For SI, the new generation of football manager 2019 is definitely a matter of life and death.

月光下告白

Let's talk about the game itself. More than a decade ago, players proposed adding personal life elements to the game, and EA's FIFA Football Manager (FIFAM) has even provided a template for SI. In FIFAM, players can get married and have children, work part-time to save money to buy a team, speculate in stocks, buy a car to buy a house, and even choose their own sexual orientation. Although EA eventually disbanded the FIFAM team for a variety of reasons, it still left players with good memories (especially having children and altering their wives'heads). And what has FM series added to personal life over the past decade? I've played every work in the FM series, and I can say with no responsibility. Even the concept of "female manager" will not be officially introduced until FM2009, which means that players can't even be a female manager until 2008. Before "FM2016", players could not even decide what they looked like in the game.

What does this mean? For many players, the biggest charm of the FM series is the word "nurture," but SI only stays in the growth of player data, team strength, and not to dig deeper into the various business elements, let alone the development of managers themselves. Day in and day out, players can't save money to buy a car or a house, get married and have children, participate in overseas marketing, or design their own new stadium. They can only use their subjective initiative and fantasize about their own good life. If they come to the end of the game, players may also meet very pioneers. Random human faces in artistic color

As far as the game itself is concerned, the FM series has always been like a big zoo, with rival forwards being the Bulls, midfielders being the Tigers, guards being the Pythons and goalkeepers being the Octopus, while the core forward of the player's team is always like Tom Cat, and no matter how good the chance is given to him, he can miss it in an amazing way.

Admittedly, overcoming this huge challenge can be fun for the core players, who can disrupt their opponents'positions through on-the-spot adjustments, training deployments, and even a pre-match press conference. The problem, however, is that the core wants players to have a deep understanding of football and to spend time figuring out how the game engine works. For casual players who dominate the game, they want to be proud of the game more than spend thousands of hours figuring out how the people are moving.

All in all, FM2019 is facing a lot of problems, not only to consider increasing the off-court elements, but also to enhance the playfulness. Specifically, since "Football Manager" is the title, FM 2019 should tap into the manager himself and make the player truly feel like a football genius on the field and a life winner off the field, instead of just as it is now, letting the player on the field in front of 22 scraps of paper, in front of the tens of thousands of strong men in the game off the field. In a daze, I don't know which income team to turn.

Finally, FM 2019 could well consider introducing difficulty settings so that both challenging and casual players can find a place. If you don't want to introduce the concept of difficulty, you can at least increase the value of coaching advice so that players who don't have a deep understanding of football, or have limited energy, can have a more intuitive understanding of what they should do. After all, in the real world, successful managers also have a good team of coaches who can provide them with insights.

Generally speaking, as a lover of FM series, I will not mourn my misfortune, but I will only rage against it. SI has barely made any substantive, refreshing changes in the past few years, but rather offended the growing Chinese player community, all of which made me less optimistic about FM 2019. But if SI learns from the disadvantage of FM 2018 and even FM 2017, and improves on the playfulness and attitude, they still have a chance to score the winning goal, just like football itself, even if you're sleepwalking in the first 89 minutes and 59 seconds, but as long as you do it right in that 11 seconds Then you will still get the glory and glory you deserve.

It is hard to understand how a video game can be a matter of life or death, to be honest.

SI's position on off-field activities and controversies has been well documented on the forums and indeed in this sub-forum.  They do not consider it to be part of the game they are developing and there are no plans to change that stance in the immediate future.

Without actually ticking a check-box for difficulty, there are many ways in the game to make it easier or more difficult and it would be a hard task to get that right to satisfy the wide range of how users want to play the game.

I am sure that they will take on board the comments you raised.

42 分钟前, FrazT说:

It is hard to understand how a video game can be a matter of life or death, to be honest.

SI's position on off-field activities and controversies has been well documented on the forums and indeed in this sub-forum.  They do not consider it to be part of the game they are developing and there are no plans to change that stance in the immediate future.

Without actually ticking a check-box for difficulty, there are many ways in the game to make it easier or more difficult and it would be a hard task to get that right to satisfy the wide range of how users want to play the game.

I am sure that they will take on board the comments you raised.

