From Proper Fraud to Proper Thread

smp20

187505077738055990f0dfb9cb43d000.png

c9002bd400c7a9e8f56def2d11125f65.png

Had to sell our star player, picked out by Jim Jefferies from Montrose before the big clubs were sniffing around, but at least we've got a decent deal for him and back on loan for 2 seasons. Will be interesting to see how far he goes.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6ee4990714caa97547704587cb39e08b.png

51f7b57ea10b3d36d4d98767d21a1918.png

Well that didn't go as expected :(. Lack of dressing room harmony, too much tactical tinkering and I stated I was please to be linked with Inverness (it was just a news article) seemed to cause the board to get rid. Armand's second sacking of his career.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Pre-season finally done. I think we are starting to play better, but I think some more tinkering is needed. Soon though, I might have something that works.

Well, I were far off...

tHMmKd9.png

We are really struggling to get the tactic to work. Our latest failure is a loss to a non-league team in the cup. So yeah, I'm having issues. The problem though, is that we actually play well, and create chances, but we just don't manage to score. My best striker have a single goal to his name. My top scorer is my right back with 2.... both pens. I think the boot is not far of if I don't turn this around.

December 2017 Update: Harrogate United

Turns Out we're Vincable after all

Results

11F1450763D9A1EDB297A9166603222C929475CA (1366Ã768)Normally... this still wouldn't look good. With the congested non league christmas schedule, especially with us still being in all three cups could've made our season. Teams all around us lost their bottle, but so did we. FCUM I put down to heads being turned by the Newcastle draw, Spennymoor was appaling (and saw both Ainge and Cundle get month long injuries) and Boston saw us down to 10 from the 33rd minute. I just hope we don't look back on this month as the one that cost us the league.

League Table

83C79D8D10569B99D3E3F57CED1D15A51E985720 (1366Ã768) See what I mean when I say all the title chasers hit poor form...

Transfers

(At this point screenshots stop working)

Three month long emergency loans to deal with Paul Konchesky's suspension and Ben Parker's injury at LB. Nash and Nbo are both strikers to insure I don't have to spend a month using Knowles

default_header.jpg

8e772274f256decdf5d4db00d10cdd52.png

08b78754397644907acfa338e96c4ede.png

06bd37ac73975b8734ac3782419ed218.png

League Table ~ Results Part 1 ~ Results Part 2 ~ Facilities ~ Robbie Knox ~ Finances ~ Transfers

What was looking to turn out as a great season almost turned into a disaster. With 5 games left we went in 12 points above 2nd place. 4 straight losses, including one to 2nd place Dumbarton, meant we needed to equal their result and fortunately we turned on the style in the final game to win 6-0 at Brechin. A first title win for Armand One's career :). Robbie Knox is the only player worth mentioning from the intake, though I'm pretty happy with him.

909b765f8109ddc07cc4841af2e2b320.png

A good, balanced squad overall that performed well. We're losing Michael King and Jim Devlin on compensation deals to Aberdeen and Inverness, while team leader Murray Davidson wants to earn over £1k a week on a new deal and not sure if I will cave in to his demands or not and Dylan Mackin wants to leave. We will need to strengthen next season in order to fare better than I did in the 2nd tier with East Fife or indeed the half season I had with Livingston last season.

On 08/09/2018 at 00:17, XaW said:

We are really struggling to get the tactic to work. Our latest failure is a loss to a non-league team in the cup. So yeah, I'm having issues. The problem though, is that we actually play well, and create chances, but we just don't manage to score. My best striker have a single goal to his name. My top scorer is my right back with 2.... both pens. I think the boot is not far of if I don't turn this around.

DC5tDkq.png

Phew! We managed to turn the tide and are now looking much better. Not much change in the tactics, but we are starting to actually score goals. We are also out of the relegation battle, and are now safely mid-table (10th out of 20). The board seems to be the patient type, and somehow are very happy with me currently. Though, they seem to thing we are doing much better than we are...

WkrNyk8.png 

Yeah, so, um, I'll take it, I guess...

