It's all in a good Cause, Way down in Derbyshire

mark wilson27

I will be loosely following the Youth Academy Challenge that @neilhoskins77 is doing. I have loaded down the Tier 12 again with the help of Mr.Hoskins. Unlike the rules he is following I have started without holidaying and began at my home town club Matlock Town FC. I will not be buying players in or bringing in loan players.
No In Game editor has been activated.

Matlock Town were formed in 1878 and play there home games at Causeway Lane, even though at the moment of writing it is called the “Proctors Car” Stadium. They have won quite a few trophies in the lower leagues, however their claim to fame is beating Scarborough during the 1974/75 season to win the FA Trophy at Wembley.

Season One 2017/18
June 2017:
So I have taken over my local side Matlock Town who are a Semi Professional Club and currently play in the Evo-Stick League Premier Division, Tier 7 of the English Pyramid. (Competition Reputation 178). The clubs finance is currently standing at £20,020, the wage budget is at £1,284 but we are spending £1,570 per week

The squad isnt too bad and is as follows:
Goalkeepers:
Phil Barnes (Age 38), Jason Reynolds (16)

Defenders:
Adam Yates (Pos: DRC, 29), Dwayne Wiley (DC, 25), Mykel Ellroy (DL, 16), Joe Doyle (D/WBR, 21), Kieran Wallace (D/WB/ML, 22), Matty Templeton (D/WB/M/AML, 20), Jake Green (DL/MRL, 23)

Midfielders:
Michael Williams (MRLC, 23), Harry Vince (M/AMC, 18) (player on loan when joined), Ted Cribley (ML/AMLC, 27), Luis Rose (AML, 19), Marc Newsham (AMC/STC, 30), Curtis Morrison (AMR/STC, 19) (player on loan when joined), Jamie Jackson (AMRL/STC, 31)

Attackers:
Shaun Harrad (STC, 32), Harry Limb (STC, 17) (player on loan when joined)

Before the pre-season started the Chairman Tom Wright has stated what he and the board expect for the forthcoming season. The expectations are as follows:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: Attempt to avoid relegation
FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round
FA Trophy: 2nd Qualifying Round
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: 3rd Round

June 27th:
I decided that it would be a good idea for me to do an inter squad friendly so I can have a look at some of the younger players in the squad. The game was pretty good with the senior side winning 3-1 thanks to goals from M.Williams, M.Newsham and J.Green. The only goal scored by the under 23's was by M.Crooks

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 2017:
July 1st:
Tom Wright has announced that the club has received a new kit sponsorship deal worth £2,500 per year over the two year deal

July 3rd:
I have brought in a new coach with 33yr old Eddie Knowles joining the club, another addition is 27yr old Tyler Shaw who has become our new physio. The final signing of the day sees 41yr old Marc Wesley joining us as Head of Youth Development, which will be pretty important for the club.

July 4th:
Several players have signed new deals with the club, Michael Williams has signed a two year contract, Joe Doyle has signed for another two years. Adam Yates has signed till 2019 with Marc Newsham and Shaun Harrad doing the same.
I have also increased the contract of assistant  manager Craig Hopkins who will be with the club till 2019.

July 5th:
We faced our first real friendly of the pre-season with Derby County visiting Causeway Lane, We played pretty well despite losing 2-0 with goals from T.Huddlestone and S.Winnall.

July 8th:
Our next friendly sees us facing Scottish side Motherwell. Motherwell dominated the game with ease as they beat us 3-0 with P.Barnes scoring an own goal and a brace from R.Bowman.

July 11th:
Our next friendly sees us facing local side FC Bolsover. We easily beat them 5-1 with H.Limb, C.Morrison scoring a goal each. S.Thompson was the star of the show as he scored a hat-trick. T Logan scored Bolsovers goal. However the game saw us losing the service of H.Vince for around six weeks after damaging his knee cap during the game.

