[FM 18] If You're Not First, You're Last (Re-Redux) - Redemption for the "Nearly Men" of Europe

ManUtd1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Image result for world cup trophy

USA 2026; World Cup -- Semifinals

Mendoza returns to the XI, after his suspension.  Alvarado joins him, as Lozano was looking a bit tired.  We will aim to hit Brazil on the counter -- the same fundamental gameplan that we executed so well against Spain, and Mendoza will be critical to our success.

Now, I have to ask...am I the only one confused by Brazil fielding a goalkeeper by the name of Diego Maradona?!  Maybe it's the "Boy Named Sue" theory, in action...?  Neymar doesn't look confused, up in an executive suite with his sister...maybe I'll send Drake up there to give him a kicking.  Geebus knows he deserves it.

The early stages are cagey, neither side wanting to give up the first goal.  And in the 24th, it's first blood to Mexico as Alvarado plays it short to Montes on the top of the box, who swings it to Vidal (who else?), who buries one past Maradona in the Brazilian net.  (See, doesn't it feel strange hearing that?!)  One-nil.

Brazil nearly draw level in the 26th after Tuti skins Abundis (leading to a raunchy quip from Drake, best forgotten), whipping a cross to Petroni who heads off the bar...we clear and head back the other way, with Alvarado heading just over from close range.  While we reach halftime, this match certainly has more goals left in it.

There's less than 30 minutes to play when the first chance of the 2nd half arrives, Vinicius Jr. sending the ball into Row Z.  Quintanilla, Reyes and Vidal are coming off, tired legs.

Brazil continue to exert control, the pressure building...until we release it gloriously, with Alvarado cutting into the box to center for Hirving Lozano, cutting through to head it home.  2-nil, and we're 20 minutes from the final.

With 10 minutes to play, Drake can be found in the technical area, gesturing inappropriately at Neymar (and his sister), leaving nothing to the imagination in terms of his implications...before giving an impromptu karate display.  The crowd loves it.  He's basking in the glow.  We're nearly there...

...when the 4th official holds up a board announcing 3 minutes of extra time, Drake loses his mind and physically assaults the him.  He's pulled off by riot police, but no one on the pitch notices.  All 22 players are focused.  I'm not even sure that the cameras caught it, so tense is the action on the pitch.

But the whistle finally sounds.  We've done it.  We're through to face Tab Ramos' Gringoland in the final...in the belly of the beast.  Although, seeing as how the match is here in Los Angeles, it might as well be a home match for us.

a94749b63818d5598b3a041e0fd920a2.png

b1b3fb499d87979cff3abb1492cb7e44.jpg d62cf3193858e0c1a08daed7b9b0a0fc.jpg 63cd57697f7178782d415b07b699a1f4.jpg 57d29f53f831056deec40cfd7a9ba788.jpg 9aa56f74cee084009c6a5bee3b0f9647.jpg 4d28ba15848a07ec0a474c718f70a067.jpg 27dc94ff25b78fcb591edb34c6171df5.jpg d8048df094aebcd673c1a53e8e64678f.jpg c29533703f0fb8514927b55370645342.jpg 553a6fcb3c9be6852ac8e56945b98105.jpg

de80099538735c967e41c385a7c55400.png 1a37ec54437e8bd2f31b4a786a392daa.png

This has been brewing all summer.  Figueroa is off to the Big Smoke.  It's a massive shame to lose Sebastian, but we've got the depth to cover his departure.  And this move will fund our search for youth players elsewhere.

df5c50e6a9134028ae3d2f8890977f37.png 

Ok, after much delay due to non-FM obligations...let's play a World Cup final, shall we?!  No live blogging, not enough time.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095baac5694249475655

Image result for world cup trophy

USA 2026; World Cup -- Final

It's been nearly 10 years since Gringoland has beaten Mexico.  7 matches -- 5 wins, 2 draws.  We can't let it happen tonight, lads.  Not here.  Not now.