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Phew! We managed to turn the tide and are now looking much better. Not much change in the tactics, but we are starting to actually score goals. We are also out of the relegation battle, and are now safely mid-table (10th out of 20).

9xsUrbQ.png

My oh my, how things change... We are now in 2nd place, only 2 points behind 1st, currently on a 7 win streak.

fMDlajO.png

Here is the main cause behind our turn around. Our good striker finally started scoring. I've been toying with his role, and I've tried him in a False-Nine role so he will drop even deeper and allow the wingers to get past him into space, but the jury is still out on the roles.

Peterhead - 2012/13 - Pre-season

This is the version with Rangers in the Third Division, but that would have been a bit of a cheat. Instead I went for the more appropriately small and provincial destination of Peterhead, on the 'nose' of Scotland (the country's easternmost mainland point), and the largest town in Aberdeenshire. No it's not Aberdeen as that belongs to it's own district. 

It's quickly became abundantly clear what a big challenge it would be, though that just makes it more fun. Even though there was no initial transfer budget, There was enough spare in the wage budget for a 5-figure fee, but there was hardly anyone to get. I was able to scout the entire player search list because there were so few of them, all free agents or at non-league teams, and aside from most of those being poor, I didn't have much luck even with the handful of players I did want. One chose to go to a non-league team instead, another at a similar level team had no interest in discussing terms, and a couple more were on too much for our meager wage structure, even with semi-successfully trying to offload a few excess players to cut the wage bill a bit.

There were at least a couple of signings, both free agents. The first was a left-back, and not even a first-team quality one, signed as a longer term option than the existing second choice, though he's still getting a bit of a chance. Near the end of August I just wanted to find anyone else, going for a winger. The team is pretty unbalanced with far more left-sided options than right, giving us just a single player (who isn't very good) to play on the right wing as planned. That meant when I found a 16yr old free agent with a bit of potential I thought he'd do nicely, not just for depth but as someone who already isn't any worse than the guy we already have. This is certainly going to be interesting. 

Signings

Brown.thumb.jpg.3f3b252acab5cb40926015fed24c6083.jpg

McLean.thumb.jpg.df40042c9dd72c02990495800a8298e2.jpg

trans12.thumb.jpg.f2467bbe82cc479351b46dc2cd738744.jpg

I have continued playing the Carlisle save and have decided NOT to share because it is unbelievable. I won League 2 and was promoted from League 1 to Championship with very few changes in players. No more than 5 a year most Free Transfers or overspending to make my loanees permanent. I based my picks on attributes I saw on fully scouted and analyzed players. I did this with 3 scouts and paying for scouting packages by transferring funds to scouting from transfer budget.

But the biggest take away is that the ME can't cope with the 4-3-3 Wide System I was using since I used it for ALL Home games/matches. My theory is that even though I had Inside Forwards at the AM Level and only a DLF Striker in Forward level. The system actually emulated a 3 Striker exploit which is against the rules!

I may try again, but I am not sure I can be anymore realistic in my attempts. No Save Scumming and only using Advertisements or staff advice to hire staff.

@XaW - great turnaround!

@deltablue - looks like a promising start, best of luck against Rangers!

@Hootieleece - We can't just ban any successful tactic :lol: - would be interesting to see how far you can take Carlisle!

I've zoomed through another season with Livingstone but I was so into the game I hadn't taken SS as I went along so just a quick update from me.

Here is where I am...I did continue playing and am in August of 2023 and starting my second season in the Championship! I finished 10th in my first season.

ppKvrl.jpg

Here are the Bookies doubting us again.

