It's all in a good Cause, Way down in Derbyshire

mark wilson27

February 24th:
Shaw Lane (H) (37/46)
We began well and on the 10th minute R.Holland came close as he beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with A.Yates heading just over the crossbar from a M.Templeton corner. On the 25th minute we grabbed the lead as M.Williams jinked through the defence with ease and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net. With eight minutes remaining in the half we had a goal ruled out for offside after R.Holland mistimed his run.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the forward pressure and on the 57th minute we had yet another chance with M.Templeton curling into the area but H.Limb failed to connect with the cross. On the 76th minute though we were caught on the counter attack as B.Hirst ran through my defence with ease and slotted in under J.Reynolds. My players responded well though and with four minutes remaining in the game we grabbed all three points as S.Harrad headed a M.Newsham cross past the Shaw Lane keeper

Matlock Town 2-1 Shaw Lane M.Williams 25, S.Harrad 86 / B.Hirst 76

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, T.Cribley, M.Williams, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 394 (3)

After he game I was informed that S.Harrad will be out for around a fortnight after damaging his heel during the game

February 28th:
The coaches have informed me of a new influx our youth players. The players are as follows:

Goalkeepers:
Nathan Mehew

Defenders:
Dean Miles, Jared Meadows, Brendan McDaid

Midfielders:
Dominic Turner, Sam Read, Scott Donnelly, Sam Simpson, Bailey Waites, Liam Burchnall, Bobby Latham, Ryan Jelfs

Attackers:
Iran Evans, Adam Camm, Frank Baah, Robert Masters,

The coaches have stated that Dean Miles could be the standout star of the bunch

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 3rd (61pts) -18pts
FA Cup: Knocked Out in 1st Qualifying Rd 
FA Trophy:Knocked Out in 1st Qualifying Rd 
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Rd

Bank Balance: - £19,210

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 2018:
March 2nd:
After a few days evaluating the youth candidates I have decided to keep Nathan Mehew, Dominic Turner, Iran Evans, Sam Read, Dean Miles, Adam Camm, Scott Donnelly, Frank Baah, Sam Simpson, Bailey Waites, Robert Masters, Jared Meadows, Brendan McDaid, Liam Burchnall, Bobby Latham and Ryan Jelfs 

March 3rd:
Witton Albion (A) (38/46)
A good start saw us go a goal up within four minutes as H.Limb ran into the area unmarked and fired with pace past the Witton keeper. It didn't take long till we had another chance with R.Holland cracking the ball against the upright after beating the defence to a loose ball. On the 24th minute we added goal number two with H.Limb rising above the defence and heading a T.Cribley cross past the keeper. Nine minutes later it was three nil as H.Limb completed his hat-trick with a fine strike from outside the area which gave the keeper no chance to save.
The second half saw us carry on the pressure and on the hour H.Limb came close to a fourth goal after running onto a J.Jackson through-ball but his final effort was poor and it went wide of the post. With eleven minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored with A.Ganiyu curling the ball from distance past J.Reynolds to give the Witton fans something to shout about.

Witton Albion 1-3 Matlock Town A.Ganiyu 79 / H.Limb 4, 24, 33

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres (D.Wiley), K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb, R.Holland (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 220 (27)

March 8th:
Injury news sees S.Harrad back in training after ten days out with a damaged heel

March 10th:
Workington (A) (39/46)
Workington started the better and on the 19th minute they took the lead with J.Ryan beating my defence to a simple ball and wasted no time in firing under J.Reynolds. Ten minutes later we went a further goal down as J.Linley fired in a penalty after A.Yates fouled in the area. On the 36th minute Workington added another goal as J.Ryan headed in from close range after my defence yet again failed to deal with a simple ball.
During the interval I was far from happy and let my players know what I thought. However the start of the second half saw Workington carry on the pressure and on the 63rd minute they came close to a fourth with a long range effort which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we finally pulled our fingers out as H.Limb ran in from the wing and fired with pace under the keeper. We were piling forward and with five minutes remaining in the game we pulled another goal back with T.Cribley curling the ball in from the corner of the area. However we began the comeback far too late and lost the game. After the game I expressed my anger at the players for their performance the only way I know

Workington 3-2 Matlock Town J.Ryan 19, 36, J.Linley 29 pen / H.Limb 71, T.Cribley 85

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 467 (14)

The players felt the pain, but not in the Fergie/Beckham way

March 17th:
Nantwich Town (H) (40/46)
We didn't start well with some sloppy play and on the 13th minute they came close with a rasping effort which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save the ball. Eleven minutes later we went a goal down as J.Davies beat A.Yates to a loose ball and fired under J.Reynolds. On the 37th minute Nantwich had the ball in the back of the net but luckily for us the referee ruled it out for a foul on J.Doyle.
The second half started poorly again as on the 47th minute the referee again came to our aid as he ruled another goal out for a foul on A.Yates. Just before the hour mark though we levelled the scores as M.Newsham fired in from the penalty spot after H.Limb's effort was supposedly handled in the area. The goal though seemed lift my players and we started to play that thing called football. On the 73rd minute we came close to taking the lead with a powerful strike from S.Harrad which saw the Nantwich keeper at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later the keeper again saved Nantwich with a fine save from H.Limb's low shot. With four minutes remaining in the we grabbed the winner our second half performance deserved as M.Newsham curled a brilliant effort in from the corner of the area

Matlock Town 2-1 Nantwich Town M.Newsham 59 pen, 86 / J.Davies 24

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 437 (20)

March 24th:
Rushall Olympic (H) (41/46)
We began the game well and on the 17th minute we took the lead as T.Cribley jinked in from the wing and fired in with power past the keeper into the top corner. Nine minutes later we grabbed another goal with P.Ayres heading a M.Templeton corner into the back of the net after S.Harrad's initial effort was well saved. On the 38th minute we came close to a third goal as R.Holland beat the offside trap but his final shot was pretty dire and the ball went well wide of the post.
The second half was completely different as we failed to put in the effort and with four minutes gone R.Brodie pulled a goal back for Rushall after my defence seemed to go AWOL. On the hour mark they had another chance as they broke my defence down with ease but luckily the strikers effort was as dire as our defending. On the 72nd minute Rushall levelled the scores as R.Brodie  again made a mockery of my defence and rounded J.Reynolds to fire into the empty net. Nine minutes later Rushall grabbed the winner as Z.Lilly showed great pace to beat my defence and slotted in under the keeper. To say I was unhappy is an understatement 

Matlock Town 2-3 Rushall Olympic T.Cribley 17, P.Ayres 26 / R.Brodie 49, 72, Z.Lilly 81

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton (A.Tingey-Kerry), S.Harrad, R.Holland (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 432 (14)

March 31st:
Barwell (A) (42/46)
We went a goal down on the 10th minute as D.Nti barged through my defence with ease and fired under the onrushing J.Reynolds. Eight minutes later they had another chance as they rattled the upright from inside the area. It was becoming too easy for Barwell and on the 36th minute they came close again but J.Reynolds saved the day with a world class save. 
The second half was much better as my players upped the gears and just after the hour we levelled the game with a well struck shot from P.Ayres which gave the Barwell keeper no chance of saving. On the 73rd minute we came close again with S.Harrad jinking through the defence but his final effort went well wide of the post. We were piling on the pressure and deep into injury time we grabbed the winner as S.Harrad rose above the defence and headed a M.Williams cross past the Barwell keeper.

