Assistant analysis

Guys i have a few questions about assistant analysis:

1. Do you guys use it and if so how? I wasn`t using it until now but i`m thinking that they have to be there for a reason.

2. I was thinking about using and I wonder if a player is getting burned too often is it right to decrease his tackling intensity so the opposition player doesn`t skip past my player`s tackles?

3. My player is missing a lot of crucial interceptions. Does this have to do anything with his closing down?

3 hours ago, Punt said:

1. Do you guys use it and if so how? I wasn`t using it until now but i`m thinking that they have to be there for a reason.

I sometimes just go to see what the Ass Man suggests, but rarely follow his ideas (ie. only if I agree with his assessment). 

4 hours ago, Punt said:

2. I was thinking about using and I wonder if a player is getting burned too often is it right to decrease his tackling intensity so the opposition player doesn`t skip past my player`s tackles?

Well, if you notice that an OP player easily skips past your player, then you certainly should decrease his tackling intensity. Also if your player is making too many fouls or has already been given a yellow card (because next time he might get a red one)

4 hours ago, Punt said:

3. My player is missing a lot of crucial interceptions. Does this have to do anything with his closing down?

It can be due to his CD level (in player instruction), but also with his attributes such as anticipation, positioning and concentration (in the first place).

14 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

It can be due to his CD level (in player instruction), but also with his attributes such as anticipation, positioning and concentration (in the first place).

You mean his role? Like if his role is stopper and he´s missing all those interceptions should I change it to something less aggressive like defend or even cover?

2 hours ago, Punt said:

You mean his role? Like if his role is stopper and he´s missing all those interceptions should I change it to something less aggressive like defend or even cover?

Yes. Some roles, such as BWM, have high closing down hard-coded, so you cannot change it within their PIs, you can only change their role and then you may even further reduce CD if you find it to be too high. I'm not sure that the stopper role has hard-coded CD, I think you should be able to change it manually (from (much) more to sometimes, or from sometimes to (much) less). In case it's hard-coded, then you should change his role into some less aggressive. If that doesn't help enough, the next step is to reduce his tackling to less aggressive as well. And if you want a CD to play in the stopper role, you need to make sure he has good anticipation, tackling, concentration, decisions, bravery, composure and at least decent acceleration and balance (strength should be also taken into account). When I use a stopper, I always put the other DC on cover (anticipation, positioning, concentration, decisions, teamwork and preferably acceleration...).

18 hours ago, Analog said:

I never listen to them.  In a recent game mine said we should play short passing, then suggested more direct passing within the span of maybe 5 minutes at most in game.  :stop:

You should sack him ASAP - he's obviously trolling you. :P

I can just imagine him giggling behind your back along with the subs like: "wait, wait, now i'm gonna go tell him to play short passes again". :D

If you understood the mechanics of how the advice is generated you would never read it again. 

Ive ignored it ever since it's conception to the point i dont think i even see it anymore. In the same way your nose is always in your vision but your brain alters the image so it disappears.

I use a fair bit of the pre-match advice.

I dont use the formation advice, as that is often one i dont even have in the training schedule (I've checked this, it's HIS preferred formation)

but i do take notice of some of the other information.

i'll follow the mentality & shape advice

i'll remember the role assignment advice and adjust things during the match on the fly as stuff unfolds during the match

TI advice is a bit of a mixed bag, sometimes its ok to follow it & sometimes its not, it largely depends on does that TI fit everything else

during the match i dont wait for the 'ease of tackling' advice after a yellow, i change it straight away

closing down/marking advise i generally follow as it pops up

TI changes are again largely subjective and require a bit of thought, the space bar gives you time for this.

yeah theres people who say the AssMan advice system is rubbish and should be ignored

but im currently on a 7 16 match winning unbeaten streak purely from doing what ive listed above

the previous season i was at a different club and at the end of the season i was 7pts clear of 2nd place, by following the advice of the same AssMan

and theres no guarantee that my ignoring the advice would have gotten the same or similar results so far

Archived