Drake is wearing a Tab Ramos wig, a hat pulled low, and glasses, carrying the credentials of one of our physios.  He looks absurd.  But there's a warrant out for his arrest for assaulting the 4th official during the semifinal, so if this allows him to be present on the bench, well...I'm not going to complain.  And, to be fair, it is just a FIFA warrant, given their well-documented refusal to allow local law enforcement jurisdiction over "their" tournament.  I figure we're good if we can get out of LA without them figuring it out.  FIFA-scheemfa.

On the other side of the pitch, the gringos line up, led by Cristian "SoccerBall Jeebus" Pulisic, Jack "I'm not English" Harrison, and Jonathan "Do You Know My Daddy?" Klinsmann.  And to think some have claimed I'm not giving our opponents proper credit...

Our pre-game speech was simple.  I had it all planned out, but then Drake lost his mind, smashing whiteboards and flinging tactical magnets around the room.  The players don't understand a word, but they got the message: win.  I figured nothing else needed to be said.  Tactically, I hope they've got it sorted out...Garza starts, but won't last much beyond halftime.

We keep things tight in the early stages, with Garza delivering a dangerous cross that Alvarado couldn't quite finish. And in the 28th minutes, we find an opening, Abundis playing Mendoza into the box, who centers for Vidal...1-nil.  The noise is deafening, as the "home" support sit quietly on their hands...

Not two minutes later, Clayton loses his mind and goes in two-footed on Abundis...Drake is beside himself with rage, spitting invective at the 4th official...I have other staff restrain him with duct tape, and wait for the verdict...AND HE'S OFF!!!  THE GRINGO SCUM ARE DOWN TO 10 MEN!!!

Pulisic tries to hipster-magic his way to a goal, whacking in a corner...but we counter at pace, with Mendoza again finding Vidal in the box.  2-nil.  You can see the moment when little Cristian's heart breaks, and it is a beautiful sight.  Drake is frothing at the mouth, duct-taped to the bench, kicking his feet like a madman.  There's no way we'll let him go now...  The Federacion's chairman promises to calm him down with some 'sugar' at halftime...and for the next few minutes I can't get The Archies out of my head...

...and as a result my focus slips, as the lads have a jovial, relaxed halftime.  I should have broken something.  We start slow, and the gringos grab a goal from nothing.  Munoz crossing for Collins to finish.  We need to regain our focus.  Where is Drake when you need him?!

While the staff search for Drake, Jonathan Gonzalez -- the man who rejected Gringoland all those years ago, to play for Mexico -- is coming on to replace the tiring Salas.  Lozano is on for Garza.

The good news is that Drake has been found...dancing maniacally in the hallway with the Federacion's board to Mana's cover of "El Rey."  After a few minutes they got him back to the sideline, where he's urging the lads forward...under the watchful eye of a suspicious FIFA official.  Because the bad news is that, with 15 minutes to play, we have yet to finish the arrogant gringos off.

And our complacency continues...we are finding chances, but not punishing the gringos.  Yet, the referee mercifully blows the whistle...putting all and sundry out of their misery.  It was far from pretty, probably our worst display of the tournament, and I hear the pundits are already slaying us for our tactical cowardice, and failing to relentlessly attack the 10-man gringos.

But forget them.  Drake says there's more sugar on the bus.

a9034e1652db0c76bcc8589c8dacba57.png a09b3e21040e77cc8ef3680c985bc623.jpg 9949d618491a519c78620ba870a4668a.jpg 90dc78eabf8e91e1ae0b46381c8576e5.jpg 354f2cbc8b8b07b4a260033a7c8ef6bc.jpg baba695236e8b4627c33e0e9822cdc50.jpg 11df2edfc176229067e0637f2abd13a1.jpg 51d7772eb96d2862f2b8adf0a846463c.jpg 6cfea1e8ea61d74b08f8c66101e2d2fd.jpg d80bcce848901863f54e6762cf653d1b.jpg 848e033de2974ea326cdd77fbd45bd0c.jpg ab84d0a52446fcfd8dfc067261b13ab8.jpg 93216f78443d16ad347b07126a30c91b.jpg