Barwell 1-2 Matlock Town D.Nti 10 / P.Ayres 62, S.Harrad 90+3

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, S.Harrad, R.Holland

Attendance: 316 (46)

After the game I was informed that Stalybridge Celtic have won the Evo-Stick League Premier Division after they beat Farsley Celtic 4-0.

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 3rd (70pts) -16pts

Bank Balance: - £29,616

April 2018:
April 7th:
Sutton Coldfield Town (A) (43/46)
Sutton began well and on the 15th minute they took the lead with S.Ramsey giving the home side the lead with a fine strike. It got even better for the home side as on the 28th minute D.O'Callaghan rose above the defence and headed a cross past the flailing J.Reynolds. Soon after they had another chance with a stunning strike from outside the area but the ball went inches over the crossbar.
The second half was much better for my side as the started well with a curling effort from M.Templeton on the 47th minute which had the Sutton keeper at full stretch. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with A.Tingay-Kerry jinking through the defence but a brilliant challenge saw the ball smothered at my players feet. On the 72nd minute we finally pulled a goal back with M.Templeton seeing the keeper off his line and wasted no time in dinking the ball from outside the area over him. With seven minutes remaining in the game we got the equaliser our second half performance deserved as S.Harrad ran onto a M.Newsham through-ball and slid the ball under the keeper to give us a share of the points.

Sutton Coldfield Town 2-2 Matlock Town S.Ramsey 15, D.O'Callaghan 28 / M.Templeton 72, S.Harrad 83

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley (A.Tingey-Kerry), M.Newsham, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (J.Jackson), H.Limb

Attendance: 155 (25)

April 14th:
Grantham Town (H) (44/46)
Yet again another poor start saw us a goal down in the 3rd minute as A.Wright sprinted through my defence with real ease and fired under my keeper. Soon after we went a further goal down but luckily for us the assistant referee had raised his flag for offside. Just before the half hour we came close to losing yet another goal as a poor clearance by J.Reynolds was intercepted but the effort was fired well wide of the post. Grantham were all over us and on 44th minute J.Reynolds redeemed himself with a fine save which Grantham a second goal.
The second half wasn't much better but on the hour mark we had our first chance of the game as H.Limb fired weakly at the keeper after running onto a loose ball. On the 71st minute Grantham came close to making it two nil with a powerful strike which was blocked on the line by P.Ayres. Grantham carried on the pressure but deep into injury time we countered one of their many attacks and S.Harrad fired with power past the Grantham keeper to give us the most undeserving point of the season

Matlock Town 1-1 Grantham Town S.Harrad 90+1 / A.Wright 3

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, M.Williams (A.Tingey-Kerry), T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 522 (24)

April 21st:
Stourbridge (H) (45/46)
A minute into the game we took the lead as H.Limb ran from kick off and fired with pace under the keeper. Soon after H.Limb had another chance to score with a long range effort which had the Stourbridge at full stretch to save. We were in control of the game and on the 23rd minute we had another chance with a curling effort from M.Williams which clipped the top corner of the crossbar. Seven minutes later though Stourbridge were awarded a penalty after D.Wiley was adjudged to have handled in the area (with his chest). I was livid and was warned about my behaviour, the resulting penalty saw L.Benbow firing in. At the half time whistle I was far from happy with the referee and was sent to the stands for the final forty five minutes
Four minutes into the half Stourbridge took the lead as J.Dolling rose above the defence and headed a cross past J.Reynolds. On the 62nd minute Stourbridge had another chance to score as they ran through my defence with real ease and fired towards goal but J.Reynolds saved well. Twelve minutes later we came close to grabbing the equaliser as M.Newsham tried his luck from the corner of the area but the Stourbridge managed to get his finger tips on the ball to save the day.

Matlock Town 1-2 Stourbridge H.Limb 1 / L.Benbow 30 pen, J.Dolling 49

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, A.Tingey-Kerry, H.Limb, R.Holland

Attendance: 445 (26)

April 23rd:
As expected the FA have banned me from the final game of the season for my outburst to the referee, which after reviewing the replay shows I was correct.

April 28th:
Halesowen Town (A) (46/46)
Three minutes into the game Halesowen took the lead as J.Gardiner showed my defence a clear pair of heels and fired past J.Reynolds with ease. On the 19th minute it was two nil as J.Gardiner fired in a second goal with a low shot which J.Reynolds should have done better to save. We were all over the place and with six minutes remaining in the half Halesowen made it three nil as J.Hargreaves headed in from close range after some woeful defending. On the 43rd minute we put alittle bit of hope back in the players as S.Harrad headed with power past the Halesowen keeper from a M.Templeton cross.
The second half was six minutes old when we pulled another goal back with S.Harrad firing in from the penalty spot after H.Limb was fouled in the area. On the 64th minute we managed to pull level as H.Limb saw the chance to score as he ran through the defence with ease and wasted no time in firing into the bottom corner. It was one way traffic by my side and on the 76th minute we grabbed the winner with M.Templeton curling in off the upright after seeing the keeper off his line

Halesowen Town 3-4 Matlock Town J.Gardiner 3, 19, J.Hargreaves 39 / S.Harrad 43, 51 pen, H.Limb 64, M.Templeton 76

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, M.Williams, T.Cribley (M.Newsham), J.Jackson (inj 56-A.Tingey-Kerry), M.Templeton, H.Limb, S.Harrad (R.Holland)

Attendance: 460 (28)

After the game I was informed that J.Jackson will be out for around two months after breaking his toe during the game.
Other news sees my side finish the season in the play-off places and we have been drawn against Stafford Rangers with the game being played at the Pirelli Stadium, Burton-on-Trent

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 4th (75pts) -12pts (Play-offs)

Bank Balance: - £40,206

May 2018:
May 5th:
The other tie in the Play-offs sees Barwell beating Rushall Olympic 2-0 to reach the final

