Sports Interactive Community
erichoo10

Football Manager 2018 18.3.4f1093959 (update) has stopped working

Purchased thru Steam yesterday, unable to launch, error message as stated.

No 3rd parties logo, facepack and kit added, graphic card up to date, no anti-virus installed.

deleted cache and preference and verified, uninstall and install done, still unable to launch.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

eric

Yes, I did what were stated and still not working.

My PC knowledge is very limited, I followed every possible solution given but the problem still exist.

Appreciate your reply and please be patience with me and guide me thru.

Thanks for your understanding.

eric  

DxDiag.txt

Edited by erichoo10

What does the error message say? Does it generate any crash dump files? If yes can you attach it for us to check, please? - The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\crash dumps 

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

There's no crash dump files generated, when I tried to launch the game the error message "Football Manager 2018 18.3.4f1093959 (update) has stopped working" appeared shortly.

Please let me know if there's any other info you need,

Thank you!  

Can you check if your graphics card is updated to the latest version, please? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

In the meanwhile, if you have antivirus (with the exception of Windows Defender), can uninstall it and then uninstall and reinstall Football Manager 2018 to see if this helps.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Actually we've just noticed your graphics card and unfortunately it fails to meet the minimum specifications to run the game and is not supported.

You may find you can get the game to launch if you try the following instructions, however please bear in mind it's not supported to run the game on this system and you may encounter issues:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: --config very_low
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

We would suggest if you want to play the game, that you would likely need to replace your system. Apologies about that. 

HI Guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

Right now the game is running properly after I disable and enable the graphic driver followed by setting the graphic display to "Low". 

You are right, my PC graphic card is way out of the requirements, therefore to fully enjoy playing it I have decided to get a spare PC.

Thanks for your help!!

eric 

18 hours ago, Mito said:

Football Manager 2018 18.3.4f1093959 (update) has stopped working 

DxDiag.txt 54.31 kB · 7 downloads

Your system is barely capable of running the game- the graphics card driver is 9 years old, so start by updating to the latest driver.  If there is still a problem, have a look through the FAQ thread and see if any of those suggestions help.

help please !! 

2 mounts ago while I saving the game my computer give me bluescreen error. I tried to play again again again but it gave blue screen error again again again. and I sended my notbook to service. they changed my maincard but the error dont solved. I sended again but they did same changed and the bluescreen dont solved. yesterday while I saving the game, Futbol Menajeri 2018 18.3.4f1093959 (update) error came. and again bluescreen.... I Cant solved this problems for 2 mounts. 
my other computer is win7 - intel i3 and amd radeon r5. it works FM 2018 clearly... 

Sorry about my english... Im not so good. Thank you...

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Utku

There is nothing obvious in your dxdiag report but a continual blue screen error would suggest that there is a hardware error- have you tried launching the game in windowed mode?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam