Football Manager 2019 Feature Blogs: VAR and Match Improvements

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic to include - I hope waiting around for VAR won't be too long. Be best to speed that up in game play - no need to see ref running to the hood, for example. 

Go to VAR, show an inset clip close up of incident and then the refs decision, much faster for game play.

5 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Fantastic to include - I hope waiting around for VAR won't be too long. Be best to speed that up in game play - no need to see ref running to the hood, for example. 

Go to VAR, show an inset clip close up of incident and then the refs decision, much faster for game play.

Yeah agree as long as its not too time consuming this is a great new feature will make some games really interesting especially if  the decisions are wrong or controversial some times   

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Where's the #24 for the team in Black running to? That's not a promising sign for set-piece defensive pathing & hopefully will be ironed out before release.

The fans were quite distracting with their ants in the pants style of patience, found myself being drawn to them rather than the ref at his monitor which broke the illusion of a tense & immersive moment in the match.

The lack of any action from the other NPC's (players, subs, staff) was disappoiting & wqhy is teh ref not giving a clear signal that a penalty has been awarded? I missed the gesture on the halfway line until teh 3rd viewing.

23 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

More than 500 animations have been replaced or improved. These include ball control animations, crosses, headers, passes, shots, tackles, some celebrations and even crowd movements. 

I'm really loving this one! More animations! Hopefully, this will iron out some weird issues from FM18! 

17 minutes ago, Smurf said:

This would be great, could pan to the big screen at larger stadiums.

vor einer Stunde schrieb wally13:

This is fantastic 

Yeah, who didnt watch football and said yeah thats just want i miss in simulations the referee waiting then wasting lots of time running around , staying to watch TV on the sidelines and then come to a conclusion that may be controversial still. :-D TBH that video already annoys me, yes i coudl have done without the experience of the referee taking away time by doing that TV referee routine forever.

is there a possibility to add VAR option  in the editor so we can use it in some competitions like the champions league and the premier league or will only be exclusive to existing competitions?

cheers

Edited by Branquinho1997

4 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

is there a possibility to add  VAR option  in the editor to some competitions like the champions league and the premier league or will only be exclusive to existing competitions?

cheers

You can select uses 'behind goal official' or whatever it is called so good chance it will be the same for VAR i would assume

Just now, Branquinho1997 said:

no because ,with the introduction of  VAR means that those officials are not needed

What he means is that if there's an option to add behind goal officials, there's likely going to be one for VAR as well.

Just now, Branquinho1997 said:

no because ,with the introduction of  VAR means that those officials are not needed

Sorry i meant as you could tick that for competitions that previously never used them then VAR will very possibly have a tick box similarly in the editor for competitions not using it currently

• Administrators
Just now, akm.91 said:

@Neil Brock You close a thread that numerous people are actively talking in about the feature reveals in general for what purpose?

I guess it’s one way of shutting down and draining out criticsm though. 

So people could discuss the features individually - we'd like people to comment within the blogs and engage with other users about the specific features that are announced. There's no ulterior motive to shut anything down. As always on these forums if you want to criticise go for it, just please try and make it constructive. 

4 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Sorry i meant as you could tick that for competitions that previously never used them then VAR will very possibly have a tick box similarly in the editor for competitions not using it currently

i just got this answer in twitter

3 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

@Neil Brock You close a thread that numerous people are actively talking in about the feature reveals in general for what purpose?

I guess it’s one way of shutting down and draining out criticsm though. 

From memory & to back you Neil's post the first annoucement thread is always locked once feature threads are posted, pretty sure it's been standard practice for a number of years now.

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

So people could discuss the features individually - we'd like people to comment within the blogs and engage with other users about the specific features that are announced. There's no ulterior motive to shut anything down. As always on these forums if you want to criticise go for it, just please try and make it constructive. 

I don´t buy individual features. I buy a game. Therefore, I would prefer discussing the game as a whole

Yes just one general thread for a general look at the features would have been nice, so it gets cluttered even more.

Back to topic: Var in itself is a feature as wanted and anticipated by me as being able to follow the players to take their **** doping test, maybe part of the game and interesting for some, but even on TV annoying for me and interrupting the flow totally. 

On the match engine and 3D aspect i can totally say i am always thinking evolution over revolution, i they fixed some issues and achieved a more realistic feeling its way better than a total overhaul with EA Graphics but a total raw inne rmechnaic behind it for th new system. Without being able to evaluate it i am more relieved by the slow pogress than i would have been excited with the risk of too much programmed new to look fnacier and missing the point.