1235a60979e76421a8b464c378f0900b.jpg

7d5ba891d550137ac479b242ac555340.png c76067d9f079e975e962aa7b3d7b6935.png

f3b4b83c7af6dec3b09e3380e8abb87c.png

I wake to the unpleasant sensation of a friendly dog licking my face.  Once I wipe my eyes clear, it seems that I'm sitting -- fully clothed -- in the hotel hot tub, surrounded by dozens of equally exhausted revellers.  

I stumble through the early morning light, to find Drake, his fake moustache half-hanging off of his face, dancing enthusiastically with some Latina supermodels.

"John...what...what day is it?"

"Dunno, Boss.  Don't care."

"It...uhh...looks like we had quite a party."

"Yeah, Boss.  Once you made your big announcement, you see, the Federacion decided we had to go out with a bang."

"Announcement?"

"Oh, yeah.  You climbed up on the roof, all crazy-like.  We were really worried about what you were going to do."

"On the...wait, the roof?"

"Don't worry, Boss, you didn't jump or anything."

Small comfort, that.

"At least, not then, Boss.  You were ranting about being a golden god of some kind, Quetzal-coatl...dunno, something that the gringos wouldn't like.  But then you got really fixated on going back to Serbia, Boss."

"Is that when I jumped...?"

"No, Boss, you jumped after you resigned."

"I...resigned?"

"Yeah, Boss.  You were talking madness after all the sugar, out of your mind, like.  It was one heck of a party."

"Apparently.  I hadn't planned on...you know.  Resigning."

"Like they say in Mexico, Boss, 'say-la-vee.'"

5e69b2acf10e5ee84e90cde256c3c637.png 

And with that, Jean is on the board!  Although, by this time Hakan had won the World Cup with Sweden and the Champions League with Malmo (and was a mere 2 years away from winning it again with Fiorentina...).

The updated tracker looks like this:

dfcd90a49d54d29399aa9070024dceec.png 

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Congratulations on the world cup win. 

Thanks, man!

3 hours ago, Rikulec said:

:applause:

:brock:

3 hours ago, rodesire said:

Beautifully controlled World Cup, nice rotations and it all worked out in the end :applause:

Yeah, the favorable schedule stretched matches out as much as possible, so I didn't have to rotate more. And Mendoza's red have him a rest, too :lol:it

32 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Well done on the World Cup win. Are you going to go the Portugal seeing as how it is eligible? 

I ended up putting my name in the mix, but they hired Paulo Fonseca. Hard to blame them for that, really :rolleyes:

Why is it always in your saves that the most mental **** happens? That World Cup final, wow.

Congrats! And I know your character is French... I mean Hungarian, but don't you feel a bit of a traitor helping Mexico beat the US to a World Cup on US soil? :D 

I bet your next job is exactly the US national team manager, eligible now. ;) 

29 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Why is it always in your saves that the most mental **** happens? That World Cup final, wow.

Congrats! And I know your character is French... I mean Hungarian, but don't you feel a bit of a traitor helping Mexico beat the US to a World Cup on US soil? :D 

I bet your next job is exactly the US national team manager, eligible now. ;) 

No traitor, no traitor! You're the traitor!

This was beautiful madness, no doubt.  A great World Cup on so many levels, Jamaica eliminating England, New Zealand nearly advancing, etc.  And to answer the question... No. It was good fun, and in the end opens up the possibility of managing the USA. Win win!

The narrative possibilities of going to the USA are so tasty... I wanted Portugal because of their obvious potential,  but it wasn't to be. Stupid, sexy Paulo...

4800468.gif

RNGeebus is an angry, vengeful God...  Pep Guardiola's Chelsea, Diego Simeone's Bayern and Philip Cocu's Porto?  Slightly better than last year's draw, I guess.  We're aiming for a 3rd-place finish ahead of the Portuguese.