May 6th:
Stafford Rangers (Pirelli Stadium, Burton-on-Trent) Evo-Stick Premier Division Promotion Play-off Semi Final[/b]
The first half was a very edgy affair with little in the way of action past the middle third of the pitch. Their was only one shot in the first half as Stafford beat my defence but the strike went well wide of the post,
The second half was a lot better as my side and the Stafford side piled forward in hope of progressing. It was however Stafford who grabbed the first goal just before the hour as T.Waite rose above my defence and headed past J.Reynolds to give them the lead. On the 73rd minute we had our first chance with M.Williams crossing into the area but R.Holland headed just over the crossbar. Eleven minutes later we managed to pull level as H.Limb showed great vision to dink the ball over the keeper from just outside the area With the referee getting ready to blow the whistle H.Limb scored the winner with a powerful strike from twelve yards to send us through to the Play-off Final

Stafford Rangers 1-2 Matlock Town T.Waite 59 / H.Limb 84, 90+4

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), M.Williams, T.Cribley, S.Harrad, M.Templeton, H.Limb, M.Newsham (R.Holland)

Attendance: 2,365 (689)

The Play-off final will be played at the Pirelli Stadium, Burton-on-Trent on the 15th May 2018

May 15th:
Barwell (Pirelli Stadium, Burton-on-Trent) Evo-Stick Premier Division Promotion Play-off Final 
We got off to a great start as on the 6th minute H.Limb ran onto a T.Cribley through-ball and fired under the body of T.Scott. Eight minutes later we had another chance to score with M.Newsham rattling the crossbar from outside the area. On the 34th minute Barwell had their first chance with C.Reid curling the ball past J.Reynolds but not the upright. Just before the half time interval we came close to grabbing a second goal with M.Templeton firing straight at the keeper when it was easier to score.

Half Time Score 0-1

The second half was ten minutes old when the next goal was scored as K.Mitchell showed my defence a clean pair of heels and fired with pace under J.Reynolds to level the scores. On the 62nd minute we had our next chance to score as R.Holland beat the Barwell defence but his final effort was pretty dire and went wide of the post. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the lead back as R.Holland rose above the Barwell defence and headed a T.Cribley cross past the keeper and into the back of the net. On the 89th minute we came close to grabbing a third goal with R.Holland slotting the ball under the keeper and just wide of the post

Barwell 1-2 Matlock Town K.Mitchell 55 / H.Limb 6, R.Holland 79

Barwell: T.Scott, D.Towers, C.Stanley, O.Betts, E.Nisevic (E.Percival), D.Nti, B.Hickey, J.Heath, T.Bates (J.Serrant-Green), K.Mitchell, C.Reid (A.Lazzari)

Matlock Town: J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, S.Harrad, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Limb, M.Newsham (R.Holland)

Attendance: 622 (394)

With the result it means that my side have been promoted to the Vanarama National League North/South

salskter - Thankyou sir

May 16th:
The end of season awards have been handed out and Harry Limb has won the Northern Premier League Premier Division Young Player of the Year award.
Also A.Yates, M.Williams and H.Limb have been named in the Northern Premier League Premier Division Team of the Year.
The clubs end of season awards have been handed out and are as follows.
The Fans Player of the Season award sees Harry Limb pick it up with 67% of the votes
The Young Player of the Season award sees Harry Limb win it.

Stats:
Top Scorer: Harry Limb (33 Goals)
Highest Average Rating: Harry Limb (7.33)
Most Yellow Cards: Kieran Wallace (10 Yellow Cards)
Most Red Cards: None

May 31st:
Transfer news sees Harry Limb's loan period finish and he must return to Burnley

Monthly/End of Season Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 4th (75pts) -12pts (Play-offs) (Promoted via Play-offs)

Bank Balance: - £40,206

June 2018:
June 17th:
The Chairman Tom Wright has announced two new sponsorship deals for the club with a new two year Stadium sponsorship worth £10,000 per year and a new one year kit deal worth £4,300 per year

June 30th:
Transfer news sees T.Cribley's contract expiring and he has decided not to stay despite me offering him a substantial contract

Evo-Stick Premier Division: Final Table:

| Pos  | Inf | Team                  | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag  | GD  | Pts | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st  | C   | Stalybridge Celtic    | 46  | 17  | 4   | 2   | 51  | 16  | 9   | 5   | 9   | 37  | 33  | 39  | 87  | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd  |     | Barwell               | 46  | 14  | 4   | 5   | 42  | 20  | 9   | 9   | 5   | 30  | 24  | 28  | 82  | 
| 3rd  |     | Stafford Rangers      | 46  | 10  | 8   | 5   | 35  | 25  | 10  | 9   | 4   | 38  | 30  | 18  | 77  | 
| 4th  | P   | Matlock Town          | 46  | 12  | 7   | 4   | 49  | 24  | 9   | 5   | 9   | 37  | 33  | 29  | 75  | 
| 5th  |     | Rushall Olympic       | 46  | 12  | 5   | 6   | 35  | 24  | 9   | 6   | 8   | 30  | 32  | 9   | 74  | 
| 6th  |     | Grantham Town         | 46  | 9   | 8   | 6   | 43  | 35  | 11  | 5   | 7   | 46  | 40  | 14  | 73  | 
| 7th  |     | Ashton United         | 46  | 13  | 5   | 5   | 42  | 23  | 8   | 5   | 10  | 25  | 32  | 12  | 73  | 
| 8th  |     | Whitby Town           | 46  | 12  | 6   | 5   | 45  | 32  | 7   | 8   | 8   | 33  | 38  | 8   | 71  | 
| 9th  |     | Workington            | 46  | 12  | 6   | 5   | 47  | 24  | 5   | 11  | 7   | 30  | 32  | 21  | 68  | 
| 10th |     | Coalville Town        | 46  | 12  | 5   | 6   | 37  | 24  | 7   | 6   | 10  | 33  | 45  | 1   | 68  | 
| 11th |     | Warrington Town       | 46  | 10  | 6   | 7   | 30  | 24  | 8   | 7   | 8   | 24  | 24  | 6   | 67  | 
| 12th |     | Farsley Celtic        | 46  | 12  | 5   | 6   | 46  | 24  | 5   | 7   | 11  | 30  | 48  | 4   | 63  | 
| 13th |     | Stourbridge           | 46  | 10  | 6   | 7   | 34  | 28  | 8   | 3   | 12  | 29  | 39  | -4  | 63  | 
| 14th |     | Nantwich Town         | 46  | 11  | 4   | 8   | 46  | 41  | 7   | 4   | 12  | 26  | 37  | -6  | 62  | 
| 15th |     | Altrincham            | 46  | 8   | 8   | 7   | 44  | 39  | 6   | 11  | 6   | 34  | 40  | -1  | 61  | 
| 16th |     | Buxton                | 46  | 9   | 4   | 10  | 33  | 34  | 8   | 6   | 9   | 39  | 44  | -6  | 61  | 
| 17th |     | Shaw Lane             | 46  | 9   | 5   | 9   | 42  | 42  | 6   | 6   | 11  | 23  | 35  | -12 | 56  | 
| 18th |     | Mickleover Sports     | 46  | 8   | 6   | 9   | 33  | 29  | 7   | 3   | 13  | 23  | 41  | -14 | 54  | 
| 19th |     | Hednesford Town       | 46  | 6   | 9   | 8   | 23  | 27  | 7   | 4   | 12  | 25  | 34  | -13 | 52  | 
| 20th |     | Halesowen Town        | 46  | 7   | 5   | 11  | 36  | 39  | 6   | 5   | 12  | 28  | 42  | -17 | 49  | 
| 21st | R   | Sutton Coldfield Town | 46  | 5   | 8   | 10  | 37  | 47  | 6   | 5   | 12  | 36  | 55  | -29 | 46  | 
| 22nd | R   | Lancaster City        | 46  | 9   | 5   | 9   | 35  | 40  | 3   | 5   | 15  | 32  | 63  | -36 | 46  | 
| 23rd | R   | Marine                | 46  | 2   | 8   | 13  | 26  | 48  | 8   | 5   | 10  | 34  | 32  | -20 | 43  | 
| 24th | R   | Witton Albion         | 46  | 5   | 8   | 10  | 34  | 43  | 4   | 5   | 14  | 30  | 52  | -31 | 40  | 