Here are some data: Steam Spy believes that about 200,000 to 500,000 people bought "FM2018", the Steam250 website gives nearly 800,000 data, and Vgchartz even gave 190,000 such a bleak data. The crash is not only reflected in sales, but also in the Steam score. SI's poor performance in dealing with players, as well as problems in the game itself, gave FM2018 a bleak 59% favorable rate. In the official Steam "Maximum players online at the same time" value, "FM2018" is also less than FM13, 14, 15, 16, 17, according to Steam Database statistics, "FM2018" most simultaneous online players The number is 71,575, which is less than 15,000 people than the FM2013 five years ago! It is reasonable to say that the heat brought by the World Cup should have let more fans know the charm of FM, and then increase the sales of FM2018, but the situation is exactly the opposite.

In addition, although after the launch of the new FM, SI will delete all the Steam shop pages of the old FM, but by querying the history, we also found that in addition to the FM2017, which has suffered from the bad reviews, "FM2016" and "FM2015" The favorable rate can be kept above 75%. To add insult to injury, in the final analysis, the predicament encountered in "FM2018" is due to its own shortcomings.

Many Chinese fans of the non-FM series heard about SI this company for the first time because they did not treat Chinese players unfairly. Due to limited space, they will not be detailed here. All in all, in "FM2017", SI, which was badly evaluated, finally decided to release the official Chinese package and outsourced the translation task to Binari Sonori, which not only did not inherit the rigor and professionalism of Italy in football. On the contrary, it is a perfect inheritance of the Italians on the battlefield. In the Beta version of FM2018, the English player Harry Kane became Harry Gargan, the Japanese player Chai Qiyue became Shimazaki Gaiku, Turkey inserted a feather and became a "turkey", Manchester United player horse Under the operation of the company's god, Kos Rojo defeated Liverpool and became the "Marcos Red Army" ("Rojo", the Spanish word "Rojo", literally "red").

To be fair, the translators of this company may be too busy. After all, when the author opened "FM2018" for the last time, most of the mistakes were improved, but the "FM2017" released for more than a year still translated the Turkish It became a "turkey", and somehow, in the latest version of "FM2018", the original "nationality" has become a "hometown", which is really shameful. It should be noted that in the past ten years, the FM series has been basically translated by the Chinese folk Chinese group PlayGM Forum. These players who don't want to spend a penny for free translation are much more professional than the so-called "Italian Localization Company".

If the SI really shows sincerity, then it is time to think about the problem. An English-made football game, invited an Italian company to do a Chinese translation, and then made a mistake in all foreign names. For a game where Steam is still at the top of the list, the money is not earned. It is also insulting to the customer's attitude that it is not worthy of the glorious past of the FM series.

Sl has the potential to do better, isn't it?   Finally forgive my bad English:)

Miles Jacobson reported last week that the 1 millionth copy of FM 18 had just been activated- that is fact, so you can make what you like of the other statistics.

This forum is for requests for new features in future games, so I would suggest that if you have issues with the Chines translation, there are sub-forums of the main FM 18 Bugs forum for you to bring up these issues- they wont get fixed if you dont report them.

33 分钟前, FrazT说:

Miles Jacobson reported last week that the 1 millionth copy of FM 18 had just been activated- that is fact, so you can make what you like of the other statistics.

This forum is for requests for new features in future games, so I would suggest that if you have issues with the Chines translation, there are sub-forums of the main FM 18 Bugs forum for you to bring up these issues- they wont get fixed if you dont report them.

Ok, thank you for reminding :)

2 hours ago, 月光下告白 said:

An English-made football game, invited an Italian company to do a Chinese translation, and then made a mistake in all foreign names.

Yes, I agree. There are too many Chinese translation errors in game. However, it will be better to post it to https://community.sigames.com/topic/411536-chinese-simplified-issues-in-chinese-simplified-translation/.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

if you have issues with the Chines translation, there are sub-forums of the main FM 18 Bugs forum for you to bring up these issues- they wont get fixed if you dont report them.

Many people had reported a few of translation issues but the majority of posts were ignored in Chinese Tanslation Issues Sub-Forum, I think.

26 minutes ago, callme_hd said:

Yes, I agree. There are too many Chinese translation errors in game. However, it will be better to post it to https://community.sigames.com/topic/411536-chinese-simplified-issues-in-chinese-simplified-translation/.

Many people had reported a few of translation issues but the majority of posts were ignored in Chinese Tanslation Issues Sub-Forum, I think.

I had a look in the forum you linked to and there have been a number of acknowledgements from the SI staff, but in truth, there have been few reports

5 hours ago, FrazT said:

I had a look in the forum you linked to and there have been a number of acknowledgements from the SI staff, but in truth, there have been few reports

Yeah, most of Chinese people don't know how to report these bugs. And the quality of Chinese translation has improved a lot since 18.3.3.

• 1 month later...

Archived