Sports Interactive Community
huibertspeter

Football Manager has stopped working crash

Just a new laptop, with good enough specs, but FM 2018 is unplayable because the game crashes randomly: Football Manager 2018 has stopped working etc.

Already have reinstalled my drivers, I use Windows Defender.

DxDiag.txt

Do you have any crash dump files? The crash dump file can be located at the following default location: C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\crash dumps 

Can you be more specific about the crashes so we have a better idea of what actually happened, please? - When does it crash usually? Does it happened when advancing between dates, during matches, or launching the game etc...? Or even better, can you reproduce the crash? If yes, please upload the save file to FTP , please?

Like FrazT mentioned, If you do have customs graphics/skins/logos/editor, would you try removing them and see if this will resolve the problem as a test, please.

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

I can not find the crash dump. The crashes happen randomly. I played for half an hour and the game crashed firstly while launching the game. Secondly while advancing between dates.

Can you confirm that your graphics card are up-to-date, please? - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

Can you also make sure your Windows are up-to-date, too, please?

Also, does your game only crash with a specific game?

Thanks.

Can you try the following link, if it doesn't work try rolling your Nvidia back to the March version. Here is the link for details - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/136_technical-support/142_pc/game-crashing-after-update-when-using-nvidia-graphics-cards-r613/

Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Please try downloading the March version, and see if this solves the problem. If it does, then upgrade it to the latest version.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks.

If Football Manager 2018 do not crash anymore, you should update the driver back to the latest.

Let us know if it works, thank you.

Okay, Let's uninstall your graphics card and reinstall it first. Please use this link - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

Once you have reinstall, try playing Football Manager 2018 and see if the crash still happen. If it still crashes then following the previous post on rolling back the driver to March.

Let us know how you get on, please. Thanks. 

If you are not having any problem playing Football Manager right now then It shouldn't have any problem by updating to this one either.

Let us know how you get on, thank you.