July 15th:
We now faced our annual friendly against Chesterfield and we played well in front of the 1,599 crowd. The game ended in a 1-1 draw with C.Morrison scoring for us and J.Brown scoring for Chesterfield

July 22nd:
Our next friendly sees us facing Burton Albion and in truth we didn't really perform as we were well beaten 4-1. M.Williams grabbed our only goal. L.Akins scored one for Burton with M.Sordell grabbing a hat-trick for Burton

July 26th:
The next friendly saw us facing League Two side Morecambe and we again played well and only went down 2-0 thanks to two late goals from I.Lawton and G.Thompson

July 31st:
I have been asked to pick the club captain and vice captain for the forthcoming season. I have selected Adam Yates as my captain and Shaun Harrad as my vice captain.
We faced our next friendly with Colne being the opponents. We played ok but only managed to draw 1-1 with S.Harrad scoring our goal. Colnes goal was scored by P.Rogers.

August 2017:
August 5th:
Coalville Town (H) (Evo-Stick League Premier Division) (1/46)
A brilliant start saw A.Yates giving us the lead with a thunderous header which gave the keeper no chance of saving. It got even better for us as on the 4th minute C.Morrison hit the back of the net with a well struck shot from just inside the area. We were all over them but failed to add to our tally in the first half. 
The second half was ten minutes old when we added goal number three as H.Vince beat the offside trap to slot home under the onrushing keeper. We carried on the pressure and with twelve minutes remaining in the game M.Templeton added our fourth and final goal with a simple shot from close range, however during the celebrations he managed to hurt his groin muscle and had to be replaced

Matlock Town 4-0 Coalville Town A.Yates 1, C.Morrison 4, H.Vince 55, M.Templeton 78

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams, C.Morrison, H.Vince (T.Cribley), M.Templeton (M.Newsham), H.Limb

Attendance: 335 (13 away)

Injury news sees M.Templeton our for a few days after pulling his groin

August 6th:
Tom Wright  has informed me that we have managed to sell 100 season tickets, which isnt too shabby.

It's going to be tough Rien, but hopefully my home town team can cope. Glad to have you along sir

August 9th:
Whitby Town (A) (2/46)
We again made a great start as on the 4th minute M.Williams fired a thunderous effort into the top corner. Eleven minutes later it was two nil with H.Limb running in from the wing and firing past the keepers foot. We were controlling the game with ease but on the 39th minute we were forced into a change as S.Harrad came on for the injured H.Limb.
The second half was much the same with Whitby offering little in the way of pressure. On the 67th minute we were awarded a penalty after M.Templeton was hauled down in the area, S.Harrad stepped up and fired past the outstretched arms of the keeper. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we added a fourth goal as S.Harrad showed some pace to beat the defence and he wasted no time in firing in past the keeper.

Whitby Town 0-4 Matlock Town M.Williams 4, H.Limb 15, S.Harrad 67 pen, 78

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), J.Green, M.Williams, C.Morrison, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Limb (inj 39-S.Harrad)

Attendance: 266 (16)

After the game I was informed that M.Ellroy will be out for 8-11 days with a gashed head and H.Limb will be out for around 5-6 weeks after spraining his ankle ligaments

August 10th:
The draw for the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 2nd Round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Newcastle Town

August 12th:
Stalybridge Celtic (H) (3/46)
After the good start to the season we came down with a bump and on the 14th minute J.Chapell headed in for Stalybridge after my defence failed to deal with a simple cross. Soon after they had another chance with a long range effort which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. We weren't getting anything from the ball and on the stroke of half time we went a further goal down as J.Charles rattled in from just inside the area.
The second half was much the same as Stalybridge piled forward however J.Reynolds was the star of the show with a string of brilliant saves. We did have the one chance in the second half as M.Newsham rounded the Stalybridge keeper but he somehow managed to shoot the ball wide of the post much to the dismay of the crowd.

Matlock Town 0-2 Stalybridge Celtic J.Chapell 14, J.Charles 45

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams (L.Rose), C.Morrison, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (M.Newsham)

Attendance: 391 (14)

August 15th:
Hednesford Town (A) (4/46)
We started better than the last game and on the 22nd minute we took the lead as D.Wiley headed in a corner from J.Jackson after C.Morrison's effort was tipped round the post. Twelve minutes later we had another chance as M.Templeton rattled the crossbar with a thunderous effort which beat the keeper. Just before the break Hednesford came close with their first chance  as they beat the offside trap but J.Reynolds saved well to deny them.
The second half was ten minutes old when we had our next chance as H.Vince tried his luck from outside the area but the ball clipped the wrong side of the post. Their was one last chance in the game as on the 84th minute C.Morrison headed straight into the keepers arms when it was easier for him to score.

