How to make backup players from youth and reserve teams available for First Team?

Hi guys, currently I have been playing two games (with Real Madris in spanish league, and Tottenham in English Premier League). 

My question is, how do I make my players available for my first team while they are also available for the backup teams?  I am aware that in spain your backup team is considered a seperate team to you, while in England it is not a seperate team.  Below are the teams I am talking about

Tottenham, Tottenham Under 23s & Tottenham Under 18s

Real Madrid, Real Madrid B & Real Madrid Under 19s

Generally I do not get problems with the two youth teams (Real Madrid under 19 and Tottenham under 18).  But I do get problems with the Under 23s team and the Real Madrid B team.

For example, I have players in my Real Madrid B team registered for the B team.  I also want to register some of them to be able to play in the first team, not many maybe only 2 or 3 as backup.  Now when I need these players in my first team maybe I only need them for 1 or 2 games, I play them and then they are sent to my First team and automatically removed from my B team squad registration.  In the past there was times when I could not even play them because the B team had a match on the same day, but I have now taken over the B team to prevent that happening.  Also sometimes I have players in my first team who are not playing matches recently and I want to try make them keep fitness.  I set them on Available for B team but these players are not eligible to play in B team.  It says they are not registered.  A similar thing in my Tottenham team happens, when I make some first team players available for under 23s or under 18s it says they are too old and not eligible to play.

Sorry if this post sounds confusing I tried to word it in a way that you will understand.  I often read in real life when players return from long injury they play in B team or reserve team and I have heard this about playrs age over 23.  This is the kind of thing I want to do.  I want some of my players in my first team available to play for the B team or the under 23s team if they are losing match fitness.  And I want my B team players to be available for my first team when I need them.

I'm not sure if I am making a mistake by registering some of these players for two teams (Real Madrid & Real Madrid B).  I don't get that problem in Tottenham as there is no registration for Tottenham under 23s.  I've tried everything I can think of.  To register them for only first team, to register them for only B team and to register them for both.  But it just doesn't work how I want it to, there will always come a time when one of my B team players is not available for either B team or First team.  Currently what I am doing as a work around is using the editor to help me to make players available for my first team who are in these backup teams and vice versa.  I have set my squad registration to be allowed to be changed anytime with editor.

Any help or advice you can give will be appreciated.  Thanks

With Madrid, the B team isn't just a reserve team.

It's technically a separate club that shares the name, board & stadium and has it's own manager, budget & finances.

If you stack the games the right way the B team will be promoted until it reaches the 2nd tier at which point it can no longer gain promotion.

If you then throw 1st team games so they are relegated, the B team is automatically dropped down into the 3rd tier irrespective of it's final league position.

Essentially the game behaves as if you were trying to register 1 player for 2 different teams at the same time.

I *think* in Spain you will have to have them in the Real Madrid squad full-time, and not on the B-Team.  At least when you want them to play, I think they have to be in your main squad.  So you are registering them for Real at that point, and not the B-side, which I think removes their B-Side registration.  (Not sure, though, please don't throw things at me!) :D 

In England, it is easy, as all of your players are always available for selection for the first team.  Even if they are training with the U23 or U18, you can select them.  It is also sometimes advantageous to have the players in your main squad (thus using your senior training facilities) and then just making them available for the U23/U18 matches.

It has been a while since I played in Spain, but I *believe* that's how it works.

15 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

I *think* in Spain you will have to have them in the Real Madrid squad full-time, and not on the B-Team.  At least when you want them to play, I think they have to be in your main squad.  So you are registering them for Real at that point, and not the B-side, which I think removes their B-Side registration.  (Not sure, though, please don't throw things at me!) :D 

In England, it is easy, as all of your players are always available for selection for the first team.  Even if they are training with the U23 or U18, you can select them.  It is also sometimes advantageous to have the players in your main squad (thus using your senior training facilities) and then just making them available for the U23/U18 matches.

It has been a while since I played in Spain, but I *believe* that's how it works.

A bit off topic, but training facilities are the same for all squads (seniors, u23, u18). It's better to keep youngsters in youth teams as you can tailor the general training for that squad, they don't need match preparation and can focus only on general training which increases attributes in the long run.

On 28/08/2018 at 20:26, jaysdailydose said:

Thanks for your answer, I must be doing something wrong I think.  Even if you're wrong I won't "throw things at you".  I appreciate you trying to help.

23 hours ago, Vali184 said:

A bit off topic, but training facilities are the same for all squads (seniors, u23, u18). It's better to keep youngsters in youth teams as you can tailor the general training for that squad, they don't need match preparation and can focus only on general training which increases attributes in the long run.

I do agree with you on this, however I think normally I have my youth team players on 90% general training and 10% match preperation.  I have never tried giving them no match preperation at all

On 29/08/2018 at 07:02, Vali184 said:

You're right, I forgot that they came out with that nugget recently, and that it had been mislabeled this entire time.  However, your youth players DO still train separately, even using the same facilities... and that is how you're allowed to set different levels of team and match preparation for them.  (But yes, you are correct, they DO use the senior facilities, so I did word my post badly.)  

(This is also the reason for the "Praise Youth Development" conversation option.  Using it can keep you from making a mistake in a player's development, as the player will give you a hint if he is/is not ready to train with your senior players.) 

5 hours ago, jaysdailydose said:

(This is also the reason for the "Praise Youth Development" conversation option.  Using it can keep you from making a mistake in a player's development, as the player will give you a hint if he is/is not ready to train with your senior players.) 

That's a useful nugget thank you.

2 minutes ago, Snorks said:

That's a useful nugget thank you.

Yeah, if you are thinking of bringing a player from the U18's to train at the senior level, use that option -- if they don't feel ready for the jump in class, the player will tell you so.  

Otherwise, when the conversation option is successful, the game will place the player in the senior squad, and you'll want to then make the player available for the reserve/youth team matches you want them playing in.  

Glad I could help. :D 

(EDIT: I want to stress for everyone that this conversation option is not clear enough, and not only will you praise the players development, it WILL elevate them to the next senior squad, unless the player tells you he isn't ready for the jump.  Only use if you are promoting the player to the next level, it is not just a generic "praise" option!)

So an u18 would get promoted to the u23s? An u23 to the Senior? Or is it a straight jump to senior?

I get the staff notification that u18 Player A should be moved to the u23s - never thought of using the conversation option to see if the player wanted to.

On 30/08/2018 at 18:53, Snorks said:

So an u18 would get promoted to the u23s? An u23 to the Senior? Or is it a straight jump to senior?

I get the staff notification that u18 Player A should be moved to the u23s - never thought of using the conversation option to see if the player wanted to.

I'm honestly not sure in this year's version, they all make the jump to my senior squad -- as my Preston North End side in the Championship still haven't been awarded a U23 squad.  (It's my biggest gripe with the game.  I'm damned tired of wasting players because they can't get game time.)

Archived