Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
jhs4

[SUGGESTION] Write a managers history before playing

Recommended Posts

Rather than just being able to select Professional (National), Sunday League, International etc.. I think it would be great if you could really go into detail on your manager and say the clubs they played for or the roles they had before..
For example,
Played for Watford 2003-2007
Played for QPR 2007-2009
Played for Portsmouth 2009-2012
Coach QPR 2013-2014
Coach West Ham 2014-2018

AND THEN be able to take over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this. You could effectively invent your own back-story. It would also do away with the need to state your previous experience. I have a whole fictional history that exists purely in my head. It consists of a bright start at my hometown league 2 club, a move to a PL giant, a loan to a league one side, a pre-season training with the first team, and a career ending injury inflicted by John Terry in an early season reserve game. This is followed by several seasons of coaching a conference sides' youth team whilst earning my UEFA licenses. Then the game begins... Somewhere!

I'd love to put that into the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I'm not the only person that does this haha
I can never play as myself! I have to invent a character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2018 at 18:45, Ianbanksjones said:

[...] and a career ending injury inflicted by John Terry in an early season reserve game. 

Haha, loved that part.

I would love that feature as well. Some who plays this game, may have a playing career and/or coaching career behind them. It would have been amazing to add this to your history before taking over a club.
I've seen requests that is about controlling an existing manager, which I agree on SI's stance. They say the game is about you. And if it's about you, what better is there than to add your story to the game as well. Even if it's just as a U19 coach for Einherji in 3. deild karla on Iceland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FM is a game that tries to simulate the existing football world prior to the date when you become a manager. Writing a fictional manager's career as an ex player or coach of certain football club is interfering with the history of existing football world, therefore I don't fancy this idea. 

My suggestion: Make it possible to get in the shoes of any existing football manager. For example I choose Mourinho, so I start the game as Mourinho at Manchester United and I continue to build over his current achievements. Or I can choose currently unemployed ex player who's now looking to make a living as a manager. Sounds cool right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Haiku said:

FM is a game that tries to simulate the existing football world prior to the date when you become a manager. Writing a fictional manager's career as an ex player or coach of certain football club is interfering with the history of existing football world, therefore I don't fancy this idea. 

My suggestion: Make it possible to get in the shoes of any existing football manager. For example I choose Mourinho, so I start the game as Mourinho at Manchester United and I continue to build over his current achievements. Or I can choose currently unemployed ex player who's now looking to make a living as a manager. Sounds cool right? 

They repeatedly said that they won't add this feature. I am not saying people should add some fictional story either, but there are some who actually played some official games on a low tier level or had a job as a staff member in a low tier club. And why shouldn't they be allowed to add their story to the game? Of course people will abuse and add fictional stuff. Can't really control that. But I find it a bit off when you create a new manager, and select international player as earlier experience, and then your history shows that you have played none official matches or coached for any clubs at all. I don't have the solution, but I think this needs some rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrrobot said:

They repeatedly said that they won't add this feature. I am not saying people should add some fictional story either, but there are some who actually played some official games on a low tier level or had a job as a staff member in a low tier club. And why shouldn't they be allowed to add their story to the game? Of course people will abuse and add fictional stuff. Can't really control that. But I find it a bit off when you create a new manager, and select international player as earlier experience, and then your history shows that you have played none official matches or coached for any clubs at all. I don't have the solution, but I think this needs some rework.

If SI are reluctant to add my suggestion as a feature, then I don't see why they will add yours. It's pointless, irrelevant, and has no impact on the game other than just having a few more lines in your fictional biography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, johnvictoryman said:

i want that too. i played 18 games for Fåssjö IK in 2015. would love to add that to my history, before taking over a club.

Ok then, let it be. It just doesn't add anything for most players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Haiku said:

 It's pointless, irrelevant, and has no impact on the game other than just having a few more lines in your fictional biography.

In that case, so is previous experience. It is exactly the same thing. I couldn't give two hoots about my biog, after all, I will have written it. What I do care about is my (alternative me, that is) experiences in the football world. You wouldn't apply for a teaching job if you had no qualifications other than a swimming certificate, would you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2018 at 18:44, Haiku said:

If SI are reluctant to add my suggestion as a feature, then I don't see why they will add yours. It's pointless, irrelevant, and has no impact on the game other than just having a few more lines in your fictional biography.

I'm not saying your idea is bad, sorry if you felt that way. I'm just saying there is a great number of threads with that suggestion, where SI said numerous of times that they won't add this feature. It's okay if you don't like our ideas, but I feel like you simply don't like it because I don't approve with yours.

It doesn't need to be pointless. They could for example add more lines to the press conferences. They could strengthen your job application on general basis and for a club you previously had a player career/staff job with. But SI decides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love that

It is a really small change, but it would make the game much more fun for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2018 at 22:19, Haiku said:

FM is a game that tries to simulate the existing football world prior to the date when you become a manager. Writing a fictional manager's career as an ex player or coach of certain football club is interfering with the history of existing football world, therefore I don't fancy this idea. 

It already does this.  You can start of with an internation history, with caps and goals.  That's literally rewriting the history of football, just at the international level as opposed to club level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/09/2018 at 17:44, Haiku said:

If SI are reluctant to add my suggestion as a feature, then I don't see why they will add yours. It's pointless, irrelevant, and has no impact on the game other than just having a few more lines in your fictional biography.

Maybe.  But what exactly is the manager creation tool for, if not pointless, irrelevant, and has no impact on the game?
And that took a lot longer to implement than a biography creation tool would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the idea is a winner. I don't get the argument that they wont do this as it could mess with previous football history. The fact re-gens are in the game already does that, a re-gen could go onto smash all records for club and country, a re-gen manager could end up having more to his fictional CV than a real manager, especially if you let the game run for decades. And also I have often had news in my inbox informing me of a new record that has overwritten a real record. I managed Port Vale to a 20 game unbeaten run, this beat Port Vales real one by one match.

I have my fictional history already to write in my head.

16 years old starts at QPR makes 170 appearances scores 87 goals, Moves to Newcastle at 22 makes 160 appearances scores 152 goals, big and last move to Man Utd  at 26, makes 490 appearances scores 301 goals, and then there is England, I have that down in my fictional managers bio  as 107 caps 48 goals :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...