Hednesford Town 0-1 Matlock Town D.Wiley 22

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams (T.Cripley), J.Jackson, H.Vince, M.Templeton, C.Morrison

Attendance: 460 (19)

August 19th:
Lancaster City (A) (5/46)
We got off to a great start as on the 12th minute M.Templeton rattled in from outside the area. However three minutes later Lancaster pulled a goal back as H.Waterhouse slotted in from close range after some poor defending. On the 34th minute the next goal was scored with H.Waterhouse grabbed his second of the game with a low shot which J.Reynolds should've done better to save.
The second half began better for Lancaster as they piled on the pressure and on the 69th minute J.Westwood rose above the defence and headed in from close range after my defence went AWOL again. Thirteen minutes later though we pulled a goal back as J.Green tapped in from six yards after the Lancaster keeper failed to deal with a simple shot. We piled on the pressure and a minute into injury time we pulled level as C.Morrison jinked into the area and fired under the onrushing keeper to earn us a share of the points

Lancaster City 3-3 Matlock Town H.Waterhouse 15, 34, J.Westwood 69 / M.Templeton 12, J.Green 82, C.Morrison 90+1

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams (M.Newsham), J.Jackson, H.Vince (R.Holland), M.Templeton, C.Morrison

Attendance 208 (21)

August 20th:
The draw for the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round sees us facing an away tie against either Chalfont St.Peter or Barton Rovers

August 22nd:
We will be facing Barton Rovers on the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round after they beat Chalfont St.Peter 2-1

August 23rd:
Altrincham (H) (6/46)
A dire first half saw little in the way of action as neither my side or the Altrincham side managed to string more than a couple of passes together.
The second half was alittle better as we managed to pass the ball but on the 69th minute it was Altrincham who scored first as J.Hulme curled the ball into the top corner of the net after beating the defence with ease. Seven minutes later though we levelled the scores with a powerful strike from J.Jackson which gave the keeper little chance of saving. With a minute remaining in the game Altrincham had the chance to score with a thunderous effort but J.Reynolds managed to tip the ball onto the crossbar 

Matlock Town 1-1 Altrincham J.Jackson 76 / J.Hulme 69

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams (M.Newsham), J.Jackson, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (R.Holland)

Attendance: 413 (105)

August 26th:
Farsley Athletic (A) (7/46)
 We made a cracking start as on the 6th minute M.Williams dinked the ball over the keeper after running onto a H.Vince through-ball. Soon after we had another chance as J.Green headed straight against the keeper when it was easier to score. On the 27th  minute it was two nil as A.Yates rose above the defence and headed a C.Morrison cross past the keeper.
The second half was much the same as we controlled the game and the 66th minute we made it three nil as J.Jackson jinked through the defence and slotted home past the keeper. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with a long range effort from C.Morrison which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. With nine minutes remaining in the game  Farsley pulled a goal back with L.Parkin rattling in from ten yards.

Farsley Athletic 1-3 Matlock Town L.Parkin 81 / M.Williams 6, A.Yates 27, J.Jackson 66

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), J.Green, M.Williams, C.Morrison, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 206 (28)

August 29th:
My assistant manager has started his coaching course to earn his National A Coaching Licence, it will take him hopefully at most four months to earn and the club will be paying the £600 fee.  Also my coach Eddie Knowles will be taking his Continental Pro License, which will take around a year to do and has cost the club £6,000 to do.

August 30th:
Mickleover Sports (H) (8/46)
Nine minutes into the game we took the lead as H.Vince hit a powerful effort towards goal which beat the keeper into the top corner. It didn't take long till we had another chance with M.Williams coming close from ten yards but the keeper saved well with ease. On the 26th minute we made it two nil as M.Templeton showed some skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper.
The second half saw us continuing the pressure and on the hour mark we had another chance with L.Rose rattling the upright from twelve yards. We never let Mickleover get near the ball however we just couldn't convert our chances and had to settle with the two nil win

Matlock Town 2-0 Mickleover Sports H.Vince 9, M.Templeton 26

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Green, M.Williams, C.Morrison (L.Rose), H.Vince (J.Jackson), M.Templeton, S.Harrad (R.Holland)

Attendance: 443 (42)

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 2nd (17pts) -1pt
FA Cup: 1st Qualifying Rd v Barton United
FA Trophy: Not Entered yet
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: 2nd Rd v Newcastle Town