YSFl01.jpg

Here is the manager:

FizqVn.jpg

This is the Assman's report on squad: The Lineup is the backups because I have a Carabao Cup match against Salford.

claYFc.jpg

Here are some of the standout players:

This guy was in U18's when I joined the team 3 year ago. Joined the first team as a backup in League 2 and has steadily improved and is our version of Firminio! He scored 20+ goals in Championship last season.

w0Ckxg.jpg

This guy was our starting right fullback as a loanee. I was able to get him to sign permanently and is the Vice-Captain this season.

jGFoKN.jpg

This GoalKeeper is the basis of our success. A loanee already at the club and starting GK.

bK94P3.jpg

The next two were FREE SIGNINGS from the Youth Release list. They are now highly sought after especially Crosby.

mib9Mm.jpg

y85puA.jpg

Both players were on that list that get generated by the staff. I shortlisted them and had them scouted so I could sign them July 1rst so I got them for FREE. $0 transfer money.

So I just finished the first season and we won the league.

18X8Eyf.png

So, things are going much better than I had hoped even if I had a tough start.

The tactic is pretty much the same as it were at the start, only small changes.

1BVJrby.png

The idea is the same as before. CM-A support the striker while the left winger drifts in to act as a playmaker while the left back keeps the width. Teams started to play more defensively against us as the season went on, so pushed up to Control, and pushed the defensive line up while removing play out of defense (I would like both, but rules...).

Now, let's see if the same works for the top tier, or if I have to think new.

Played until September International Break:

eXcUqT.jpg

Sticking with the Attacking 4-3-3 Wide at home or if we're favorites. I play the backups in the cups and the odd home game.

All of my losses have been close with the Wolves loss being particularly hard to take...They took only ONE shot!

The Carabao Cup vs. Bury went 9-8 in Penalties with Sarlak the Hero, scoring the winning penalty and denying the opposing GK to win match. Our Prize:

R7Ty0X.jpg

I hope to keep it close...

Our Competition results so far:

yZ0zTr.jpg

Peterhead - 2012/13- Mid-season update

fixdec12.thumb.jpg.5c71533324a7b11582abcd67cccc5c1b.jpg

dec12.thumb.jpg.82648390fd72b5961829601317da3fc9.jpg

Things didn't get off to the best of starts, and we ended August with a 0% record. However there was some mitigation as the first two were cup games against higher division teams (and I hadn't finished setting up my tactics for the first one), the third was an unlucky away defeat and the 4th was Rangers. We were also always going to be reliant on McAllister's goalscoring prowess and he was injured for the cup games, went off injured (with the scores level) against Berwick, and wasn't at full fitness against Rangers (not like it would make a difference).

Things felt different at the start of September when new winger McLean set up McAllister to give us the lead. It wasn't enough on that occasion but it was when they repeated the trick to get us off the ground against Clyde, triggering a good run. McAllister's good form was expected. He has 130 league goals in 209 matches (up to last December) for the club in real life, including 21 for this season (he's currently on 12) and an incredible 32 in as many matches the following year. It does leave us very reliant on him (and it's no coincidence that our run ended when he had a poor game against Elgin) but we have started to get a few goals from elsewhere so we're not quite a one-man team.

More of a surprise was McLean. He made an immediate impact with his two assists in his first two matches. Aside from his youth (he turned 17 in October) he has no strength whatsoever, which I thought might be a particular hindrance at this level, but he also has some footballing skill and now has 7 goals and 3 goals (which is surprising as he has 1 for Finishing as well) in 18 matches, helping him be our 3rd highest rated player so far this season after McAllister and defender Scott Ross. With such limited options it's good to see someone working out so well like this.

After falling away a bit, we were able to take advantage of a few easier matches to get back to winning ways and even went up to 4th, before a couple of tricky away matches meant we ended the year on a disappointing note. I'm still reasonably happy though. I was worried choosing a team with top-half expectations might backfire so I'm glad to at least be in a stable position, and still just 1 point from the playoff places. With the obvious exception of Rangers and the bottom 2-3 teams, there's not much between a lot of the teams in this division, so it won't take much to get back into the top half, and while I'm not expecting to challenge for the playoff places, it hasn't escaped my attention how that remains a real possibility as things stand.

It's fun to do something like this, with all the challenges of having so little to work with. Obviously I hope to be able to make progress eventually and not be stuck in this situation forever but it still makes for a nice change of pace and an interesting experience and I'm eager to see how things go.

Archived