[Suggestion] Retire Squad Numbers

zlatanera

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, my browser seems to hate the forums' search function.

I think it would be a good addition to the game to have the option to retire squad numbers, but with reasonably strict limitations, for example:

- Only have it available in leagues where its a real tradition such as Serie A, for example if there's a league where the only retirements are for players dying prematurely, then don't have the option for that league given players can't die in FM

- Only for club legends

- Doesn't count if you've constantly changed their squad number as some of us like to do (this is probably why Manchester United never retired a number from the '68 European CUp winners' generation, for example, as most of the popular players were attackers whose number was more prone to changing than defenders, whilst Bobby Moore at West Ham could have such an association with No. 6)

- Either have it completely out of your control, which seems realistic to me, or have it as something the board comes to you with, with a press conference after explaining your choice whether you go yes / no.

• 3 months later...

Archived