Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
valentinmironov

i am about to lose my child !

Hi everyone,

I saved the game yesterday and exited the game in a right way. Today I open the game and load the save, it was opened. First we made the UEL second round draws and proceeded a few days. Suddenly, the game shut down and there is only a Steam message saying "update error while FM is working" or something like that. Then, we reopened the game and tried to load the game. Although the details about the game was seen in the preview section, the game shut down again while loading the save. This time, there was no message for crash dumps or the other errors. Whenever we try to load the game, we face the same story over and over again. We tried to restore the back-ups, but interestingly there was no back-ups. A few days ago, we couldn't load another save and we fixed the problem by restoring the back-ups (there were many back-up options.) Please help me. 

Any power issue when the game is saving or running will corrupt that save game and it cannot be repaired.  Do you use the autosave option to save your backups- if so they should be available in the Games folder in your Documents file. Browse to that folder and see what is there. You dont need to restore the backup, just use the load rather than the load last game option on the load menu.  You can also try right clicking on the FM desktop icon and see if there is an option to restore to previous version.

Go to the saving setup in preferences and set the saving to the rolling 3 game autosave option and set it to weekly.  If you do ever again have any issues with the game, you will only lose up to 1 week of game time.