Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2019 Feature Blogs: Official Bundesliga Licence

Recommended Posts

After a wait of more than a decade, the fully licensed Bundesliga finally makes its debut in Football Manager 2019. This means that in FM19 both the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 will be kitted out with club badges, kits and player faces as well as the respective trophies for each league, creating an even more immersive user experience.

1.png

Alongside newly licensed kits and badges we’re bringing the full Bundesliga experience into Football Manager on the pitch too - this will be a perfect place to experience VAR and goal-line technology.

3.png

The Bundesliga is an ideal fit for the Football Manager ethos as it’s a league bursting with young talent from across the globe, giving you the chance to turn these wonderkids into global superstars over the course of your career. If you’ve never managed in Germany before, then now is the perfect time to do so.

4.png

Finally, as well as the addition of the Bundesliga license, FM19 will feature a full German language translation from day one. This will include more than 2m words and phrases translated into German and expands on our existing portfolio of in-game languages, which now stands at 19. In addition to this there are even more brilliant translations put together by Football Manager’s huge global community that are available to download on Steam Workshop.

8.png

FM19 marks the first year of our four-year licensing contract with the Bundesliga and we hope to build on our already successful partnership over the coming years and, of course, we hope that you’ll enjoy managing in the fully licensed Bundesliga in this year’s game.

5.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's one less thing we'll need a graphics and name pack for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barside said:

Will FM still have 3.Liga & can we add in lower levels via the competition editor or is this license limited?

I reckon it will still have the 3.Liga and be able to add lower leagues to the Germany pack via the pre-game editor. But in terms of actual licencing its only the top two leagues from what I read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HawkAussie said:

I reckon it will still have the 3.Liga and be able to add lower leagues to the Germany pack via the pre-game editor. But in terms of actual licencing its only the top two leagues from what I read. 

Can't assume anything with licenses & as the lower leagues are run by a body that SI do not have a license from (DFB) I am curious due to the retail restrictions that are encounterd in Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the main problem was grey national team, not Bundesliga...

and also we still don't have Japan and lost Brazil...

I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed, but I do understand (c)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So long as it was a case of the DFB license not be availble at this time & not SI forgetting to negotiate with them when bidding for the DFL license then I can forgive the German NT & 3.Liga being unavaialble in the default database if indeed that is the case.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasted money tht hopefully generates at least sales in the i want it shiny generation. Only positive would hve been to not bother to fix the league yourself, but having to do the national team anyway and liking to LL its really just that for me personally...wasted money .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure the additional revenue that the German market will generate will more than enough new income for SI & will hopefully provide an easier path to get the DFB license at a later date.,

Would still like to know that the comp editor will not lock out making changes to the German structure as my go to starting point for nearly all of my recent career saves has been an OberLiga club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the last thing you guys need feedback on now, but a 9 for long shots for Pavard after that beauty in the World Cup seems low. :D Unless that was a fluke and he's awful shooting from long in normal conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, noikeee said:

This is the last thing you guys need feedback on now, but a 9 for long shots for Pavard after that beauty in the World Cup seems low. :D Unless that was a fluke and he's awful shooting from long in normal conditions. 

I'd be more concerned he's not even considered an accomplished right back than the long shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the main feature update is something that a simple mod does just as well. The other updates with respect to training and tactics are pretty useless as well. These were already detailed enough as it is. What FM 19 should have improved on: 1) the match engine 2) adding commentary 3) more in-depth national team management. Good thing I put off pre-purchasing until I saw a list of features. I was expecting much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 50 Minuten schrieb Cassonava:

So the main feature update is something that a simple mod does just as well. The other updates with respect to training and tactics are pretty useless as well. These were already detailed enough as it is. What FM 19 should have improved on: 1) the match engine 2) adding commentary 3) more in-depth national team management. Good thing I put off pre-purchasing until I saw a list of features. I was expecting much better.

