI then download a skin, like always... I would have preferred they spent more time on ensuring the Online game mode works out of the box but I commend them on the Training and Tactic changes.

I'm the opposite - I don't play online game - and prefer them to work on managerial aspects of the game, given the games name. 

But then again, that's why they work on both.

2 minutes ago, Smurf said:

I'm the opposite - I don't play online game - and prefer them to work on managerial aspects of the game, given the games name. 

But then again, that's why they work on both.

Haha, well you know in the Online mode you also manage a football team right?

Fair enough though. The managerial part of the game is at a good level, hence why people buy it every year. The Online part could be vastly improved. Which is why I'd prefer them to improve that.

1 minute ago, Vicz said:

Haha, well you know in the Online mode you also manage a football team right?

Fair enough though. The managerial part of the game is at a good level, hence why people buy it every year. The Online part could be vastly improved. Which is why I'd prefer them to improve that.

True. But others would say that the training and the tactics need to be vastly improved, and I am one of those that think that way. 

But then again, you think the other way and want the online mode, which is something I'd never use, but I wouldn't say never to develop it further in lieu of working on other aspects of the game.

7 minutes ago, Smurf said:

True. But others would say that the training and the tactics need to be vastly improved, and I am one of those that think that way. 

But then again, you think the other way and want the online mode, which is something I'd never use, but I wouldn't say never to develop it further in lieu of working on other aspects of the game.

Fair enough, everybody wants different things. However there's a difference between wanting something improved because you want it to operate better and wanting something improved because at times (often on release) it actually is just unplayable.

Edited by Vicz
times*

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

But the panel beside it is filled. 

The training performance panel looks to have a second box below which I'm presuming will show the worst ratings meaning the whole panel will be full too.

Edited by SortitoutsiVP

4 minutes ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

The training performance panel looks to have a second box below which I'm presuming will show the worst ratings meaning the whole panel will be full too.

Good spot - so with no bad performers, it still lists only 3 top performers, and leaves the empty box there? Maybe it's a work in progress.

Just now, Smurf said:

Good spot - so with no bad performers, it still lists only 3 top performers, and leaves the empty box there? Maybe it's a work in progress.

At first I thought it was early in pre season and too early to split the list but its the 27th August so should certainly by now be showing two lists of players, if that is indeed what is going to happen. 

• Administrators
On 01/10/2018 at 11:23, Smurf said:

Maybe it's a work in progress.

That probably explains why they put the watermark on there then ;) 

• Administrators

I think they might be on the video itself, but I’m sure I’ve seen Work in Progress plastered on them somewhere. 

• Neil Brock unpinned and featured this topic
  • 1 month later...