"I would love it if we beat them, LOVE IT"

smp20

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Both Jota and Zaha have "cuts inside" PPMs, so I bet they double up very nicely both as wingers (per the role) and as fake IFs (per the PPM)... best of both worlds, doing a bit of each.

Good point, basically they're given the freedom to do whatever they like :D

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Couple of fantastic signings there. Will remarkably improve your first XI! 

They certainly will :D

30 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

Now following! Enjoy the high scoring games!!

Cheers, so do I, as long as we win :p

2 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Wow great signings!

I have Phil Foden for my West Brom side a few years down the line.  He turns into a very good player as long as you give him the games (which Man City probably won't, unfortunately)

Yeah I've had him on previous saves, usually ends up rotting if he stays at City. I've extended his loan; would love to sign him permanently but they're still after £200m....Hope I can prize him away in the future whilst developing him here on loan.

6 minutes ago, smp20 said:

Yeah I've had him on previous saves, usually ends up rotting if he stays at City. I've extended his loan; would love to sign him permanently but they're still after £200m....Hope I can prize him away in the future whilst developing him here on loan.

I got him for £24m in 2024.  So he can be eventually bought for quite a modest fee (although he had hardly played in two seasons.....)

1 hour ago, Crispypaul said:

I got him for £24m in 2024.  So he can be eventually bought for quite a modest fee (although he had hardly played in two seasons.....)

Yeah hopefully a couple of seasons down the line they will be looking to offload him after bloating their squad with £200k+ wagers...

Related image

August 2020 Transfer Update

d09679ab4a0b69838fbc2585633e9664.png

Our signing of Dele Alli allowed us to capitalise on the interest in Badou Ndiaye, who opted for Monaco over Atletico Madrid. Joe Gomez is a quality option at both centre back and right back, and due to the partnership between Lascelles and Maguire I expect him to be our right back to start with at least. Fraser Forster rejoins the club as our 2nd choice keeper; an integral HG at club signing. I had no intention of selling Zaha but the money on offer was silly. His replacement is Felipe Anderson, the modern day Rivaldo :brock:.

We also did our first regen hunting of the save:

35e2ce3f882d71cbb14449fdb6a84491.png

At £17m, Josh Crompton is a costly 16 year old but he looks class and is already good enough to make a first team impact.

2abdbbdd53e1eafad7ebeadfca0219ed.png

Leroy already has Eredivisie experience after a loan to Heerenveen and was a steal at £4m. He's the perfect understudy to Lascelles in the only out and out defensive position in the side. 

Related image

2020/21 Mid-Season Update

Premier League

889c3fa89f83ce2d1643b35887d7167e.png

bb18f7c08248806b12f9969f11759eac.png

We're leading the title race as it stands, but Guardiola's Liverpool and Mourinho's Utd have games in hand, and Zidane's City are looking strong this season. I can see this one going to the wire!

Champions League

6929c029f596cef16093fae2eaa9378f.png

e3fbc676ce725e11320042747218b2f8.png

We finished 2nd in our group behind our bogey side Shakhtar and now we've got a tough knockout against PSG.

Player Stats

d8480d23f79dc8406a99e0d958f533b9.png

New star signings Alli and Anderson have settled straight into the side and performing wonderfully, whilst both strikers are banging in goals! Only slight worry is the form of Diogo Jota, who's done well but nowhere near the heights of last season.

9f6b09c6c5509426ce35852c70eb46f2.png

1785518155d6c471c106c86c1c308960.png

f31b7be21881a9f4a983be3655605485.png

Lukaku becomes our new Shearer!!! He was transfer listed by request after falling down the pecking order at Utd, having to make do as an impact sub. Let's hope this one comes back to bite Mourinho :brock:

003e1e8a8cf4517239960fa489328276.png

With Lukaku coming in, it didn't make sense to stall Nketiah's development by leaving him on the bench. He's off to Chelsea to show what he's made of!

Related image

March 2021 Update

2a94703d539c5eefe2cfbb265d39a58f.png

84dbb61d081abf204ff54205e39982d0.png

With 10 games left it's still a 4 horse race as well as Chelsea with an outside chance. We're out of the FA Cup to bogey side Leicester, but an excellent 5-2 victory vs PSG, where we were 2-0 down early on, leaves us with a good chance of progression in the CL.

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Massive congrats on the title. Inspiring attacking football. 

Where to improve though? Centre back maybe? 

Cheers, I've thoroughly enjoyed it!

Yes I was thinking either centre back, or move Gomez to first choice CB and bring in a top class attacking FB. I like Maguire, but he's caught out against pacey forward lines and when you've often only got your two CB back it can result in a lot of goals/mistakes. Butland is getting interest left right and centre, so I'm contemplating letting him go and bringing in a true sweeper keeper.

10 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

What a loyalty bonus! & 110k clean sheet bonus :lol: not with your attacking philosophy! 

The clean sheet is a very devious or dare I say fraudulent negotiation tactic by the manager.  But wow,  these contracts are enormous. 

22 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Building a true super team there.  Surely Champions League beckons now :)

Fingers crossed!

22 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

What a loyalty bonus! & 110k clean sheet bonus :lol: not with your attacking philosophy! 

I hadn't even noticed the extortionate loyalty bonus :eek:. Yeah, we won't get many clean sheets so may as well reward the enforcers when they manage it ;)

12 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Great work 

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

The clean sheet is a very devious or dare I say fraudulent negotiation tactic by the manager.  But wow,  these contracts are enormous. 

They are enormous, but this is PL post 2020 :(. Many players I won't touch as they're on £250k plus at their clubs! Keegan is no fraud :herman: but its a nice reward for keeping a clean sheet. If Stones can defend on his own then the other 10 can focus on attacking :p 

de181584c05827f283641229e01c0fcb.png

Butland wanted to leave for Liverpool and the money on offer was good enough to accept. 3 seasons with us, would have been ever-present every PL game except in our last game I decided to give Forster his Newcastle PL debut!

Archived