Teams to Manage - FM19

BanOly

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Adzke said:

Did you get this going? I am considering them myself, but I am having a hard time not envying Benfice and their wonderkids, and I am quite torn between the two clubs.

Braga might be an interesting save. They have some promising young players and you can always pick them up from other Portuguese clubs too. I reckon you could overhaul Sporting Lisbon soon enough.

Hey guys.

I am also torn b/w the following: 

Atalanta......the little Ajax of Italy with an amazing attacking football style.

Ajax....a great philosophy at the club...never stops being just amazing.....with a great name....since i am Greek

Sporting CP.....also a club with a fantastic youth academy.....long time to win the title and make a difference in Europe.

Lastly, Torino......great history......el sistema tactic......a very good youth academy.

Any suggestions guys, would be really appreciated....so as to start a new save!!!!!

8 minutes ago, kos77 said:

Anyone guys???

I plan on doing a Sporting save while taking a break from my PSG one.

Atlanta are doing fantastic this season IRL so you can try replicate that, Torino would be a good one too trying to de-throne your city rivals- I have Belotti in my PSG save and he is lethal with the right service.

46 minutes ago, lblanc said:

I plan on doing a Sporting save while taking a break from my PSG one.

Atlanta are doing fantastic this season IRL so you can try replicate that, Torino would be a good one too trying to de-throne your city rivals- I have Belotti in my PSG save and he is lethal with the right service.

thanx mate for your ideas......i started a sporting save...but it seems quite easy........so far......may be i ll go down the goddess way...atalanta...not sure yet.

5 hours ago, kos77 said:

Hey guys.

I am also torn b/w the following: 

Atalanta......the little Ajax of Italy with an amazing attacking football style.

Ajax....a great philosophy at the club...never stops being just amazing.....with a great name....since i am Greek

Sporting CP.....also a club with a fantastic youth academy.....long time to win the title and make a difference in Europe.

Lastly, Torino......great history......el sistema tactic......a very good youth academy.

Any suggestions guys, would be really appreciated....so as to start a new save!!!!!

I tend to use Ajax always at the start. After around 6-8 months I tend to move on to another save/team or keep playing. 

3 minutes ago, Rooks said:

I tend to use Ajax always at the start. After around 6-8 months I tend to move on to another save/team or keep playing. 

i love an Ajax save...i had an excellent save with them on FM 18. This year i havent tried Ajax yet. So i am thinking about it.....i also really like this year Atalanta......so i havent made my mind up yet......Is Ajax easy enough this year in the Dutch league?

On 25/04/2019 at 19:31, Gee_Simpson said:

Thanks. What kind of budget did you get for season 2? Is there enough money to improve the squad? If I do go Leverkusen, I would like to build my team around Havertz so keeping him happy will be the most important and going by what you have said, will be the easiest. It helps that he's a Leverkusen supporter I guess. 

Not sure on the exact amount, but it was between the 25 and 40 million. I'll check the exact amount when I can.

2 premier league games far with Man City and I'm already getting tired of my save :( It's too easy!

I desperately need a good save! I want a team outside the big 5 (Spain, England, Italy, Germany and France) to start my clubhopping career with and work myself up as a manager.

Any suggestions for a fun team to start with?

Just now, BadAss88 said:

2 premier league games far with Man City and I'm already getting tired of my save :( It's too easy!

I desperately need a good save! I want a team outside the big 5 (Spain, England, Italy, Germany and France) to start my clubhopping career with and work myself up as a manager.

hertha bsc

1 minute ago, BadAss88 said:

why dont you try partizan belgrade ? Very good team....lots of history.

7 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

Outside the big 5 leagues!

@kos77 I'll take a look at them, but do they provide a big enough challenge domesticaly?

Well...the thing is that outside the big 5...there is hardly any challenge......unless you choose a league...like portugal or holland and pick a medium....smallish team

Just now, kos77 said:

Well...the thing is that outside the big 5...there is hardly any challenge......unless you choose a league...like portugal or holland and pick a medium....smallish team

I don't mind choosing a subtopper/mid-table team in any league! Maybe I should consider the big 5 leagues as well then, as there are more fun options..