End of Season Squad:

| Name                  | Position             | Apps      | Gls       | Ast       | Conc      | Av Rat    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Jason Reynolds        | GK                   | 51        | 0         | 0         | 69        | 6.74      | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| Julian Wall           | GK                   | 2         | 0         | 0         | 2         | 6.65      | 
| Adam Yates            | D (RC)               | 53        | 4         | 2         | -         | 7.02      | 
| Dwayne Wiley          | D (C)                | 41 (1)    | 2         | 2         | -         | 6.86      | 
| Phil Ayres            | D (C)                | 13 (1)    | 2         | 2         | -         | 6.97      | 
| Mykal Ellroy          | D (L)                | 3 (9)     | 0         | 1         | -         | 6.58      | 
| Joe Doyle             | D/WB (R), DM, M (RC) | 53        | 0         | 5         | -         | 6.91      | 
| Kieran Wallace        | D/WB/M (L)           | 50        | 0         | 2         | -         | 6.81      | 
| Matty Templeton       | D/WB/M/AM (L)        | 52        | 9         | 5         | -         | 7.12      | 
| Michael Williams      | M (RLC)              | 47        | 5         | 8         | -         | 7.07      | 
| Ted Cribley           | M (L), AM (LC)       | 36 (7)    | 2         | 6         | -         | 6.96      | 
| Luis Rose             | AM (L)               | 5 (8)     | 0         | 1         | -         | 6.57      | 
| Alistair Tingay-Kerry | AM (L)               | 1 (4)     | 0         | 1         | -         | 6.44      | 
| Marc Newsham          | AM (C), ST (C)       | 17 (11)   | 3         | 2         | -         | 6.58      | 
| Jamie Jackson         | AM (RL), ST (C)      | 11 (11)   | 3         | 6         | -         | 6.94      | 
| Shaun Harrad          | ST (C)               | 24 (9)    | 14        | 4         | -         | 7.03      | 
| Harry Limb            | ST (C)               | 40 (2)    | 33        | 7         | -         | 7.33      | 
| Ricky Holland         | ST (C)               | 15 (14)   | 9         | 3         | -         | 6.76      | 

Season Two: 2018/19
July 2018:
July 1st:
I've barely got back from the end of season break and I have been offered an interview with Worcester City. I have decided to decline the offer as I want to carry on my work with Matlock Town

July 2nd:
Our first friendly of the pre-season sees my side facing League One side Blackburn Rovers. Despite taking an early lead with F.Baah doing the honours we ended up losing 5-1

July 4th:
I have been offered another job interview as King's Lynn Town gave me that chance, I have however refused the offer and thanked Chairman Stephen Cleeve for the chance

July 7th:
Our next friendly sees us welcoming Chesterfield to Causeway Lane. We didn't play too badly but our League Two neighbours beat us 2-0

July 13th:
We now faced an away friendly against Heanor Town and we played well and beat them 3-0 with R.Masters, M.Williams and an own goal giving us the goals

July 15th:
Injury news sees youngster R.Williams out for around five months after breaking his foot in training

July 18th:
We now faced Welsh Premier side Airbus UK and we did very well to draw 2-2 with them. Our goals came from M.Newsham and A.Camm

July 20th:
Our next friendly saw us facing Vanarama National League side Wrexham and we were outplayed in a 3-1 loss. Our only goal coming from S.Harrad late in the game

July 22nd:
We now faced an away friendly against Gresford and we as expected outplayed them and beat them 4-1 with R.Holland, R.Masters, J.Jackson and M.Newsham all scoring

July 24th:
We faced another Welsh side as we played Rhos and easily beat them 5-1 with A.Yates, M.Williams, D.Miles, A.Camm and an own goal getting our goals

July 26th:
Contract news sees young centre back I.Riley signing a new contract with the club. Other news sees us losing to Loughborough Dynamo 3-2 with A.Camm grabbing both our goals. I was far from pleased with the side overall performance

July 27th:
More contract news sees J.Taylor signing a new contract with the club.
The odds for the Vanarama National League North have been released and we are quoted at 200-1 to get promoted and 1-5 favourites to get relegated

July 28th:
Our next match sees us facing Aston Villa at Causeway Lane and we were well beaten 3-1 with A.Yates grabbing our only goal.

July 31st:
The final match of the month sees us being battered 5-1 by Bolton Wanderers with A.Camm grabbing our only goal.
The end of month finances sees the bank balance sitting at £43,077

August 2018:
August 4th:
We faced another friendly as we welcomed Derby County U23's to the club, despite a good performance we lost 1-0 after they scored late in the game.

August 6th:
I have been asked to choose the clubs captain for the season and I have decided to stick with last years captains with A.Yates staying as Captain and S.Harrad remaining as Vice Captain

August 11th:
The board have given me their expectations for the season with them expecting to fight bravely against relegation from the Vanarama National League North. In the FA Cup they want me to be competitive and the same applies to the FA Trophy

Stalybridge Celtic (H) Vanarama National League North (1/42)
Our opening game saw us facing the side that beat us to the title. As expected the first game was pretty slow to get going and it took till the 31st minute for the first effort of the game as R.Holland fired weakly past the Stalybridge keeper. Ten minutes later we had J.Reynolds to thank as his brilliant save denied Stalybridge. On the stroke of half time Stalybridge took the lead as S.Madeley slotted in from close range.
The second half was five minutes old when we grabbed the equaliser as M.Williams lashed in the ten yards after the Stalybridge keeper had flapped out a R.Holland shot. However after the goal it was all Stalybridge and on the 67th minute we had the referee to thank as he ruled out a goal for a foul on P.Ayres. Stalybridge were all over us and with four minutes remaining in the game Stalybridge grabbed all three points with L.Ritson firing in from ten yards after my defence yet again fell asleep.