 

Well, being able to legally get the game in Germany in the first place is quite a feature for us German fans :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still got our games somehow here and if a more direct approach and maybe not over buying steam keys creates more revenue its awesoem for SI. For the players itself it doesnt matter much hardcore fans still need to tweak the national team etc and have very little less hustle. For the casual gamers: Bad idea to focus in training of all things on the new features in FM, the German FM market of more casual gamers is still defined by Anstoss and the FIFA Manager Experience , which means people want to manage a team and the buildings and stadium around it,  buy and sell players and not bother much about the tactics in depth or the training at all much. So focussing on training as baic new feature might be a wrong step for the opening of the German FM market. I know even more hardcore gamers like me really rate the tactics and training part to this day a lot less than building the business aspect of the game. Gemrna want and ar eused to a manager game, meaning more business manager, the staff role in Germany described as Manager is even more of a business manager with player and personell instructions. The Coach is for the game day and training duties, This is deeply routed especially in casual gamers and so it was rather ill advised to open the german market with a focus on training. 

Edited by GerdMuller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

 

4.png

 

8.png

Fantastic stuff, just hoping those aren't the FM19 starting stats for those players they've had no upgrade at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 20 Minuten schrieb Barside:

SI certainly should have branded the German release as fussball trainer.

 

No absolutely not, the FM brand is already strong in Germany and Fussball Trainer as brand is to strong on the training aspect then, FM gives you the role of an English football manager , it is as it is .

By the way the screenshot above reach the german market after all, Germany loves Milka.

Download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish SI could get the entries for the DFB Pokal correct. Although I understand it's a complex qualification system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good still no national team so i can buy german stars without incessant injuries on national duty :D

Looking forward to a save in the Bundesliga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 минуты назад, westy8chimp сказал:

Good still no national team so i can buy german stars without incessant injuries on national duty :D

 

LOL :brock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really, I mentioned that fact early on and so did Jayahr.

Would be nice to get a response to my query on the implications of SI not having a licence from the DFB, will FM19 have the third tier playable as before & will the competition editor allow the creation of lower league files to be attached to the German structure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was mentioned yes and i added if its enough to generate so much additional income for SI its worth it in itself. :-D Still the German market could have been hit way better i guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jayahr said:

 

Well, being able to legally get the game in Germany in the first place is quite a feature for us German fans :-)

I always manage within the Bundesliga, but No National team was the main problem?? This is like a why bother? I will d/l a mod fix like always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Lincenses is always welcome.


Sure it is great news for german colleagues that can buy the game in their Country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Good still no national team so i can buy german stars without incessant injuries on national duty :D

Don't forget the International Appearance clauses you will never pay :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this mean the German National Team wont be greyed out now as well?

Glad for this license though, I love playing in Germany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Does this mean the German National Team wont be greyed out now as well?

Glad for this license though, I love playing in Germany

No, the national team rights are owned by the DFB which SI do not have a license from.

You can refer to the tweet linked in the post by @autohoratio earlier in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely brilliant. So many things I've wanted for a long time, and the German License totally sells it for me.

I swear though, if I'm asked about my suit in the first press conference after taking over Borussia Dortmund I'm gonna be very upset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, SI said they partnered with Bayer 04 Leverkusen in this release and sadly that is one of the most unattractive Clubs in the Bundesliga as it is recognized as "Plastic-Club".

Due to the finanicial support of the Bayer Chemical Company it was able despite having one of the smallest Stadiums, one of the smallest Fanbases in Germany to get into the EL + CL quite pretty regularly.

Its good times having Players like Ulf Kirsten (former GDR Striker-Star) or the win of the UEFA-Cup are one or more decades ago and it ever lacked the ambition to attack FC Bayern Munich thus it only blocks a place for a Club that could make better use of the international Price + Sponsor Money to build up a Team with Flair and Ambition instead of sitting on the laurels of being somewhat above medioce and obey to bootlick the Bayern Munich Oppressors.

The only worst solution would have been TSG Hoffenheim but VFL Wolfsburg and RB Leipzig would not be much better as all of them are Plastic-Clubs with Hoffenheim a Club in the middle of nowhere only existing bcs the money of one very old very rich man who wants to be admired natinowide for doing so and fights any criticism like its a Terror threat - they even had an illegal apparatus that send hurtful soundwaves to opposing Fanblocks in case of them singing something he found offensive which is pretty much anything that does not praise him while the whole Team is nothing more than an non offcial Bayern Munich Farmteam.

The old guy there has a deep Business Connection to the Bayern Munich guys and once the old Sport Director left bcs they sold Players to Bayern Munich he did not want to be sold over his head...