VAR probably the only feature I'm disappointed if I'm honest. Just from a constructive viewpoint, I think its a little early to introduce it for me and will probably become quite repetitive (will you be able to skip it?) Much like Brexit  too(in my opinion) being released too early into the game when its not been finalised. VAR is still work in progress so to speak IRL

Just wanted to offer my constructive viewpoint on that. As I said in the main thread, the new features otherwise are fantastic. Very excited, great job SI

47 minutes ago, GerdMuller said:

Yeah, who didnt watch football and said yeah thats just want i miss in simulations the referee waiting then wasting lots of time running around , staying to watch TV on the sidelines and then come to a conclusion that may be controversial still. :-D TBH that video already annoys me, yes i coudl have done without the experience of the referee taking away time by doing that TV referee routine forever.

Each to is own your making your judgement on 1 video 😂

49 minutes ago, legnerschorsch said:

I don´t buy individual features. I buy a game. Therefore, I would prefer discussing the game as a whole

But only individual features have been shown - so how can you comment on the whole game until its out, bought and played?

16 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

They haven’t improved match engine. But they’ve given you a time consuming pointless VAR! No new stadium templates, no realism for match days! But we have pointless Goal line technology! 

They improve the match engine each year, so this is untrue. Please don't make things up and please start being more constructive with feedback

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

FM should rightly reflect real life, hence VAR (and the option of using it in certain leagues/competitions only) is spot on. BUT I agree I hope there is an option to reduce the time it takes to view  a decision being made>

18 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

They haven’t improved match engine. But they’ve given you a time consuming pointless VAR! No new stadium templates, no realism for match days! But we have pointless Goal line technology! 

This is day one of the new features so how could you possibly know this already? Far too much complaining about things that have yet to even be announced.

Just now, diddydaddydoddy said:

FM should rightly reflect real life, hence VAR (and the option of using it in certain leagues/competitions only) is spot on. BUT I agree I hope there is an option to reduce the time it takes to view  a decision being made>

I'd imagine there will be but as that video was the first time anyone has seen it in the game they was always going to show the full annimation etc.

Thats the problem, we all want realism but sometimes it can be too much also, its like in media , we all want it and the U17 and and and, but FM is in a state where you are looking to turn of options that in the end arent used really . Video ref is nice and realistic and all and i see most of the players tills itting there and saying...nahhh..it sucks where do i turn it off that snail running around is so annoying. For me as a major part of the NEW FM its a joke just because of this. Are there really guys that say: Thats jsut what i was missing so much. I dont blame SI, because thats jsut the state of the game it has become very hard to hit the balance between giving new features, have it as depp as possible but still not annnoying , repetitive and you in the end wanting to get done with it while still being there for the sake of realism. its the case with a lot of things in the game. That being said i see this feature and think to myself...great...i hate that IRL , like most plaery i hope i dont have to see the ref putting up a video referee perfomrance dance around the pitch 3 times a game . Its even more annoying on a game than IRL.

Yes we are jsut discussing a feature that is to influence the new game a fair bit with everyone saying: Nice touch, ihope i cna turn it off in the long term though. I think that is kind of bad. 

And also a very fine line, because 1% want to train their U17 in depth...5% really training in depth etc, but on the otherhand wouldnt be satisfied with: We left it totally out then, and then SI cant go out and say, you are right we basically made the same game as last year, just improved things you dont notice at first, i would buy it , many would, but it isnt a great approach to reach all people tha tmay be could buy the game.

Yes its a new feature 90% will be annoyed and want to skip it as soon as possible.

Edited by GerdMuller

4 minutes ago, Barside said:

No, they are not.

What are you talking about? Look at the video they put out earlier featuring the match engine for the Bundesliga game. It’s exactly the same. The generic stadium looks terrible, the dug out is made of bricks? The fans are all warring exactly the same thing. There is nothing realistic about anything in that video apart from the adboards. The match engine and graphics look the same as they have for the last few years. POOR! 

SI finally listen about tactical and training revamp, I'm surprised so many people disappointed 

The current match engine is a not something unplayable that really need an upgrade ASAP and SI always make addition to ME every series

For me this is a great features realese after disappointed FM 18 Features realese

18 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

What are you talking about? Look at the video they put out earlier featuring the match engine for the Bundesliga game. It’s exactly the same. The generic stadium looks terrible, the dug out is made of bricks? The fans are all warring exactly the same thing. There is nothing realistic about anything in that video apart from the adboards. The match engine and graphics look the same as they have for the last few years. POOR! 

What you have described is the graphics engine not the match engine.

1 hour ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

But only individual features have been shown - so how can you comment on the whole game until its out, bought and played?

Oh, I think i can about the direction they are heading. SI creates this huge merchandise drama and then the first new feature they celebrate is a new Skin. THEY set the emphasis. Sorry, this is no improvement! The community creates much better skins for already a decade. It´s a feature that gives uncritical buyers an illusion something has changed.

Again,  as long as the world cup final still looks the same like a non-league game the match engine is  a failure. This is what they should be working on.

I´m turned off by their communication and self-celebration. At least, they could be honest and switch to a system of yearly licenses. I would gladly pay the same price. But I would´t feel like they are trying to take me for an idiot any longer.

Edited by legnerschorsch