***FMS Awards 2018 Main Voting Round***

mark wilson27

Right gentlemen its now time for the final round of voting in this years FMS Awards. In this round you will be voting for the overall winner in all categories.

You can't vote for yourself or a story written by yourself

If you have a story in the running you are required to vote. 

For you to stand a chance of winning any of the other non story categories (Story Character of the Year,Writer of the year, newcomer of the year and Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builders Award) you are required to vote. In other words if you want the chance to win you need to vote

You must vote in at least 50% of categories

In a change to previous years you will get only one vote for each category with the exception being the Hall of Fame vote

In the Hall of Fame Nominations you can vote for up to three people or stories. Voting in the Hall of Fame is not obligatory

Hall of Fame Rules:

(1) Each user has up to three nominations in both Writer and Story (Your not obliged to vote)

(2) You obviously cant vote for yourself as Writer or for one of your own stories

(3) To be awarded a place in the Hall of Fame a writer or story must receive a two thirds majority of the total number of people who voted in this final round...For example if nine people voted in the final round at least six people need to nominate the story or writer

Only two stories /writers can be elected into the Hall of Fame each year

Writers Hall of Fame Inductees

Peacemaker (2007)

Raptor (2009)

flipsix3 (2010)

tenthreeleader (2011)

Story Hall of Fame Inductees

Leaving the Past Behind (Repost) (flipsix3) (2010)

tenthreeleader / gavrenwick if I have missed anything or anyone regarding the Hall of Fame please PM cheers sir

Please complete the Ballot form in the following post and send to awardsfms@gmail.com by the Deadline of Midnight (BST) Wednesday 26th September with the Awards Ceremony taking place provisionally on Sunday 30th September 2018 (20:00 BST)

Please remember you must vote for you too have the chance to win an award, and remember too claim your vote here

If anyone thinks I've missed anything please PM me

Deadline Counter

The Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award:
This is awarded to the FMS forum member who does the most for the forum on an ongoing basis. Anyone can be awarded this so get your thinking caps on and make your choice

Writer of the Year:
Some of the best members of the boards have been bestowed this honour, with some winning it on multiple occasions. This is the highest honour on the board apart from being inducted into the FMS Hall of Fame. So again who is the writer that has got you clued to the forum, now its your time to see if your vote can give them this high honour

Best Story Character

Whilst some stories are just match report based, others have characters that bring the story to life. You have your characters from Rob Ridgway to Tina Powell that bring the story alive for your entertainment. The only rule with this category is that no character can win this award twice. If your unsure PM me and I will let you know if the character is eligible (I would say look at the FMS Awards Archive but the forum migration has wiped them out for now)

Username:

Short Story of the Year:

1:

Best International Story of the Year:
1:

English Story of the Year:
1:

Rest of the World Story of the Year:
1:

Story of the Year:
1:

Newcomer of the Year:

1:

Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builders Award:

1:

Writer of the Year:

1:

Best Story Character of the Year:

1:

Hall of Fame:

Writer:

1:

2:

3:

Story:

1:

2:

3:

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

I tried again and it still wouldn't send, so I've sent it from my secondary email instead.

Did you copy and paste the email addy from this page, as it looks like a full stop was just after the @ sign so that could be it mate

You  now have just under two weeks left to vote guys...

If you want a chance to win in any category you will need to vote...That includes Newcomer of the Year, Character of the Year etc

I've only received five votes so far

Two weeks today we will have found out who has won each award, who has been named Writer of the Year, who has been named FMS'er of the Year, who has been named Newcomer of the Year.

Will their be a new inductee into the Writers Hall of Fame and we will see if we have a second story inducted into the Story Hall of Fame.

For this to happen we will need your votes in. So far only five people have voted...you have ten days to make a difference

10 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Barely a week to go, and only five votes in so far. :( Unless I'm mistaken, we had 13 in the preliminary round.

How many votes came in for the final round last year, Mark?

We only had 8/9 votes last year. I changed how we did the voting this year as people said they would find it easier to choose when its down to three or four nominees per category.... In my opinion I don't think it has worked this way...Something we can possibly discuss after this years ceremony

Archived