Sports Interactive Community

Please help!

When I try to load my football manager 2018 it just stays on the same screen with music playing in the background (as seen in picture) 

ive contacted support and done everything they said and nothing has worked at all! 

Please someone suggest soemthing!!!

IMG_3329.PNG

just an update, I tried screenshotting whilst the screen was staying like that and this is what it was!

The game is clearly working but it literally stays on the screen at the start of the thread!!!

I need help

20180913221312_2.jpg

20180913221324_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Danpeake27 said:

20180913221324_1.jpg

To confirm so you can see this above screen? Then you should be able to start the game after clicking on the Confirm button on the pop up message. 

Or are you saying you are stuck on this above screen?

Also, can you attach your dxdiag, please : https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Let us know, Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

To confirm so you can see this above screen? Then you should be able to start the game after clicking on the Confirm button on the pop up message. 

Or are you saying you are stuck on this above screen?

Also, can you attach your dxdiag, please : https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Let us know, Thanks.

No that's what the screenshot showed. All I can see is the 'football manager 2018' screen 

On 14/09/2018 at 08:30, Danpeake27 said:
On 14/09/2018 at 08:03, FrazT said:

And the antivirus?

Yes, I literally reset my whole computer as well 

Could you confirm that your answer means you have anti-virus or not, please?

If you have reset your computer, could you check that both of your graphics cards are up-to-date, please? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Wong said:

Could you confirm that your answer means you have anti-virus or not, please?

If you have reset your computer, could you check that both of your graphics cards are up-to-date, please? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

Yeah I tried disabling all my anti virus (mcafee) and I have updated graphics cards yeah 

Please delete your cachepreferences and then verify cache. Once you’ve completed all those steps above in the order listed, please then try relaunching the game (still without any added Workshop or custom files) and see if it now processes past the loading screen.

Yeah I've done that and still the same problem. 

As I've said though, when I screenshot and then view the screenshot it shows the game as being normal.

im a tad confused 

If you're still struggling do as follows:

First of all, right-click on your desktop and select 'New' -> 'Folder'

Create a folder and name it something to distinguish it (say SI backup)

Once you've done this go to your Sports Interactive folder found within 'documents' which by default is at the following location - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018

This should contain folders like 'games', 'crash dumps' etc. Please cut every folder from here and paste them into the folder you've created on your desktop.

Once you've done this and the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018 folder is now empty, launch the game. If it works, copy back the files from the desktop folder and hopefully it should now load without any issues.

If you this still doesn't work, please attach your Belarc for us to check, thanks.

Apologies but your Belarc wasn't attached to your email - can you please try again? Thanks. 

To confirm, did you try turning on Windows Defender at any point, then completely uninstalling McAfee (as it has been known to interfere even when disabled) then try uninstalling and reinstalling FM?

If not, please do so.

Also if you're trying to run any add-ons with the game (say graphics/logos/skins/editor data etc) please make sure to remove it for the time-being.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

To confirm, did you try turning on Windows Defender at any point, then completely uninstalling McAfee (as it has been known to interfere even when disabled) then try uninstalling and reinstalling FM?

If not, please do so.

Also if you're trying to run any add-ons with the game (say graphics/logos/skins/editor data etc) please make sure to remove it for the time-being.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

still nothing :(

Sorry to hear that. If you try creating a new Windows Account user on your system and log into that, once you sign back into Steam does the game work via this new Windows account? Sometimes permissions can become corrupted on Windows accounts which cause issues similar to the one you're seeing.

Again let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to hear that. If you try creating a new Windows Account user on your system and log into that, once you sign back into Steam does the game work via this new Windows account? Sometimes permissions can become corrupted on Windows accounts which cause issues similar to the one you're seeing.

Again let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

No :( is already tried that