Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ross101

Proposed new UEFA 3rd club competition

Hey,

Lots of talk about a 3rd UEFA club competition being approved for 2021/22 and lots of discussion about the potential format of this competition...

My thoughts are this will simply be another parachute competition with every club eliminated from the Europa League Qualifying rounds entering this new competition...

This would include the likes of Burnley, Braga, Basel, Feyenoord, Atalanta, Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest if played this year.

There would be 156 clubs involved if this year is anything to go by so it will need a prelim round where teams eliminated at Q1 & Q2 stage would play to reduce it to 128 clubs for a 1st round starting on same week as the CL & EL group match 1...

From there a straight knock out tournament will ensue until a winner is crowned in late May with the winner possibly afforded a bye to the CL Play-off round OR EL group stage berth as an incentive...

My question is how can I create this model using the EDITOR tool?

Cheers

Sadly, it's just not possible or feasible to recreate in the current version.

The way you would get this done is to make use of the currently existing continental rules and the rules for the Europa League to get the teams.  Sadly, these are either hardcoded or not entirely softcoded with FM18.  In fact, this hasn't been possible since the competition editor was made available despite requests in the past by then prominent editors in the community.

You could recreate the entire continental system but you'd lose coefficients and it would be an incredibly tedious task and likely resulting in a poorer gameplay experience.  You could also use one of the options in the Advanced Rules to replace the rules built into the game but keep the rules that you don't change, however you would have to build the Continental file by scratch which would likely take hundreds of hours of trial and error with no guarantee of success whatsoever.  It's why requests were made to include the file in the game so you had a base to start on.

There was a request in an editor wishlist which is "The ability to make "qualification system" with working coefficients for new added competitions. I know coefficients system is hardcoded but im sure this can be done. Now we can change Champions and Europa league but we cant add more than 54 nations or change qualification system." So maybe this may be possible with FM19 or FM20.

3 hours ago, magicmastermind124 said:

There was a request in an editor wishlist which is "The ability to make "qualification system" with working coefficients for new added competitions. I know coefficients system is hardcoded but im sure this can be done. Now we can change Champions and Europa league but we cant add more than 54 nations or change qualification system." So maybe this may be possible with FM19 or FM20.

this is my request but sadly its on 5th place so i dont think SI will change anything.

Thanks magic mastermind. 

Maybe not the answer I was looking for but a great explanation none the less.

disappointing a solution can’t be found but can’t have everything I suppose.