Need a DM. Any Suggestions?

Colonel Getafe

I'm trying to find a quality midfielder that will do a defensive job sitting in front of the back four in a 4-1-2-3 formation for my Man Utd save. Carrick is retiring and I only really have Matic who is 'natural' to that spot albeit as a Deep Lying Playmaker (I like to have 2 players for each spot).

I often buy Casemiro (who is a 'Defensive Midfielder' not DLP) but for some reason I can never seem to get too many above-average level performances out of him. Busquets would be ideal in that sitting role, but I can never quite make the finances work to get a deal done. William Carvalho has done that job pretty well most times for me in previous saves, Lars Bender has been ok in that role, and I'm currently giving Jorginho a try on another save but he's another DLP not a 'DM' or Ball Winner. (most players in that spot seem to be DLP and not so much DM or Ball Win which is what I'm after).

Any suggestions who else I could go for? I'm looking to give players I've not tried before a go, just to mix it up a bit (budgets allowing). cheers.

Lucas Tousart, Lucas Torreira (£22m release clause at the start of the game), or retrain a CB if you want to be really defensively proficient. I think Romagnoli can often be available for a reasonable fee, or you could retrain Victor Lindelöf if you don't rely on a BPD as his technicals are up their with a lot of top DLPs. Ascacibar from Stuttgart also has very good attributes but unlike all my other recommendations I've never signed him.

Archived