Matlock Town 1-2 Stalybridge Celtic M.Williams 50 / S.Madeley 45, L.Ritson 86

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, J.Doyle, M.Williams, M.Templeton (A.Tingay-Kerry), A.Camm (S.Harrad), R.Holland

Attendance: 437 (53 away)

August 12th:
The numbers for the season tickets have been released with a total of 112 being sold. Up by 12 from last season.

Its early doors luckily, hopefully I can get an early win on the boards to settle the players

August 14th:
Blyth Spartans (A) (2/42)
Ten minutes into the game we were a goal down with J.Gorman beating A.Yates to a simple ball and he wasted no time in firing past J.Reynolds at his near post. On the 12th minute it was two nil with D.Maguire heading in after my defence was still asleep from the first goal. We were being ripped apart and five minutes later it was three nil with J.Hickey firing in from the penalty spot after A.Yates handled in the area. On the half hour it was nearly four nil as the Blyth attack piled through the defence  but J.Reynolds reacted well to block the effort at the feet of the attacker. Just before the break we had the chance to pull one back but S.Harrad's effort was as poor as our first half.
The second half was ten minutes old when Blyth had yet another chance with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of J.Reynolds. Blyth were in complete control and on the 65th minute they had a goal ruled out for offside after my defence actually worked as a team. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we countered one of the many Blyth attacks and R.Holland finished the move. Blyth seemed alittle shell shocked and on the 89th minute J.Doyle pulled another goal back to make it 3-2, however our mini comeback came to late in the game.

Blyth Spartans 3-2 Matlock Town J.Gorman 10, D.Maguire 12, J.Hickey 17 pen / R.Holland 78, J.Doyle 89

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, J.Doyle, M.Williams (A.Tingay-Kerry), M.Templeton,  S.Harrad (J.Jackson), R.Holland

Attendance: 781 (14)

After the game I was informed that A.Yates will be out for around 2-3 weeks with a damaged foot

• 2 weeks later...

August 18th:
AFC Telford (H) (3/42)
Telford piled forward and fired with pace past the outstretched arms of J.Reynolds but the ball went just wide of the post. On the 19th minute Telford had yet another chance to score with a long range effort which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Seven minutes later Telford finally took the lead as B.Lubala jinked through my defence and slotted in under J.Reynolds who was alittle slow to react.
The second half wasn't much better as we struggled to get close to the ball and on the hour mark Telford had yet another chance to score with a close range shot which J.Reynolds blocked bravely. On the 69th minute we finally had our first chance of the game as R.Holland rose above the defence and headed a M.Templeton cross straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. With six minutes remaining in the game Telford came close to a second goal with a powerful shot which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save.

Matlock Town 0-1 AFC Telford B.Lubala 26

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, M.Williams (J.Jackson), A.Tingay-Kerry, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (A.Camm), R.Holland

Attendance: 678 (282)

August 25th:
FC United of Manchester (A) (4/42)
A poor start saw FC United controlling the play and on the 18th minute they grabbed the lead as M.Waters sprinted through the defence with ease and fired under the onrushing J.Reynolds. Twelve minutes later  they had another chance as my defence went missing again but J.Reynolds saved the day with a fine save. On the stroke of half time we had the chance to score with A.Tingay-Kerry curling a free-kick wide of the post after S.Harrad was brought down on the way to goal.
The second half was pretty poor for us and FC United dominated play and four minutes into the game we had the assistant referee to thank after he ruled out a goal for a push on P.Ayres. Just after the hour mark FC United rattled the crossbar from ten yards after they split my defence with ease. After the final whistle I was far from pleased with my teams performance

FC United of Manchester 1-0 Matlock Town M.Waters 18

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, M.Williams, A.Tingay-Kerry, M.Templeton, S.Harrad, R.Holland (A.Camm)

Attendance: 2,653 (51)

August 28th:
Some good injury news sees A.Yates returning to full training after a fortnight out with a damaged foot. Some other news sees youngster Dean Miles having a trail with Macclesfield Town

Monthly Review:
Vanarama National League North: 22nd (0pts) -2pts of Relegation, -8pts off top
FA Cup: Not entered yet
FA Trophy: Not entered yet

Bank Balance: £57,966

Rien-Hopefully they will pull there fingers out and start to get some results before its too late

September 2018:
September 1st:
Kidderminster Harriers (A) (5/42)
We were outplayed with ease by Kidderminster and on the 14th minute L.Reilly ran through the defence and fired under J.Reynolds. Six minutes later they had another chance but A.Yates cleared off the line bravely. On the 28th minute it was two nil as D.Bradley curled a free-kick into the top corner after J.Doyle fouled on the way to goal. Five minutes later it was three nil with L.Reilly grabbing his second of the game after finishing off a great team move. We were being ripped apart and with three minutes remaining in the half it was four nil as D.Bradley headed in from close range.
The second half was a lot better for us as we didn't concede a goal despite being outplayed. Just before the hour mark we did pull a goal back as S.Harrad finished off a counter attack but that was all from my team. Kidderminster did have one clear cut chance as on the 79th minute my defence might as well not bothered being there but luckily for them J.Reynolds was. Another dire performance and another loss

Kidderminster Harriers 4-1 Matlock Town L.Reilly 14, 33, D.Bradley 28, 42 / S.Harrad 58

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, A.Camm, J.Doyle, M.Williams, M.Templeton (A.Tingay-Kerry) , R.Holland, S.Harrad

Attendance: 1,672 (50)

September 8th:
Chester (H) (6/42)
Yet another poor start saw us a goal down on the 16th minute as J.Archer curled in from outside the area to give J.Reynolds no chance of saving. Eight minutes later they had another chance to score with a rasping shot which stung the fingers of my keeper. It was all Chester and on the 38th minute they had yet another chance to score with a powerful strike which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same and on the 56th minute A.Yates came to the rescue with a brilliant last ditch challenge after the Chester strike force made a mockery of the rest of the defence. However six minutes later my players seemed to remember what football was for a brief second as we countered one of many Chester attacks and R.Holland finished to move to level the scores. After the goal Chester continued the pressure and on the 79th minute they had the final chance of the game with a well struck effort that J.Reynolds tipped round the post to give us our first point of the season

Matlock Town 1-1 Chester R.Holland 62 / J.Archer 16

J.Reynolds, D.Wiley, A.Yates, P.Ayres, J.Doyle, M.Templeton, A.Camm, M.Williams, J.Jackson (A.Tingay-Kerry), R.Holland, M.Newsham (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 660 (328)

September 9th:
The draw for the second qualifying round of the FA Cup has taken place and we have been drawn at home to Worthing