87a0f565caaa2e7df8df25d23d54943c.png 

Diego, Diego, Diego...have I not warned you?!  I will counterattack you.  All day long, brother.

After a knock-down, drag-out 4-2 win over Porto at home, we're sitting on 6 points at the top of the Group. 

Next up?  Chelsea in London.  Drake is already planning to bug Pep's suite on the return trip to Belgrade several weeks later, no matter how much I try to dissuade him...it's all the "sugar."  He thinks he'll never get caught, but is getting reckless.

fb2570f3375583d02ce62e0fd8e3924f.jpg 2117f52d0e52043bbaa0493c72c61a99.jpg 

Edited by ManUtd1

61b3c99f146e254627aa3d74e136f63c.jpg 

Somewhere around the 68th minute, when Pavard fired home Chelsea's 6th of the night from distance, I began to question the wisdom of those who doubt Pep and his Baldness.

Drake is in the fetal position beneath his comfy, padded chair on the sideline, mumbling incoherently to himself.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095babfa3630424d6e63 

As the final whistle blows, a cold rage washes over me.  Pep is celebrating as if they've just won the World Cup, forgetting we were even there and declining to share a customary handshake.  What an utter thunderc***.

They travel to Belgrade in two weeks' time.  We'll be ready.  

As I cajole Drake to come out from underneath his seat, I make him a solemn promise.  "Never again, brother.  We'll get this bald fraud if it's the last thing we do."

My words have their desired effect, as the weeping stops.

"You mean it, Boss?!  We'll get him for what he's done?"

I nod, keeping my eyes locked with his.

"We'll do it...whatever it takes?"

"Whatever it takes.  I have some ideas in that regard..."

6f1b10c91756014f98c4bcc96ce44fc3.jpg 

This is karma for years of dissing our Holy Good of Football Pep. But hey, you still got one more World Cup than him! ;)

On a serious note, perhaps time to review that match and figure out why things went wrong tacically against his 4-3-3 in particular?

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

This is karma for years of dissing our Holy Good of Football Pep. But hey, you still got one more World Cup than him! ;)

On a serious note, perhaps time to review that match and figure out why things went wrong tacically against his 4-3-3 in particular?

First time we've bombed like that, even against really superior opposition, so I'm taking it as a one-off for now.  (That, or as you suggest karmic retribution for countless jokes at his expense...) 

If I see anything approaching a trend we'll adjust.

With 2 weeks' advance notice and my assistance, we're ready for Pep.  We've bugged his room -- audio and video, and have arranged for Stana and friends to visit Pep the Bald.  

Yeah, it isn't "new," as this is basically the stunt Drake pulled with Mourinho...but this time we want to release it publicly.  Shame Pep into resigning.  Ruin his career.  

But the girls said he wasn't even the slightest bit interested.  Nothing they could do, they said.

So we set to watching the camera feeds...all 7 of them.  Meaning we got a full-frontal view of Pep's auto-erotic asphyxiation while watching old tapes of the 1974 Dutch national team, the night before our match.

There are things you can't unsee.  Or turn away from.

This is one of them. 

I didn't sleep a wink last night.

First thing this morning I swore Drake to secrecy and demanded that he destroy the tapes.  He agreed without a word, looking past me with a thousand-yard stare.

Our plan has backfired spectacularly.

A much better showing tonight, as we had them on the ropes.  With more clinical finishing, we'd have won.  So we leave frustrated.

But at least Pep came to shake my hand after the match this time -- he knows they stole the points tonight, and were in a fierce match.

Having seen the camera feed from last night, though, I couldn't shake his hand or meet his eye...I knew what he'd done.  Where that hand had been. 

