Tactical Help

Hi Im trying to set up a tactic that sits back when defending without the ball, and when we win the ball back to be direct and get the ball forward quickly.

I think I have the team instructions how I want them... but im not sure on the formation, team shape or player roles...

This is how I am set up so far...

image.thumb.png.d88c56c777ca0875405f9b6cd574abea.png

I picked control mentality as I understand that it naturally is a higher tempo with more direct passing.

I have a similar set up which without the ball the team with close down the opposition and try to win the ball back quickly but will be patient bringing the ball forward which is set up like this and for the most part is doing pretty well, and where possible I would like to keep the roles the same through the two to keep tactical familiarity up, but its not the end of the world as the players can play multiple roles.

image.thumb.png.07862efdf4399eb53c486edb1effcfbe.png

Any help would be great  

@M0jo You're playing with Stoke, right? If so, I'm not sure you should go with Control and 41221Wide. 

3 hours ago, M0jo said:

Hi Im trying to set up a tactic that sits back when defending without the ball, and when we win the ball back to be direct and get the ball forward quickly.

Seems as if you want to play counter-attacking football but without Counter mentality. I would try to do it in two ways: either playing with a 41221Wide Standard/Structured, or a 4141 Control/Highly Structured. The first setup would be something like this:

DLFa

Ws                        IFs

BtBM   BWMd

ACM

IWBd   DC   DC    FBs

GK/SKd

Standard / Structured

TIs: drop deeper, close down less, normal tempo, more direct passing, roam from positions, whipped crosses

BtBM - get further forward, more risky passes

Ws - get further forward

DLFa - move into channels

And the other option would be like this:

F9/DLFs

WS    APMs    BWMd      IWs

ACM

IWBd     DC     DC       WBd

GK/SKd

Control / Highly Structured

TIs: same as above + play narrower

APMs - more risky passes

WS - get further forward

IWs - get further forward

Striker - move into channels

Again, I'm not sure if any of this is going to work the way you want with a team like Stoke, but you can give it a try.

Archived