@BadAss88 Tromsø. I don't think they've ever won the top league in Norway although they've had a couple of cup wins, and bringing success to the Arctic Circle is a cool idea. If you want journeyman then doing well with them probably gets you into contention for the likes of Molde, Malmo, Midtjylland etc. 

@BadAss88 Maybe AZ? They have a lot of talented players but they always fail to challenge the traditional top three, always falling short against them.

Maybe even Vitesse, who had lots of ambition years ago when a close friend of Abramovich took over. There's also their affiliation with Chelsea left over from that time.

i am more of a fun to choose one of the big 5 leagues and take a teal with some kind of history but currently underachieving...i think is more challenging like this.....since most of all the other leagues is just 2-3 horse race....usually

7 minutes ago, kos77 said:

i am more of a fun to choose one of the big 5 leagues and take a teal with some kind of history but currently underachieving...i think is more challenging like this.....since most of all the other leagues is just 2-3 horse race....usually

Any suggestions then?

well....in this years version, i have mainly tried Italy....i really liked Genoa, Torino, Parma (which was quite hard), Sampdoria and most of all Atalanta.....which i am thinki9ng of doing my first ever post about them...if i find the time that is...

Why dont you win CL again with Crvena Zvezda ?

Im bored so much with my Milan save and Serie A and all coaches who play 3 DC 3 DM 2 FB its sick.

Edited by Filke

Oh well just sacked as Newcastle for the second time on fm19 after been mid table following the takeover. Fancy giving league 1 or the championship a go and building. 

Any so called smaller teams in them leagues with some good youth players who have the potential to make the premier league in a few seasons. I'm fancying Luton Charlton or Barnsley

Edited by Carlf788

14 minutes ago, Carlf788 said:

Oh well just sacked as Newcastle for the second time on fm19 after been mid table following the takeover. Fancy giving league 1 or the championship a go and building. 

Any so called smaller teams in them leagues with some good youth players who have the potential to make the premier league in a few seasons. I'm fancying Luton Charlton or Barnsley

That's exactly why I haven't given Newcastle a proper go. 

I hear majority getting owners who want Champions league or nothing

Yeah that's me done with Newcastle until fm20 now. 

I want a few more saves on fm19 then I will give it a rest for a while ready for fm20.

I want a league 1/championship save. A European project/get the Spurs job then on my last one treat myself to a top team and a international team. 

Only thing with a league 1 team is if you make it to the pl the big 6 are just too good and too rich to ever achieve anything? I haven't got the spare time to put daysupon days in to do 10 seasons etc

On 26/04/2019 at 15:14, kos77 said:

i love an Ajax save...i had an excellent save with them on FM 18. This year i havent tried Ajax yet. So i am thinking about it.....i also really like this year Atalanta......so i havent made my mind up yet......Is Ajax easy enough this year in the Dutch league?

The Eredivisie is the most easy. Lost only once (matchday 32/34) with a backup team. Walked the league. 

1 hour ago, kos77 said:

any suggestions about  an interesting save then?

I've got an AZ game on the go. Only signing Dutch players. Finished 5th I think first season, then 2nd the season after. Ajax are littered with wonderkids but I was able to win titles with AZ in FM18 so I'm confident I can catch them. AZ have a great youth system and there are plenty of Dutch kids coming through each year from smaller clubs you can pick up. Only snag so far is that I lost Boadu on a release fee. 

On 28/04/2019 at 12:24, Carlf788 said:

Yeah that's me done with Newcastle until fm20 now. 

I want a few more saves on fm19 then I will give it a rest for a while ready for fm20.

I want a league 1/championship save. A European project/get the Spurs job then on my last one treat myself to a top team and a international team. 

Only thing with a league 1 team is if you make it to the pl the big 6 are just too good and too rich to ever achieve anything? I haven't got the spare time to put daysupon days in to do 10 seasons etc

One thing I haven't actually done properly this year. Done a small time as USA manager in my MLS save and France U23 manager in my Dortmund save but I haven't gone more then a season with an International team due to the USA one getting corrupt and the U23 job being just for the Olympics.

I still think FM are missing a trick with the International game, I know you don't get much time with International management to train the squad but if were able to do it for even the week or setup a summer camp.

Also IFIRC you can't play any friendlies before finalising your final tournament squad which annoyed me.