September 15th:
Salford City (H) (7/42)
It was back down to Earth with a bang as Salford took the lead within a minute as M.Faal fired in with a low shot which saw my keeper unable to get close to the ball. Soon after it should have been two nil but the Salford strikers finishing was as bad as my sides defending. We were being pulled apart and on the 36th minute J.Reynolds had to be at full stretch to save the day with a brilliant save.
The second half was much the same however we did score the first goal of the half as R.Holland barged through the defence to slot in under the keeper. On the 72nd minute though Salford retook the lead as J.Mackreth rose above my defence and headed in from ten yards despite two defenders jumping with him. Five minutes later the final goal was scored with L.Hogan finishing off a great team move to make it 3-1 to Salford. Another poor day at the office and the Gladiator fans let us leave the pitch with a chorus of boo's

Matlock Town 1-3 Salford City R.Holland 58 / M.Faal 1, J.Mackreth 72, L.Hogan 77

J.Reynolds, D.Wiley, A.Yates, P.Ayres, J.Doyle, M.Templeton, A.Camm, M.Williams, J.Jackson, R.Holland, M.Newsham (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 493 (140)

September 22nd:
Worthing (H) FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round
The first half wasn't a great spectacle for the fans with little in the way of action. It was Worthing who had the only chance of the half as they broke through my defence with ease on the 42nd minute but J.Reynolds was on hand to block the shot.
The second half wasn't much better for the majority with little action in the attacking thirds. On the 75th minute Worthing piled forward and grabbed the lead as D.Taylor-Crossdale headed in a cross past the outstretched arms of J.Reynolds. Soon after they had another chance but J.Reynolds block the effort with a fine save to deny them. With a minute remaining in the game we were reduced to ten men after A.Yates received a second yellow card which was of course followed by the red. Deep into injury time though we grabbed the equaliser as R.Holland launched a powerful effort from outside the area which beat the keeper to send the tie into a replay.

Matlock Town 1-1 Worthing R.Holland 90+5 / D.Taylor-Crossdale 75

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, M.Williams, J.Jackson, M.Templeton (A.Tingay-Kerry), A.Camm (S.Harrad), R.Holland

Attendance: 668 (42)

After the game I was informed that A.Yates will miss the next game after his sending off. I have also given him a formal warning regarding this, which he accepted

September 23rd:
The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round sees us facing a home tie against Boston United if we beat Worthing in the replay

• 2 weeks later...

September 25th:
Worthing (A) FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round Replay
Worthing came out strong and on the 14th minute they had the chance to score with a long range effort from outside the area which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. Six minutes later they came close again with a curling effort from ten yards but it didn't curl enough and it went just wide of the post. On the 28th minute Worthing finally grabbed the lead with E.O'Connor heading in from close range after some woeful defending by my whole side. Five minutes later it was two nil with D.Taylor-Crossdale jinking into the area and slotting under J.Reynolds.
The second half was much the same with Worthing dominating and it was made even easier for them as on the 66th minute S.Thompson was sent off for a rash challenge. Six minutes later it was three nil as D.Taylor-Crossdale beat the offside trap and rounded my keeper to slot the ball into the empty net. We weren't getting close to the ball and on the 88th minute Worthing grabbed another goal but the referee ruled it out for a foul on J.Reynolds

Worthing 3-0 Matlock Town E.O'Connor 28, D.Taylor-Crossdale 33, 72 

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, P.Ayres, I.Riley (L.James), M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, M.Williams (J.Jackson), S.Thompson, M.Templeton, R.Holland, A.Camm (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 1,417 (8)

The physio has informed me that A.Camm will be out for around 6-9 days after twisting his knee during the match. S.Thompson will also miss the next match after his sending off, he has also received a formal warning from myself which he accepted

September 26th:
Some political news sees the United Kingdom leaving the European Union, more details on rule changes etc will be announced within the next few weeks

September 29th:
Gainsborough Trinity (A) (9/42)
Gainsborough started the better and it wasn't long till they had the first shot with a rasping effort which went wide of the post. On the 29th minute they had yet another chance as they broke through my defence but J.Reynolds saved well to deny them. 
The second half was six minutes old when Gainsborough coming close from ten yards but P.Ayres reacted well to block the shot. On the hour we finally had our first chance of the game with a powerful effort from R.Holland which saw the Gainsborough keeper at full stretch to save We were beginning to actually play football and on the 73rd minute we grabbed a goal with P.Ayres heading in a J.Jackson free-kick after S.Harrad was brought down. With three minutes remaining in the game we came close to screwing it all up as M.Ellroy failed to clear the ball but luckily for him J.Reynolds saved well to deny them. Finally we won a game

Gainsborough Trinity 0-1 Matlock Town P.Ayres 73

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, P.Ayres, I.Riley (L.James), M.Ellroy, M.Newsham, M.Williams, J.Jackson, M.Templeton, R.Holland, S.Harrad

Monthly Review:
Vanarama National League North: 20th (4pts) -3pts off Safety
FA Cup: Knocked out in 2nd qualifying Round

Bank Balance: £55,605

October 2018:
October 2nd:
Nuneaton Town (A) (10/42)
The first half was all Nuneaton as they piled forward however we managed to hold on till the 36th minute as F.Saralava jinked through my defence with far too much ease and wasted no time in firing under my keeper. With three minutes remaining in the half Nuneaton had another chance with a long range shot which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save.
The second half was thirteen minutes old when we grabbed an undeserved equaliser as M.Newsham curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after R.Holland was brought down. However after the goal Nuneaton controlled the game and on the 77th minute we conceded the winner as F.Saralava ran through my defence like a hot knife through butter and fired under J.Reynolds

Nuneaton Town 2-1 Matlock Town F.Saralava 36, 77 / M.Newsham 58

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, P.Ayres (D.Wiley), I.Riley, C.Chambers, M.Templeton, M.Williams, J.Doyle, J.Jackson, R.Holland (S.Harrad), M.Newsham

Attendance: 412 (29)

October 6th:
Solihull Moors (H) (11/42)
Solihull were by far the better side and on the 19th minute they came close to grabbing a goal with a rasping effort from outside the area but J.Reynolds saved well to deny them. However with ten minutes remaining in the half Solihull grabbed the lead as I.Jackson Jr headed in from close range after some poor midfield play by my side.
The second half wasn't much better as we continued to be battered by the Solihull side however my defence were holding firm. With a minute remaining in the game Solihull grabbed a second goal with a low shot from close range which my keeper should have done better with. The goalscoring wasn't finished as deep into injury time we pulled a goal back to give the fans that had remained something to shot about with M.Newsham doing the honours

Matlock Town 1-2 Solihull Moors M.Newsham 90+2 / I.Jackson Jr 35, 89

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, P.Ayres, I.Riley, J.Doyle, M.Templeton, J.Jackson, M.Williams, S.Thompson, R.Holland, M.Newsham

Attendance: 444 (58)

October 13th:
Darlington  (H) (12/42)
Three minutes into the game we were a goal down with A.Abdo curling in from outside the area. This time though my players reacted well and started to play and on the 33rd minute we grabbed the equaliser with M.Newsham hitting a thunderous effort from ten yards much to the delight of the Causeway Lane crowd.
The second half though was five minutes old when Darlington retook the lead as J.Caton headed in from close range much to dismay of the fans. Again we reacted well and on the 77th minute R.Holland equalised again for us. Deep into injury time though we let ourselves down as J.Caton headed in from a corner to give Darlington all three points.

