Fitness of International squads

Lanko

Is it just me or it seems there's a problem with the fitness of international squads?

I'm not even saying about end of season tournaments like the Eurocup or the World Cup. I was playing friendlies or qualifiers at beginning and middle of the season and players' fitness problems were still the same: they barely recover from one game to the next, even with 4 day interval. You play one game, and 3-4 days later, their fitness level barely recovered.

I watched a friend playing the Eurocup, and despite playing the third game of the first phase with all the reserves, he still went to the knockout-stage with his first team on the 80s% in fitness, with only two matches played and a week of "rest" between those two games. He had to play the semifinal with almost entirely the reserve team because the fitness level wouldn't rise from the mid 70s%. 

If you also manage a club and have players in the international squad, you get the option to "rest", but it doesn't make any difference, because the international squad doesn't train, so it would only take effect on club training (not to mention that even if worked, you wouldn't be able to use it on the vast majority of the squad anyway). We reduced intensity (barely a difference in the end), and nobody ever rotates like that in such competitions. And the fact it can affect the AI is not the point either.

Is this because there's no training tab and the players don't actually rest like they do in a club? IfIs there anything that can help with this? The game doesn't tell anything about it. It not, anyone knows if this is fixed in FM19?

Thanks all. 

Yes, I agree. It seems that many players have low fitness condition on international duty.

Even with 3-4 day interval, their fitness barely recover to at least 90%. Most of them are about mid 80s%.

However, nobody knows whether this issue will be fixed in FM2019.

They SHOULD add training in national teams and give us the choice to rest our players after a game. Quilifiers (at least in Europe) have 2 games with 2 days brake between them. This is ridiculous beeing   manager of a (national) team and can't train them even for some days!! Post it in requests forum too mate.. 

I often found myself having to use low-intensity tactics when managing England in FM17 for that very reason. When selecting my starting line-up, I typically won't pick anyone with < 92% condition unless I'm desperate, so you can imagine the headaches I had. Squad rotation became very important, perhaps more so than in real life.

International management as a whole has been neglected in FM for years, and I won't go back into it until it receives a lot of care and attention. Training players and having the option to rest them are two improvements I really want to see.

Poor fitness and awful tactic familiarity (even for NTs with little turnover and alternatives) are the bane of every poor sap who thought "international management will be fun!" in FM. And have been so for ages.

NT management is clearly an afterthought and it shows.

100% fitness indicates that a player is at optimal fitness but i would think that anything over 90% would be considered fit enough to start a match.

Is there perhaps an issue with league fixtures unrealistically close to international fixtures, perhaps you need to check this or perhaps playes in your international squad have not been playing regular for their league side, have come back from injury etc

Its been years since Ive managed an international side. Should the international side have a fitness coach recruited, can training be set etc? If this is an issue is it specific to England or is it for all international sides. 

is it something that only affects international management for countries with active leagues rather than in countries with inactive leagues?

A few things to look at as issues may have a pattern that can help diagnosis the underlying issue

Nope you don't have option to set training. You have fitness coach but I don't believe it has any impact (actually any coach has not any impact because there isn't training at all) Of course players who hasn't playing time with their clubs  get tired easier but (in European Quilifiers at least) you play Thursday and your next game is on Sunday and with no rest option almost every player has under 90% or under 85% at his fitness levels. If someone manage a country he should have their league active too but it doesn't change anything in fitness levels problem.. 

Interesting - why hire a fitness coach etc if there is no impact on player fitness within the international squad?

As mentioned is this occurrence the same or different for internal sides where they have or don't have their active league working

e.g. England leagues active you manage England and player fitness levels high or No Portuguese leagues active, you manage Portugal and player fitness levels low

46 minuti fa, MrPompey ha scritto:

As mentioned is this occurrence the same or different for internal sides where they have or don't have their active league working

this problem is present for at least 5 years now. For some reason, players in international squads are unable to play two matches in four days. The stamina just doesn't recover and it makes international management a total nightmare, borderline unplayable.

It does, but not sure if to the same extent as the player. They never seem as tired as mine, as far as I remember. And I'm not even playing an intense game, the bar is blue, below the mid point... unless they were playing with even less intensity.

Definitely agree with this complaint, seems way overdone specially in international tournaments, but even in international breaks in which I have 2 games spread apart 4 days or so, I'm pretty much forced to rotate at least half the squad.

Lack of tactical familiarity or training at all at international level was pretty disappointing to witness as well.

On 26/09/2018 at 20:23, MBarbaric said:

not sure about AI. however, in all likelihood, it does.

It affects players in active leagues more than inactive leagues (which I believe use a simplified fitness model) and "grays" differently again. Needless to say this can lead to some unbalanced outcomes..

On 23/09/2018 at 01:11, Sheriff7 said:

They SHOULD add training in national teams and give us the choice to rest our players after a game. Quilifiers (at least in Europe) have 2 games with 2 days brake between them. This is ridiculous beeing   manager of a (national) team and can't train them even for some days!! Post it in requests forum too mate.. 

I suggested some ideas about National Teams here, including the training.

On 26/09/2018 at 12:56, MrPompey said:

mm does this affect both the human manager and the AI manager in the same way?

i see the AI team is always lesse affected 

Archived