Not allowed to hire staff

So I started a career with Boreham Wood, but after a couple of seasons I decided to move on and took a job at Leicester. In my interview for the Leicester job I stated that I'd be happy to work with the current staff. However I did not realize that this would mean that I would not be able hire any new staff (stupid me). I am also not able to fire any staff. Is this going to be a permanent feature of my game or will it at some point let me hire and fire staff? I have only been in the job for less than a season. But this could be a real problem in the future.

31 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Check the staff responsibilities and see if you have the responsibility to hire and fire staff- there may be a DoF or another staff member who does that

It let me hire new staff when I started a new season. Thank you for the reply though!

How do the staff numbers compare to the recommended limits set by the board?  If you are at the top level, you cant hire any more.  I suspect however that it is the promise that you made but that this will only last for 1 season though.

12 hours ago, Jarjuglou said:

So I started a career with Boreham Wood, but after a couple of seasons I decided to move on and took a job at Leicester. In my interview for the Leicester job I stated that I'd be happy to work with the current staff. However I did not realize that this would mean that I would not be able hire any new staff (stupid me). I am also not able to fire any staff. Is this going to be a permanent feature of my game or will it at some point let me hire and fire staff? I have only been in the job for less than a season. But this could be a real problem in the future.

If you look at the Promises screen, it'll list the promise and for how long it's going to be in effect.

Archived