Teams to Manage - FM19

BanOly

4 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Great save Raith Rovers.

Had 13 great years there and they have some great players there already. Valentine, Watson, Gillespie, Vaughan, Nisbet, Crane, Wedderburn all great with Vaughan in particular a smash when I hit the Premiership.

That is good to hear! I'm halfway through first season and unbeaten in the league. This team seems good enough for Premiership right now. 

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mushtaq said:

That is good to hear! I'm halfway through first season and unbeaten in the league. This team seems good enough for Premiership right now. 

Berry was also a solid player who chipped in with some screamers from distance despite his shooting or long range not having good stats and McKay in defence was a rock.

Yeah you really do have a solid spine who can cut it in the SPFL.

Get a better keeper for the championship though. 

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Looking for an European team in administration or with insecure finances. If possible in the 2nd or 3rd division. Points deduction would be a bonus. 

I want it to be really messy guys :)) Financially speaking.

Try Gaziantepspor in the Turkish Football Federation Second League they have a massive points deduction and is made up of young players

6 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Looking for an European team in administration or with insecure finances. If possible in the 2nd or 3rd division. Points deduction would be a bonus. 

I want it to be really messy guys :)) Financially speaking.

I think Chievo in Serie A, about 1/3 of Serie B teams and a bunch of Serie C teams have points deductions due to awful finances.

There's legitimate fears that if FIFA tightens up loan rules, most of Italian football will go bust as the lower league clubs tend to only own about 8 players and borrow the rest from the top division clubs.

11 hours ago, trueblue.85 said:

Try Gaziantepspor in the Turkish Football Federation Second League they have a massive points deduction and is made up of young players

Nice one but 36 points is a bit to much for me, will look into it though.

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I think Chievo in Serie A, about 1/3 of Serie B teams and a bunch of Serie C teams have points deductions due to awful finances.

Having recently played there with Catanzaro I can confirm that to be true, not sure I feel like going back to Italy...

On 11/05/2019 at 14:52, fred6464 said:

Me and a friend are looking for teams in England that are similar ability clubs and rivals, preferably in around championship level

any suggestions?

Derby & Nottingham Forest
Sheffield Utd & Sheffield Wed

56 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Charlton and Coventry both appear with insecure finances in League 1, maybe they could be a good challenge? Though it seems Charlton is doing good irl.

What do Bolton look like in game for finances? Given their IRL situation. Also Macclesfield have struggled financially this year in League Two.

20 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Any suggestions to start in England?

Premier League:  Mid-table/Relegation candidate
Championship: Promotion-Playoff/Mid-table
League One/Two/Or Lower: Fallen giant

Premier League: Newcastle - one-club city, huge fanbase, huge stadium, owner looking to sell, if you have the update you have one of the best players to ever come out of MLS supplementing your attack too.

Lower: Sunderland / Portsmouth in League One come to mind.

21 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Not sure if you'd consider them a bit higher than mid table but West Ham is a great shout very good forward line and an all round solid squad, play attacking football which the fans crave and can you finally bring them a trophy

hace 21 horas, BadAss88 dijo:

League Two: Sunderland

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:14, BadAss88 said:

Championship have a look at Norwich.  I know they won the league IRL but they are one of any number of clubs which could have finished anywhere in the top 10 to be honest.

19 hours ago, Woolly said:

Championship have a look at Norwich.  I know they won the league IRL but they are one of any number of clubs which could have finished anywhere in the top 10 to be honest.

Think I'm gonna give Norwich a go! The team colours attract me as it's not the same old red/blue/white..

Hi 

Im looking for my final save of this series having done a few lower league and random leagues such as Korea and Australia etc.

After reading peoples stories of youth saves etc with Ajax and watching Ajax in Europe this season I have decided to go along that sort of route with an idea of trying to implement a total football style throughout the save.

My question tho is I am conflicted over 3 teams to choose from either Ajax, Benfica or Leverkusen. I’m not sure if I could find longevity with Ajax or Benfica due to the league season potentially becoming too easy although both of their squads look to be great fun to take over. Which therefore leads me towards Leverkusen but again I wonder how easy that may become in time?  Anyway sorry for the rambling and thanks for any input

2 hours ago, mdougal said:

Hi 

Im looking for my final save of this series having done a few lower league and random leagues such as Korea and Australia etc.

After reading peoples stories of youth saves etc with Ajax and watching Ajax in Europe this season I have decided to go along that sort of route with an idea of trying to implement a total football style throughout the save.

My question tho is I am conflicted over 3 teams to choose from either Ajax, Benfica or Leverkusen. I’m not sure if I could find longevity with Ajax or Benfica due to the league season potentially becoming too easy although both of their squads look to be great fun to take over. Which therefore leads me towards Leverkusen but again I wonder how easy that may become in time?  Anyway sorry for the rambling and thanks for any input

I can only speak for Ajax as I've done two saves with them so far. The league does become a bit of a rollover after a few seasons, but for me that is actually a good thing as you'll be able to provide plenty of game time to upcoming youngsters while saving your best players for Europe. This will also be your main challenge, getting to the level of the big European clubs. I would imagine that for Leverkusen, it will be the other way around, the league will be harder (because you face stiff competition from Bayern and Dortmund) but Europe might be easier as you're playing in a higher rep competition and will be able to attract and retain your best players. 

hay. im looking to do a new save where i raid the south american market. the likes of almada,almendra, vargas etc. just wondering what team(s) are best to do this? or do this in real life? im not sure about france or portugal as they are very boring leagues, so thinking spain?