So now the media is freaking out at my having insulted His Holiness, Pep the Bald...which strikes me as a tad unfair, given that he snubbed me 2 weeks ago and they said not a word.  And the fact that I can't bleach my brain, and will never be able to unsee what I saw last night. 

b362b83b4eb223738d942fceba2f11a6.jpg 

A massive night in Portugal guarantees our progression to the knockout rounds of the Europa Leauge, and if we can perform in 2 weeks time against Bayern in Belgrade, we could even claim the Group title.  

If only Ze Germans' early lead against Pep the Bald had held...we'd have been through to the Champions League knockout round with Simeone's side, seeing Pep and his w*nkstain of a club relegated to the Europa...but Chelsea are through.  The only question being whether we're joining them in the next round, or Bayern will be.

Whatever happens, we need to be sure that the next time we face Pep, we're ready and show him we mean business.

947552d4118ff21ed67c7024256b68cb.jpg a81909f77854fecd0d9506790c51f01a.jpg 

9 hours ago, noikeee said:

so much this. Always a good day when a Pep hater gets punished. 

This is what it all boils down to.  Matchday 6.  We're 2 points clear of Ze Germans, hosting them in Belgrade.

As the whistle blows for kickoff, I shake Simeone's hand.  He looks nervous...so on the spur of the moment I decided to **** with him.  I held his handshake much longer than socially acceptable, looking deep into his eyes and, as he moved to pull away, dragged my middle finger across his palm.

I'll never forget the look of sheer confusion mixed with horror, splashed across his face.

90 minutes lads, let's do this.

At the final whistle, Simeone takes one look at me and heads straight for the tunnel.  

It wasn't pretty, but a scoreless draw ensures our progression to the knockout rounds at Ze Germans' expense.  Mission accomplished.

b4329b111dbae2356b540aa9bebf6717.jpg 

Now, I had been frightened on several different occasions in my life. The most frightening of these involved an elevator and a mime.

Partizan.thumb.png.f9abdd31f30567ed5cd4fef82504dd59.png

FK Partizan Beograd -- December 2026

To say that we're pleased would be the understatement of the year.  The euphoria has yet to fade from last night's match against Bayern, and we haven't slept a wink.

Domestically, we're untouchable.  And now we've taken the a major step towards our next goal -- bringing the Champions League trophy to Belgrade, where it belongs.  Not that we can say that publicly, we'd be mercilessly mocked.  But the lads know what we're aiming for.  We just need time and a little luck.

We'll know our fate soon enough, as the draw for the knockout rounds is imminent.  There's a veritable murderers' row of sides aligned against us...but we're no easy meat.  And the likes of Genk are joining us to prove that the so-called "big" sides shouldn't take anything for granted.

0f501ade47b020d63a86f10227c05a14.png

f51ac30fd3d0e3dfeb4f3001b2ae4b23.png

df4ab7f13ed5a22bac8adc1234b36c9e.png 8c6b80c989b115fe98dd178da7007e33.png

2nd signing of the window, another 1st XI player -- Frantisek Hanus, a long-term target whose contract was expiring.  Agreed to a Bosman, then activated a "buy now" option for $200k.

We're building for Europe.  The goalkeeper I want from Hammarby is being difficult, though...will need to spend some time talking him up in the press, scouting him, etc.

aa82cf67990e3582a2a0689e3a643e3c.png 

Personally, I say, "Out of the frying pan and into the deadly pit filled with sharks who are wielding chainsaws with killer kittens stapled to them."

FK Partizan Beograd -- March 2027

The night is here before we can blink...West Ham, in Belgrade.  First leg.  Knowing that this is our opportunity to stake a claim in the match and seeing Howe's side line up in a defensive 532, we look to strike first blood.  At the half, we've had the possession and bulk of the chances, but it remains a stalemate.

The first clear chance of the tie falls to West Ham, in the 50th minute...only for Stankovic to come up with a massive save at point blank range.  It's still on, lads.  We just need to find one...but after controlling the flow of play for more than 50 minutes, West Ham's quality begins to show.  They're getting chances, and controlling...can our substitutions affect the balance of the match?  The last few minutes see a flurry of chances for both sides, but neither can finish.  We'll head to London, needing an away goal or penalties to progress.  But we should be proud -- it was a composed, valiant display.