Well, Bayer 04 is a bad choice imho but ok, as long i can use a Skin and have not to look at that ugly coloursheme all time i am ok with it and enjoy the game.

Edited by Etebaer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayer Leverkusen & VfL Wolsburg are very traditional teams with a lot of history that actually pre-dates the Bundesliga, both were formed as workers teams & are not remotely similar to TSG or RBL but that's a discussion for a thread in the football forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is actually one of the most positive  things for me. Question is whether this allows people in Germany to now buy the game via Steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Etebaer said:

Well, SI said they partnered with Bayer 04 Leverkusen in this release and sadly that is one of the most unattractive Clubs in the Bundesliga as it is recognized as "Plastic-Club".

Due to the finanicial support of the Bayer Chemical Company it was able despite having one of the smallest Stadiums, one of the smallest Fanbases in Germany to get into the EL + CL quite pretty regularly.

Its good times having Players like Ulf Kirsten (former GDR Striker-Star) or the win of the UEFA-Cup are one or more decades ago and it ever lacked the ambition to attack FC Bayern Munich thus it only blocks a place for a Club that could make better use of the international Price + Sponsor Money to build up a Team with Flair and Ambition instead of sitting on the laurels of being somewhat above medioce and obey to bootlick the Bayern Munich Oppressors.

The only worst solution would have been TSG Hoffenheim but VFL Wolfsburg and RB Leipzig would not be much better as all of them are Plastic-Clubs with Hoffenheim a Club in the middle of nowhere only existing bcs the money of one very old very rich man who wants to be admired natinowide for doing so and fights any criticism like its a Terror threat - they even had an illegal apparatus that send hurtful soundwaves to opposing Fanblocks in case of them singing something he found offensive which is pretty much anything that does not praise him while the whole Team is nothing more than an non offcial Bayern Munich Farmteam.

The old guy there has a deep Business Connection to the Bayern Munich guys and once the old Sport Director left bcs they sold Players to Bayern Munich he did not want to be sold over his head...

Well, Bayer 04 is a bad choice imho but ok, as long i can use a Skin and have not to look at that ugly coloursheme all time i am ok with it and enjoy the game.

You don't like Bayer Leverkusen then. I actually do like that club and try to have a save with them if I'm not engrossed in my other saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edwingray said:

So, hopefully also being able to test the beta before committing to the full version.

You'll only get the beta if you pre ordered the game. The demo will be free and released the same day as the full game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden schrieb bigmattb28:

You don't like Bayer Leverkusen then. I actually do like that club and try to have a save with them if I'm not engrossed in my other saves.

I actually liked them when they tried but like Wolfsburg they failed badly when they were on the verge of becoming a threat to Bayern Munich and have since lost all ambiition it seems - flair did they never have - and with the lack of amibition comes equally a decrease of respect they no longer earn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Etebaer said:

I actually liked them when they tried but like Wolfsburg they failed badly when they were on the verge of becoming a threat to Bayern Munich and have since lost all ambiition it seems - flair did they never have - and with the lack of amibition comes equally a decrease of respect they no longer earn!

Who do you support? I'm not sure Bayer or Dortmund for that matter have a lack of ambition, it's like the situation in Scotland with Celtic, teams probably don't think they have a chance and instead fight for second / third place in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/09/2018 at 13:57, Neil Brock said:

4.png

Well, I was on the fence between Schalke (yes, not Gelsenkirchen), and Leverkusen. Since you have a screenshot of a Leverkusen player, this must mean, I need to play Leverkusen. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'd like to have my first german go on fm19 as Schalke given how poorly they are performing in real life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2018 at 17:22, Barside said:

Bayer Leverkusen & VfL Wolsburg are very traditional teams with a lot of history that actually pre-dates the Bundesliga, both were formed as workers teams & are not remotely similar to TSG or RBL but that's a discussion for a thread in the football forum.

I dislike your comments, for the teams mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Barside said:

@Neil Brock are you able to confirm that the 3rd tier remains playable & that we can use the competition editor to add in German lower leagues?

I have always had down to third tier in Germany on my saves so hopefully the licenced Bundesliga won't change how low we can go without the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...