Contract a programmer for manager.

Death Ball

I have a youtube channel in which I've been irregularly uploading videos with FM stories. I don't promote it or link to it because it's meant as a way to practice English after a looooooooong time since the last English class which was the last time I had to speak English. So there's barely any effort and, often, when I think editing will be a bit of a pain to do I leave the save waiting for the edit and waiting and the next chapter takes ages to arrive, if it arrives at all. But a few months ago I began this series I wanted to follow through and take a bit more seriously than usual (I have another from FM14? where I try to check whether players out of position are really something to fear, not very rigurous and only half season played).

In a thread some time ago I made some explanations why sometimes, if you want more possession and less hoofing the ball, using instructions to pass it even shorter is counterproductive and introduce less shorter passes can be the solution to get your team to play short passing, possession football (something I may try to feature, though I have a video in which you can see one instance of such, but I would have to find it) and someone said it was something interesting and he wanted to do more, so I thought I'd try to think on the game in those programming terms.

This series is about managing Leeds in the way I would thinking in terms of how things would be working if I was programming the game. How would I implement each attribute. What would mean in code bravery, composure, aggression, etc. There are many chapters in which I don't speak on the matter and they're just about seeing how the match goes and how the season is going at that point, mind you, so don't expect to hear deep and rigurous explanations in every chapter. It's only in a few I speak some about the points. So far I've talked about aggression, bravery, composure, decisions and there's been the chance to see something about how roles interact with each other with an interesting case of how the winger changes behaviour by a change to the MCR in the 4-2-3-1 I'm using.

Note before tenth? chapter I was using an editor that didn't have a normalize audio (or I didn't know of it) and have the intro music quite louder than the chapter's voice. Perhaps doing too loud intro or too quiet voice.

Here's the playlist. I will be updating the thread with new videos.

Intended upload frequency is about one per week but it can vary: perhaps I can get two recorded and edited quickly (I've found the last editor I use, Shotcut, which is free, is quite comfortable to use) and do more than one a week or perhaps I'm more busy than usual and a week passes without video. Or like some weeks ago I had issues with the editor and viruses and more than two or three weeks passed without update because I couldn't edit the last video I had recorded.

Archived