As i'm doing my Sporting save as Luis Figo I may try for the Portugal job should it come about.

2 hours ago, lblanc said:

One thing I haven't actually done properly this year. Done a small time as USA manager in my MLS save and France U23 manager in my Dortmund save but I haven't gone more then a season with an International team due to the USA one getting corrupt and the U23 job being just for the Olympics.

I still think FM are missing a trick with the International game, I know you don't get much time with International management to train the squad but if were able to do it for even the week or setup a summer camp.

Also IFIRC you can't play any friendlies before finalising your final tournament squad which annoyed me.

As i'm doing my Sporting save as Luis Figo I may try for the Portugal job should it come about.

I'm doing the exact same thing!

Edited by BadAss88

I think I narrowed it down to Dortmund, Leipzig, Frankfurt, Valencia, Roma, Lyon and Wolves.

I think I'm not going to pick Wolves, since none of my targets seem to want to join. Frankfurt just solely for Jovic, but in my Leverkusen game, they didn't sign him, so I guess if I want him I could get him second season for other clubs with some luck.

GUess that leaves Dortmund, Leipzig, Roma, Valencia and Lyon. But then I'd also love to take a shot with Bilbao!

Perhaps a rebuilding of Chelsea or Man United? Even though I feel that would be more suited to a big team last save.

There are quite a lot of interesting teams and scenarios/philosophies to use on this year's edition for me. It's too hard to choose!

Edited by RVP32

15 minutes ago, RVP32 said:

I think I narrowed it down to Dortmund, Leipzig, Frankfurt, Valencia, Roma, Lyon and Wolves.

I think I'm not going to pick Wolves, since none of my targets seem to want to join. Frankfurt just solely for Jovic, but in my Leverkusen game, they didn't sign him, so I guess if I want him I could get him second season for other clubs with some luck.

GUess that leaves Dortmund, Leipzig, Roma, Valencia and Lyon. But then I'd also love to take a shot with Bilbao!

Perhaps a rebuilding of Chelsea or Man United? Even though I feel that would be more suited to a big team last save.

There are quite a lot of interesting teams and scenarios/philosophies to use on this year's edition for me. It's too hard to choose!

I just started a save with Lyon and it is really enjoyable. Very good youth system...coaches....very  solid base to start off and with careful planning and clever selling the club could go all the way to the top. I just hope it wont become too easy of a save.

2 hours ago, RVP32 said:

Did you give up on your Leverkusen save? 

13 hours ago, RVP32 said:

As i wrote on the last page.

What about AS Roma? 

They have alot of talent. Pellegrini x 2, Zaniolo, Cengiz Ünder, Kluivert, Schick.. They have okay money, not rich but not poor aswell.. It is also a fallen giant. Italian capital, and a big stadium. 

20 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Did you give up on your Leverkusen save? 

Nah, I'm going to finish season 2, but I'm constantly flip-flopping. Then I enjoy it so much I feel I could put in another 10 seasons. Other times I can't see myself reaching beyond season 2 and a half.

9 hours ago, n1mez said:

As i wrote on the last page.

What about AS Roma? 

They have alot of talent. Pellegrini x 2, Zaniolo, Cengiz Ünder, Kluivert, Schick.. They have okay money, not rich but not poor aswell.. It is also a fallen giant. Italian capital, and a big stadium. 

Roma seems a solid shout, yeah. Good young talents and their aging squad makes for an interesting project as far as replacing goes.

Can anyone help suggest a team for me?

In the top 5 leagues (England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany), decent finances (not massive debt, enough to sign a player or two), good youth facilities, okay but not amazing squad (maybe a good wonderkid or two), not necessarily title challengers. Any ideas?

7 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

In the top 5 leagues (England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany), decent finances (not massive debt, enough to sign a player or two), good youth facilities, okay but not amazing squad (maybe a good wonderkid or two), not necessarily title challengers. Any ideas?

Wolves? Roma might have too high expectations but also fit the bill. 

9 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Watford, Southampton, Betis, Atletic Bilbao, Fiorentina, Torino, Lille, Rennes, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen 

After playing a few seasons with Brøndby - Nordic players only i stopped playing FM since last month .