In the Big Smoke, we set out to counterattack.  Kean seems to be nursing a knock, but starts up top for the Hammers.  We start strong and get 2 good looks at goal, but Caminho fires home off of a free kick in the 14th minute to put West Ham ahead.  Now we need to score.  But we won't chase the game just yet, there's way too much time left.  Dickson forces a brilliant save from Pickford in the 30th...by all rights we should be level.  Ciric finds himself with a half-step in the 41st...off the post.  So close...  At the half, we're holding our own.  But that's not good enough.  Disaster in the 50th as West Ham find their 2nd through Lake-Coney...Stankovic should have done better.  Now, we have to push forward.  And are immediately exposed by Kaue, who slots home from near range.  But, no!  Called back for offsides.  We're not dead yet.

Pickford denies Milanovic off a corner, on his line.  Again, the margins are thin.  Moments later, Pickford denies Ansah from close range, albeit at a tight angle.  If we can find a goal, we're in this match.  25 plus stoppage time remain...in the 75th West Ham find the crossbar.  Truly a game of inches...

In the 78th, our salvation, as Cvejic lays in Dickson, who finds the bottom corner.  2-1.  A single goal, and we're through.  Pickford with another immense save in the 82nd minute...  We're running out of time.  And in the end, we cannot find a way through.  An epic battle.  One that leaves us disappointed, thirsty for more.

511c6a082711b4afec980e8af3e08dc5.jpg 5c632e9dde3e3e7c816e9c016fc3ae69.jpg

129b8a55ba964048b7b8a47977b69d3e.png

The world has long ceased to be the author of your anguish.

FK Partizan Beograd -- 2026/27 Season Review

Domestic dominance?  Utter and complete.  Not a single loss on the year, only 4 points dropped in the Super Liga.  126 goals scored in the league, with only 12 against.  35 points clear of **** Star.

The next step will, necessarily, be the hardest.  The Champions League.  We've begun to dream.  To hope.  Although Drake wasn't particularly pleased, we turned down offers to interview with Manchester City and Bayern Munich.  We're staying in Serbia, until the Champions League is ours.

To reinforce the side, I've signed Milan Vodicka from Sparta for $7.75M.  A massive expenditure for a club in Serbia, but he's going to step into the squad immediately, the only question whether he'll feature with the 1st or 2nd XI, and whether he'll replace Stankovic or Hut. Together with winter signings Hanus and Echesuri, our backline has been fortified and should continue to improve.  We're not there yet, but on the whole we only lost 3 matches in all competitions last year -- twice to that bald ****, Pep, and once to the ****s at West Ham.  We're not that far off competing at that level, not far at all.

Goals for 2027/28: Extend our domestic unbeaten streak.  Make a run in the Champions League knockout rounds.

Squad|League Overview|Finances Overview|Income Detail|Expenditures Detail|Transfers

Super Liga Fixtures (Prelim. Phase)|Super Liga Fixtures (Final Phase)|Kup Srbije Fixtures|Champions League Fixtures

Champions League Review

Karma balance has been restored to the universe after @kidthekid's taunts, with Mourinho's Manchester United claiming the Champions League with a 2-nil win over Pep's Chelsea.  United dominated possession, so Pep cannot even claim the moral high ground...

Elsewhere...Genk, Leverkusen, Celta and Leipzig all made an appearance in the knockout rounds, only to be eliminated at the first hurdle.

972c16ef0a030c2715c492628e3217b6.png d0dc9ae78a77a1447fd8f921f76c71ae.png

9df4c42b50223053d293209c15c9bac0.png

Challenge Overview

ec58673d3424f60fc7d6059ac908e1cc.png

c4dec9897863b0eaf1bece2dd8fd9e17.png

Edited by ManUtd1

Time for the annual glance around Europe...this year, at least we have some interesting things going on!