46 minutes ago, oze07 said:

hay. im looking to do a new save where i raid the south american market. the likes of almada,almendra, vargas etc. just wondering what team(s) are best to do this? or do this in real life? im not sure about france or portugal as they are very boring leagues, so thinking spain?

Historically, Portugal would be your place to be. In real life, they're  very much depending on South America (mainly Brazil but also Argentina). Spain has a limit of 3 non-EU players so would be far from ideal. 

Edited by KlaaZ

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Historically, Portugal would be your place to be. In real life, they're  very much depending on South America (mainly Brazil but also Argentina). Spain has a limit of 3 non-EU players so would be far from ideal. 

oh right. well despite what i said, i do fancy sporting lisbon. because i have been there and benfica will be to easy and dont fancy porto.

1 hour ago, oze07 said:

Other then Portugal, Shakthar Donetsk (Ukraine) always has lots of Brazilians. But also other teams in Ukraine, Russia and other east-european countries seem reasonable.

Edited by BadAss88

2 hours ago, oze07 said:

Holland, Portugal and Germany are three nations where the top divisions have no limits on non-EU players that I know of.

20 hours ago, oze07 said:

There's a fun Sporting thread and it looks to be a good challenge, but they also seem to be massively in debt.

I've bought all 3 of the above in my Sporting save referenced above , Though the finances are a challenge you really need to get CL football or do well in the EL to help with the funds.

There was a point in December before I got the EL Knockout stage money I was struggling with being in the RED but once I got that EL money it was nice, I subsequently got to the Semi's and qualified for the Champions League. Only the Top 2 in Portugal actually qualify so it was a challenge and I'd imagine if I didn't qualify I would have been in trouble as Porto who finished 3rd appear to be judging that they sold a few players off. I would highly recommend Sporting to anyone.

In terms of Spain, perhaps Sevilla , Real Sociedad or Betis would be probably be a nice save to do the following not sure of their finances though

But in terms of the above 3 you referenced I paid

4.5M (this may rise to 7/8 I believe) for Vargas

3.5m (Again may rise to 6) for Almendra

1.5m (rising to 5m) for Almada

So you can get in all 3 for under 10M, note that Almada is only 17 so can't move over until the second season, unless rules are different for Spain.

Looking for a save in Germany but cant make up my mind so I hope you can help me a bit ;) Im between RB Leipzig, Leverkusen and BVB (Dortmund) and the aim is the same. Focus on the youth and stop the dominance from FC Bayern.

RB Leipzig : Exciting team with the likes of Poulsen, Haidara, Werner, Konatè and Upamecano, the link with the other Red Bull clubs and the fact they dont have any real history and trophies.

BVB : Maybe the team many would choose and with many amazing talents like Zagadou, Sancho, Gomez and Isak but also the easy team to beat Bayern?

Leverkusen : Maybe the most interesting team in Germany and with the talents like Brandt, Tah, Havertz, Bailey and Paulinho they are maybe the team to be, but can you keep the players??

But who would you choose ? :)

1 hour ago, ernemann said:

Looking for a save in Germany but cant make up my mind so I hope you can help me a bit ;) Im between RB Leipzig, Leverkusen and BVB (Dortmund) and the aim is the same. Focus on the youth and stop the dominance from FC Bayern.

RB Leipzig : Exciting team with the likes of Poulsen, Haidara, Werner, Konatè and Upamecano, the link with the other Red Bull clubs and the fact they dont have any real history and trophies.

BVB : Maybe the team many would choose and with many amazing talents like Zagadou, Sancho, Gomez and Isak but also the easy team to beat Bayern?

Leverkusen : Maybe the most interesting team in Germany and with the talents like Brandt, Tah, Havertz, Bailey and Paulinho they are maybe the team to be, but can you keep the players??

I know they are not listed above but Hertha Berlin have some decent youngsters and a good youth system!

2 hours ago, RageMaster said:

I know they are not listed above but Hertha Berlin have some decent youngsters and a good youth system!

They Are on my list but not this time but surely Berlin needs a big team ;)

4 hours ago, ernemann said:

Munich 1860.

@ernemann Leverkusen. Unlike Leipzig, they do have tradition and a proper history, Leipzig are a plastic team and are all what's wrong with modern football after doing some research on them. Leverkusen have lost the league title twice on the last day and lost a potential treble and came away with nothing. As a Hearts fan, I can relate with them losing the title on the last day (even though I wasn't born when we lost it in 1986!). Now with Brandt gone to BvB in real life, this is your last chance to use this talented squad, with most likely Havertz leaving soon too. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

12 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

@ernemann Leverkusen. Unlike Leipzig, they do have tradition and a proper history, Leipzig are a plastic team and are all what's wrong with modern football after doing some research on them. Leverkusen have lost the league title twice on the last day and lost a potential treble and came away with nothing. As a Hearts fan, I can relate with them losing the title on the last day (even though I wasn't born when we lost it in 1986!). Now with Brandt gone to BvB in real life, this is your last chance to use this talented squad, with most likely Havertz leaving soon too. 