Matlock Town 2-3 Darlington M.Newsham 33, R.Holland 77 / A.Abdo 3, J.Caton 50, 90+3

J.Reynolds, I.Riley (C.Chambers), P.Ayres, A.Yates, M.Ellroy, L.James, J.Doyle, M.Williams, M.Templeton, R.Holland, M.Newsham (A.Camm)

Attendance: 498 (156)

October 20th: 
Chorley (H) (13/42)
Another poor performance by my players as Chorley controlled the game from the start. On the 16th minute Chorley had the first chance with a powerful strike which had J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. Soon after they came close again after my defence failed to deal with a simple ball but yet again J.Reynolds saved well. On the 33rd minute Chorley finally got the goal they deserved with a rasping effort from M.Hughes which gave my keeper no chance of saving.
The second half wasn't much better for my side as we were battered from start to finish however the Chorley players seemed to be treating it as a training match. Despite this they continued to control and on the stroke of full time they grabbed a second goal with B.Clappison heading in from close range.

Matlock Town 0-2 Chorley M.Hughes 33, B.Clappison 90+2

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, P.Ayres, A.Yates (D.Wiley), M.Ellroy, L.James, J.Doyle, M.Williams, M.Templeton, R.Holland, M.Newsham (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 439 (118)

October 27th:
News has come out regarding the status of the United Kingdom leaving the EU which will take effect on June 25th 2019. It looks like there will be no changes to the work permit situation for European Union players.

Leamington (A) (14/42)
Another week and another loss as my side continues to struggle. Leamington had taken the lead on the 22nd minute as J.Edwards rounded J.Wall and fired into the empty net. On the half hour they came close again but J.Wall saved the day with a brilliant save from the penalty spot.
The second half was all Leamington and if it wasn't for the heroics of J.Wall we would have been several goals down. After the game I laid into the players for their lack of effort throughout the game. I am now seriously getting worried that we will not get out of this rut. However I cant show the players this

Leamington 1-0 Matlock Town J.Edwards 22

J.Wall, P.Ayres, A.Yates, I.Riley, M.Newsham, J.Doyle, J.Jackson (M.Ellroy), M.Williams (S.Thompson), M.Templeton, R.Holland, A.Camm (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 492 (30)

Monthly Review:
Vanarama National League North: 22nd (4pts) -7pts off Safety

Bank Balance: £44,483

3 hours ago, mark wilson27 said:

October 27th:
News has come out regarding the status of the United Kingdom leaving the EU which will take effect on June 25th 2019. It looks like there will be no changes to the work permit situation for European Union players.

Leamington (A) (14/42)
Another week and another loss as my side continues to struggle. Leamington had taken the lead on the 22nd minute as J.Edwards rounded J.Wall and fired into the empty net. On the half hour they came close again but J.Wall saved the day with a brilliant save from the penalty spot.
The second half was all Leamington and if it wasn't for the heroics of J.Wall we would have been several goals down. After the game I laid into the players for their lack of effort throughout the game. I am now seriously getting worried that we will not get out of this rut. However I cant show the players this

Leamington 1-0 Matlock Town J.Edwards 22

J.Wall, P.Ayres, A.Yates, I.Riley, M.Newsham, J.Doyle, J.Jackson (M.Ellroy), M.Williams (S.Thompson), M.Templeton, R.Holland, A.Camm (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 492 (30)

Monthly Review:
Vanarama National League North: 22nd (4pts) -7pts off Safety

Bank Balance: £44,483

7 points from safety! Getting cut adrift at the moment. It will be interesting to see if you can pull the team out of the mud and to safety. 

Pechorin - Hopefully I can get the players out of the sticky stuff...its not looking good though

Rien- Ouch isn't the word for it

November 2018:
November 3rd:
Southport (A) (15/42)
Another day another poor performance as Southport dominated and on the 11th minute they took the lead with a rasping effort from M.Cunningham which gave J.Wall no chance to save. Three minutes later it was two nil with a low shot from the same player which J.Wall failed to get down too. Just after the half hour it was three nil as D.Charles rattled in off the upright after my side failed to get close to the player. On the stroke of half time we pulled a goal back as L.James curled in from outside the area.
The second half wasn't much better as Southport dominated and on the 73rd minute they grabbed the fourth and final goal as K.Hodsgrove ran through my defence with real ease and fired under J.Wall to complete the rout.

Southport 4-1 Matlock Town M.Cunningham 11, 14, D.Charles 31, K.Hodsgrove 73 / L.James 45+1

J.Wall, A.Yates, P.Ayres, I.Riley, J.Doyle, M.Williams, L.James, M.Newsham, M.Templeton (S.Thompson), A.Camm (S.Harrad), R.Holland

Attendance: 1,058 (40)

November 4th:
I have been offered the chance to be interviewed for the vacant Altrincham, Kingstonian, and Basingstoke Town job, I have refused all the offers as I want to try and get Matlock out of the mire.

November 10th:
Harrogate Town (H) (16/42)
Harrogate piled forward from the start and on the 14th minute they took the lead as M.Beck headed in from close range after my defence let a corner fly over their heads. Just after the half hour they came close to scoring another goal but J.Reynolds saved brilliantly from outside the area. 
The second half was all Harrogate and on the 53rd minute J.Doherty made it two nil with a rasping low effort which clipped in off the upright after some poor defending by D.Wiley. Harrogate kept up the pressure and with six minutes remaining in the game the referee saved us from a third goal after A.Yates was adjudged to have been fouled

Matlock Town 0-2 Harrogate Town M.Beck 14, J.Doherty 53

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, A.Yates, D.Wiley, M.Ellroy, S.Thompson, J.Doyle, M.Williams, L.James, M.Templeton, R.Holland (A.Camm)

Attendance: 346 (71)

November 10th:
Harrogate Town (H) (16/42)
Harrogate piled forward from the start and on the 14th minute they took the lead as M.Beck headed in from close range after my defence let a corner fly over their heads. Just after the half hour they came close to scoring another goal but J.Reynolds saved brilliantly from outside the area. 
The second half was all Harrogate and on the 53rd minute J.Doherty made it two nil with a rasping low effort which clipped in off the upright after some poor defending by D.Wiley. Harrogate kept up the pressure and with six minutes remaining in the game the referee saved us from a third goal after A.Yates was adjudged to have been fouled