United reclaimed their title (take that, Pep!).  Monaco de-throned PSG.  Olympiakos won a narrow race at the top in Greece, while Panathinaikos were relegated again, meaning that the challenge in taking them to the top is likely to be a big one, as their reputation/finances take long-term, significant knocks.  Dortmund knocked Leipzig off the top, with the Easterners performing way off the pace in the Bundesliga, despite their exploits in the CL.  Genk.  Real Madrid.  Inter.  Hammarby continue to sit at the top in Sweden, while Malmo currently sit 11th in the table...no bueno, guys.

1a077cbae12a06db02cbccdca3fdd105.jpg 6ee70c92151ae0b19e4349eb7091de8d.png 0a8c0dc05876b374d5b0d038e3337b97.png e58841d49f5745df504fb91b4302ace2.png 5a3326f4e69c16e8fe01fa7c5deb1f99.png a107313bafdc1b2e677f06900789cd30.png 4675e2c09e4a5844af1de7af8bfe6f82.png 06ac6a751267fbffe50636699d751633.png 

In the Europa League, Ancelotti's Dortmund smashed Jesus' Liverpool 5-2 in the final.

a5a02d312ae179427488ad5f02fb5725.png dce2f808c72036c218d3851538e8d28d.png 

Summer transfer business is in full swing...2 moves out to make a tidy profit, youth promoting into the XI.

In the end, Emircan Hut went to Leeds for $11M, plus add-ons, so Vodicka will compete with Stankovic for a spot in the 1st XI.

301fb1112f59d1492cd4c292d604041d.png

Bozo Jovic will move into the 1st XI this year, as the carrilero -- he's developed quite nicely and will take us up a notch.  Stamenkovic drops to the 2nd XI.

b4f205258ead5dc16a9214844a76f352.png 

PSG also went crazy for Seth Dickson, so I accepted -- $44M, plus add-ons.  While I normally would not have sold him, this will allow Cvejic to move into the 1st XI and continue to grow, with Antic coming into the 2nd XI (after spending the first half of 2026/27 filling in for my 2nd XI, and second half on loan at Spartak.

ea6b6ff1391900711d512d4db9e339de.png 5ebadf531cc5ad11107b85e6355cd130.png 380a5e1f33add0780ff06e8c62071fd9.png 

Amazing progress with Partizan. This sort of long-term progression is why they were my favorite club of yours last year, and it's looking like it'll be the same here. I do have one problem, though...

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ancelotti's Dortmund

Image result for screams internally

6 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Karma balance has been restored to the universe after @kidthekid's taunts, with Mourinho's Manchester United claiming the Champions League with a 2-nil win over Pep's Chelsea.  United dominated possession, so Pep cannot even claim the moral high ground.

Good result for football that

7 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Amazing progress with Partizan. This sort of long-term progression is why they were my favorite club of yours last year, and it's looking like it'll be the same here. I do have one problem, though...

source.gif

5 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Good result for football that

Football is saved.

11 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

But the real question is: Has a nation been frauded?

I think Mexico felt frauded to discover their manager was a French felon instead of a Hungarian hipster, but they're not complaining.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bafd440774e50616b

I am sick and tired of being a 4th seed...this year, we were the top 4th seed.  I'm just happy to have avoided Group H.  Genk is a great draw...West Ham should go through, and Schalke isn't bad, but if we can get results against the Smurfs we'll be in good shape.

2f380145e68814be730eaee13891186a.png 

8 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I am sick and tired of being a 4th seed...this year, we were the top 4th seed.  I'm just happy to have avoided Group H.  Genk is a great draw...West Ham should go through, and Schalke isn't bad, but if we can get results against the Smurfs we'll be in good shape.

As a fraud to fraud, drop down to Europa League group stages for a season.  Collect 6 easy wins and then rampage through knockouts for all the free coefficient.