I dont like the way Leipzig are made too but in FM they are a exciting team to play with and with the other Red Bull clubs i think they are really fun to play with ;)

7 hours ago, ernemann said:

I dont like the way Leipzig are made too but in FM they are a exciting team to play with and with the other Red Bull clubs i think they are really fun to play with ;)

It looks like you have made up your mind. Good luck :thup:

On 25/05/2019 at 11:28, ernemann said:

Have you considered Hoffenheim? A talented young squad, but also still challenging long term as you have the likes of the teams mentioned to compete with. 

* Just took a look at Hoffenheim, a lot of injuries and no money to replace them. Wolfsburg are a better bet. BMG another decent one.

Edited by silentwars

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a club in England. And I want difficulty, but not too much and I want to play with young people . 

I thought of Aston villa or Fulham? What do you think ?

(Sorry for my English, I'm French man :D)

6 hours ago, Ezirr said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a club in England. And I want difficulty, but not too much and I want to play with young people . 

Brentford have a very strong young team and so do Norwich 

Aston Villa’s team are quite old now 

7 hours ago, Ezirr said:

Hi everyone,

Can consider Swansea too, some good young talent there like James,  Rodon, Roberts, etc. Always liked the idea of taking a Welsh club to the top of the english game

• 2 weeks later...

Want to do a long term save, starting with a team in top 2 divisions of a good country. I'd like to focus on youth which makes me think Atalanta or Southampton, but I can't decide. Want lots of potential to grow the club

3 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Want to do a long term save, starting with a team in top 2 divisions of a good country. I'd like to focus on youth which makes me think Atalanta or Southampton, but I can't decide. Want lots of potential to grow the club

I had the exact same problem 

but I found lille to be a very fun save the whole team is very young and good facilities 

and there not favourite to finish high so perfect building block

Cant decide to pick a team from this list :

Lyon (did a save with them in FM19 and won the league in first season, so maybe time to move on :P )
Bordeaux

Milan (use to be a top team)
Parma

PSV (former local team, did a save with them this year, champions and CL winner :/ in first season )
Ado (local team atm)

kaiserslautern
hsv
Stuttgart

Some random teams

Midtjylland
Goteborg

Or any other team someone can come up with :)

Edited by MrGizMo

Dinamo Bucharest would be a good option for a Road to Glory in Europe. It is a club in Romania, the second largest record in this country, which is now battling to take a sad 7th place in the play-out. In the first season it does not play in Europe, so you can focus on the championship. It does not have a big budget, so you should be happy with what you have, but they have a pretty good academy! Budget does not, so we should be happy with what you have. Good luck!

Good morning,

I just bought FM and I am short on time with work and girlfriend and so on...

I'd like a suggestion about what team to manage for the first save that could be my only one for some time.

I'll post what my desires are:

- European League

- NO England (but could be other UK countries), NO Italy

- Possibly a remote country (football-ishy)

- Bottom league of the country could be fun

- Should already be pros (at least semi-pros)

- No concerns about money, staff, youth and so on, like to build the club for myself

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help.

Bye!

@Beren only one league down, but how about AJ Auxerre?

Historic overachievers, they were built up by one man - Guy Roux - over about 40 years, peaking with a Ligue 1 title win in 1995-96. Haven't really been anything like as good since he left in 2005. Probably have some of the better youth facilities from that level (although I imagine Lens' are better) but won't have especially much money, you're not going to get much through gate receipts either so would have to be smart in the transfer market and good tactically to overachieve. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to one final save in FM Touch 19, and got me thinking about doing Youth Challenge in Touch.

For this I am looking for a 2nd or 3rd division club in one of the big 5-6 leagues in Europe, with good youth facilities and recruitment (which is key in FM Touch were intakes are much smaller than in full fat version).

Any suggestions?

On 07/07/2019 at 19:53, Muttley84 said:

Looking to one final save in FM Touch 19, and got me thinking about doing Youth Challenge in Touch.

For this I am looking for a 2nd or 3rd division club in one of the big 5-6 leagues in Europe, with good youth facilities and recruitment (which is key in FM Touch were intakes are much smaller than in full fat version).

Any suggestions?

Maybe a bit late to the party but Munich 1860 is an obvious one. Middlesbrough or WBA perhaps.

8 hours ago, Constantine said:

Maybe a bit late to the party but Munich 1860 is an obvious one. Middlesbrough or WBA perhaps.

Thanks a lot buddy. Started with Hansa in the same league as 1860 seemed a bit to "mainstream" for me :)

18 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Thanks a lot buddy. Started with Hansa in the same league as 1860 seemed a bit to "mainstream" for me :)

Everyone's a hipster these days... :D

Joking aside, good luck with Hansa. They were in Bundesliga not long ago.

Edit: 12 years ago... Damn, i'm getting old.

Edited by Constantine