Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
coxy100

No biography?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys

playing Fifa 18 for the first time since December.  I have a player who has a blank biography.  It just says “this player does not have a biography yet”.  Is that a bug or is that normal?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIFA 18? Are you sure that's what you're playing? ;)

How old is the player and how many appearances have they made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha sorry yes football manager :)  

 

yes its it’s a custom database - it has all of the recent transfers (downloaded from Steam) and I also edited this particular players PA (increased it)

the player is Trent Alexander Arnold at Liverpool - he had 7 appearances in the last season history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have edited the player in question, it seems likely that this may be the cause of the missing biography.  I suspect that it would be best for you just to live with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrazT said:

If you have edited the player in question, it seems likely that this may be the cause of the missing biography.  I suspect that it would be best for you just to live with it.

I edited quite a few players though (always do their injury proneness and sometimes their PA) but he is the only player who has no biography.  All I did was his injury proneness and PA - why would that affect the biography?

Will one magically appear?  Might have to start a new save and try again :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On reflection, it could be due to an antivirus or cleaning programme cleaning the temp folder where player histories are stored.  I doubt that it will reappear, but it would be best to ensure that nothing is sweeping the game while it is running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrazT said:

On reflection, it could be due to an antivirus or cleaning programme cleaning the temp folder where player histories are stored.  I doubt that it will reappear, but it would be best to ensure that nothing is sweeping the game while it is running.

Thanks mate.  I've only just started the season so I'll probably just start the game and see what happens this time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi FrazT - I 'went on holiday' for a month and there was a biography when the game resumed - so will keep playing normally and hopefully it will appear after a month then!  

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FrazT said:

the temp folder where player histories are stored

Are they stored in a temp folder? Not that I am aware of.. If so, is it for caching to increase the I/O performance?

Edited by talhak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, talhak said:

Are there stored in a temp folder? Not that I am aware of.. If so, is it for caching to increase the I/O performance?

I cant be 100% sure for this version, but they certainly were in previous versions and were susceptible to particularly cleaning programmes, which cleared temp files on a regular basis.  Maybe this has been changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FrazT said:

I cant be 100% sure for this version, but they certainly were in previous versions and were susceptible to particularly cleaning programmes, which cleared temp files on a regular basis.  Maybe this has been changed?

Yeah, as you also said, most cleaning programs do regularly delete the files and folders which are marked as "temporary" by the operating system. Even operating systems provide their own solutions for that. So even though it may improve the information retrieval performance in term of elapsed time, it may cause side effects. Actually, me too commonly use cleaning programs, and have not experienced any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to bump this.... but the biography never reappeared.  So it did if I ran a holiday for a month....but not normal gameplay.

Also, I started a new career game with the January 18.3.0 database (but no customs) and even on that his biography was missing.  Could someone create a new game with the January database to see if it's just me? (the player is Trent Alexander Arnold at Liverpool)

thanks :)

Edited by coxy100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...