Matlock Town 0-2 Harrogate Town M.Beck 14, J.Doherty 53

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, A.Yates, D.Wiley, M.Ellroy, S.Thompson, J.Doyle, M.Williams, L.James, M.Templeton, R.Holland (A.Camm)

Attendance: 346 (71)

November 17th:
King's Lynn Town (A) (17/42)
Eight minutes into the game King's Lynn  took the lead as O.Edinburgh fired in from six yards after A.Yates failed to deal with a simple cross. Soon after they had another chance to score with a thunderous effort which rattled in off the upright. We were being battered and on the stroke of half time we went a further goal down as M.Templeton diverted a powerful strike past J.Wall for an own goal.
The second half was six minutes old when B.Hirst made it three nil with a brave header which beat J.Wall. On the 57th minute it was four goals with B.Hirst grabbing a second goal as he beat my defence to a loose ball. King's Lynn were controlling the game with ease and on the 61st minute it was five nil with a well worked team move which saw my side ripped apart. King's Lynn carried on the pressure but we managed to prevent any further goals

King's Lynn Town 5-0 Matlock Town O.Edinburgh 8, 61, M.Templeton 45+1 og, B.Hirst 51, 57

J.Wall, J.Doyle, P.Ayres, A.Yates, A.Hancock, L.James, M.Templeton, M.Newsham, A.Tingay-Kerry, R.Holland, S.Harrad

Attendance: 587 (23)

November 18th:
The draw for the FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Shaw Lane

November 24th:
Stockport County (A) (18/42)
I wasn't expecting much from this game with Stockport in pretty good form but on the 19th minute we grabbed the lead as A.Camm hit home from a M.Templeton cross. Soon after though Stockport came close to equalising with a powerful strike which stung the fingers of J.Reynolds. On the 36th minute we had another chance to score with L.James heading just over the crossbar after the Stockport defence failed to deal with a M.Williams cross.
The second half saw us keeping the ball better than we have in previous games and on the 64th minute A.Camm fired the ball straight at the keeper even though half an inch either side would have seen a goal. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we grabbed a second goal with A.Camm jinking through the defence and giving us a vital win

Stockport County 0-2 Matlock Town A.Camm 19, 78

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, J.Doyle, L.James, M.Williams (D.Wiley), M.Templeton, A.Camm, M.Newsham

Attendance: 3,039 (55)

Finally we have won a game after eight attempts. However we seriously need to be winning more frequently other wise we could be deep in the proverbial

November 25th:
More details regarding the United Kingdom leaving the EU sees no changes in the work permit system for EU players

Monthly Review:
Vanarama National League North: 22nd (7pts) -8pts off Safety
FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying Round v Shaw Lane

Bank Balance: £25,400

December 2018:
December 1st:
Shaw Lane (H) FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round
Not the start to the month I wanted as A.Hurst gave Shaw Lane the lead on the 15th minute with a powerful strike which gave J.Reynolds no chance of saving. Ten minutes later it came close to two nil but J.Reynolds was on hand to block the shot. It was too easy for Shaw Lane as they piled forward and on the 42nd minute J.Reynolds again came to our rescue with a brilliant save from close range.
The second half was all Shaw Lane again as they piled forward at every chance and on the hour we had P.Ayres to thank as he slid in a cleared the ball off the line. We weren't getting near Shaw Lane and with nine minutes remaining in the game D.Owusu made it two-nil to Shaw Lane to see us out of the FA Trophy

Matlock Town 0-2 Shaw Lane A.Hurst 15, D.Owusu 81

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, L.James, J.Doyle, M.Williams, A.Tingay-Kerry (S.Thompson), A.Camm (R.Holland), M.Newsham

Attendance: 318 (37)

December 4th:
FC Halifax Town (H) (19/42)
Halifax piled forward from the start and on the 18th minute they took the lead as B.Tomlinson headed in from a corner which my defence failed to deal with. Ten minutes later it was two nil with B.Tomlinson grabbed another goal after my side didn't even come close to stopping him. On the 32nd minute we were three goals down with B.Tomlinson completing his hat-trick with a devastating shot from outside the area. With three minutes remaining in the half B.Tomlinson made it 4-0 with a low shot into the bottom corner.
The second half was much better for us as we didn't concede a goal however on the 67th minute we grabbed a goal back with our first and only attack of the game. M.Newsham was the scorer. With seven minutes remaining in the game Halifax had their last chance with a curling shot which rattled the crosssbar.

Matlock Town 1-4 FC Halifax Town M.Newsham 67 / B.Tomlinson 18, 28, 32, 42

J.Reynolds, I.Riley, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, L.James, J.Doyle, M.Williams, A.Tingay-Kerry (R.Holland), A.Camm, M.Newsham

Attendance: 378 (65)

December 8th:
I have been given the chance to have an interview with Oxford City regarding the vacant managers job, I have refused the offer despite the fact some reports have my job at pretty insecure

Alfreton Town (H) (20/42)
Alfreton came at us from the start and on the 7th minute we had J.Reynolds to thank as he saved what was a sure fire goal. They kept on piling forward and just before the half hour L.Knight gave Alfreton the lead with a powerful strike which gave J.Reynolds no chance of saving. We never got near the ball in the first half.
The second half wasn't much better as we were outplayed in every third. Despite the constant pressure it took till the 84th minute for Alfreton to score the killer goal as R.Woodcock headed in from a corner

Matlock Town 0-2 Alfreton Town L.Knight 26, R.Woodcock 84

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, M.Williams, M.Templeton, L.James, A.Camm, M.Newsham, R.Holland

Attendance: 9156 (440)

December 18th:
Boston United (A) (21/42)
Seven minutes into the game we went a goal down as A.Eisa fired in from the penalty spot after A.Yates fouled in the area. Boston piled on the pressure and on the 21st minute they added a second goal with K.Tshimanga jinking through the defence and wasted no time in firing in under J.Reynolds. On the stroke of half time we went a further goal down as A.Eisa hit home from the penalty spot again after a handball by M.Ellroy.
The second half was ten minutes old when J.Margetts rose above the defence and headed in from a corner. We were being outplayed with ease and on the 59th minute J.Margetts grabbed a second goal with a powerful strike from outside the area. The pressure was relentless however on the stroke of full time we pulled a goal back as S.Harrad bit a speculative effort over the keeper and into the net to make it 5-1.

Boston United 5-1 Matlock Town A.Eisa 7 pen, 45+1 pen, K.Tshimanga 21, J.Margetts 55, 59 / S.Harrad 90

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres (D.Wiley), M.Ellroy, M.Williams, M.Templeton, L.James, A.Camm, M.Newsham, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 949 (35)

Archived