I'm looking for a new challenge. I know i'll only have time for 4/5 season till the new FM arrives so i'm looking for a team in second or third division , outside of the top 5 leagues .

OR a 'big' club in a small country (like TNS in Wales ) .

No more 'basque or nordic only' for me , on this FM.

On 04/05/2019 at 01:22, zlatanera said:

Wolves? Roma might have too high expectations but also fit the bill. 

On 04/05/2019 at 03:03, BadAss88 said:

Watford, Southampton, Betis, Atletic Bilbao, Fiorentina, Torino, Lille, Rennes, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen 

Thank you! These are some great suggestions, I'll have a look at them.

I'm not worried about using a slightly bigger team, my favourite save last year was with Juventus!

10 hours ago, mopa4000 said:

As a classic fallen giant (albeit they haven't fallen that far in the grand scheme of things) type of save this is a real obvious one this year with the change of ownership. Finances will be good, solid squad! A great opportunity for someone who has maybe dabbled with the bigger clubs in the game and wants more of a challenge, without making it too difficult for themselvesTutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Who do u recommend ?

Looking for a new lower league save and don't want to grind through the long England seasons so thinking Scotland where I have had some enjoyable saves in the past. Eyeing up Raith Rovers in the third tier - they have the facilities to be a Premiership club and I like the idea of growing a big club in Fife, who have not had a Scottish champion before despite being one of the more populated areas of the country.

Any other ideas for teams at a similar level but with some decent facilities?

Hi,

I need help to make a new save. My last one was Sunderland, and I made it to premier league (in 3 years).

I like teams from the second or third division that are able to make to the 1st division without to much effort or luck.

I think about:

- Sheff United

- Hamburg

- Osasuna

Any other suggestion? 

Regards.

I've been burned on this years FM as had some tragedies.

Upon BETA/release I had a great Hearts save to try topple Celtic which I accomplished and after 9 years I was starting to seriously compete in Europa after going out of Champs League in group stage but my laptop died and had to get a new one so lost the save.

New laptop, new save, new team.

Raith Rovers in League 1 with the same goal as my previous. After 13 years I was on to FINALLY take top spot from Celtic when I attempted to install a custom database for a separate save and ended up somehow corrupting my entire game and had to reinstall everything and lost the save.

Been playing as Fort William with the lower league Scottish custom DB but after all my heartache struggling to get into it especially with most of my team leaving end of each season as I have no money.

Question:

What's the quality of football in German third division compared to Scotland? Is it comparable to Scottish Championship?

43 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I've been burned on this years FM as had some tragedies.

Upon BETA/release I had a great Hearts save to try topple Celtic which I accomplished and after 9 years I was starting to seriously compete in Europa after going out of Champs League in group stage but my laptop died and had to get a new one so lost the save.

New laptop, new save, new team.

Raith Rovers in League 1 with the same goal as my previous. After 13 years I was on to FINALLY take top spot from Celtic when I attempted to install a custom database for a separate save and ended up somehow corrupting my entire game and had to reinstall everything and lost the save.

Been playing as Fort William with the lower league Scottish custom DB but after all my heartache struggling to get into it especially with most of my team leaving end of each season as I have no money.

Question:

What's the quality of football in German third division compared to Scotland? Is it comparable to Scottish Championship?

Nothing to do with your choices but just a few tips: Use auto saves, ideally 3 files, and use the cloud. 

On 06/05/2019 at 23:34, Mushtaq said:

Looking for a new lower league save and don't want to grind through the long England seasons so thinking Scotland where I have had some enjoyable saves in the past. Eyeing up Raith Rovers in the third tier - they have the facilities to be a Premiership club and I like the idea of growing a big club in Fife, who have not had a Scottish champion before despite being one of the more populated areas of the country.

Any other ideas for teams at a similar level but with some decent facilities?

Great save Raith Rovers.

Had 13 great years there and they have some great players there already. Valentine, Watson, Gillespie, Vaughan, Nisbet, Crane, Wedderburn all great with Vaughan in particular a smash when I hit the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Nothing to do with your choices but just a few tips: Use auto saves, ideally 3 files, and use the cloud. 

I do, normally 2 files though and I was saving in the cloud file yet when it happened both times no save was there. Heartbroken.