Bank Balance: £41,925

September 2017:
September 2nd:
Barton Rovers (A) FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round
A terrible start saw us a goal down within three minutes as R.Dickinson ran through my defence with real ease and fired under J.Wall. Soon after they had another chance as my defence again failed to deal with a simple ball but J.Wall saved well. On the 32nd minute Barton came close to grabbing their second goal with a thunderous effort which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Five minutes later Barton grabbed a second goal from the penalty spot after D.Wiley fouled in the area.
The second half was twelve minutes left when Barton had another chance as they beat the offside trap but J.Wall managed to save well to deny them a deserved third goal. We finally had our first chance of the game as on the 67th minute M.Templeton crossed into the area but S.Harrad failed to connect with the cross and the ball went out. Barton were the dominant side but on the 83rd minute we managed to pull a goal back as S.Harrad was brought down in the area, M.Newsham stepped up and fired the resulting penalty into the top of the corner of the net.

Barton Rover 2-1 Matlock Town R.Dickinson 3, M.Burke 37 pen / M.Newsham 83 pen

J.Wall, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, M.Ellroy, L.Rose, T.Cribley, J.Green (H.Vince), M.Newsham, M.Templeton, R.Holland (S.Harrad)

Attendance: 464 (18)

September 3rd:
Transfer news sees young full back Jake Green joining Curzon Ashton on a free transfer after he rejected several contract offers from myself

We really should've beaten Barton but it wasn't meant to be

September 6th:
Warrington Town (H) (9/46)
Ten minutes into the game we had the first chance with a long range effort from T.Cribley which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. It didn't take long till we had another shot on goal with H.Vince rattling the ball straight into the keepers arms. Just before the break we came close with S.Harrad firing wide of the post when it was easier to score.
The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward but for all the pressure we had we just couldn't get the ball into the back of the net.

Matlock Town 0-0 Warrington Town

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, M.Williams (H.Limb), T.Cribley, C.Morrison, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 323 (16)

September 9th:
Ashton United (A) (10/46)
We started well again as within a minute we had the chance to score but S.Harrad fired wide of the post when it was easier to score. On the 19th minute M.Templeton came close with a powerful effort which stung the hands of the keeper. Seven minutes later though Ashton Utd took the lead with a great counter attack which saw D.Pilkington firing past J.Reynolds. With three minutes remaining in the half we had our next chance with C.Morrison doing the honours but his effort was easily saved.
The second half was much the same as we controlled the play and on the hour we had another chance but M.Templeton failed to connect with the ball properly and the ball went high and wide of the goal. On the 69th minute though we went a further goal down as J.Reynolds fluffed a clearance and S.Goddard tapped in from close range. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had the final chance to score with M.Newsham failing to hit the target from close range. I was far from pleased with the performance of my team in general. Not a good day at the office 

Ashton United 2-0 Matlock Town D.Pilkington 26, S.Goddard 69

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, M.Newsham, T.Cribley, C.Morrison, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (H.Limb)

Attendance: 195 (28)

September 13th:
Stafford Rangers (H) (11/46)
We were by far the better side in the first half and on the 19th minute we took the lead with H.Limb rattling in from just inside the area. Six minutes later we were two goal up with S.Harrad firing in from the penalty spot after H.Limb was hauled down in the area. It was becoming far too easy and on the 38th minute S.Harrad grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike which gave the keeper little chance of saving.
The second half started much the same and on the 58th minute it was four nil as M.Williams curled the ball into the top corner of the net. After the goal though we relaxed alittle and with fifteen minutes remaining in the game O.Abadaki beat the offside trap and fired in under J.Reynolds. Stafford brought another goal back with A.Jones heading in from a great cross. Luckily for us we had given ourselves a good lead before we relaxed

Matlock Town 4-2 Stafford Rangers H.Limb 19, S.Harrad 25 pen, 38, M.Williams 58 / O.Abadaki 75, A.Jones 81

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson (R.Holland), M.Williams, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad, H.Limb (C.Morrison)

Attendance 363 (34)

September 19th:
Newcastle Town (A) Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 2nd Rd
Seven minutes into the game we were a goal down as L.Askey beat my defence to an easy ball and fired under J.Reynolds. On the 21st minute Newcastle Town had another chance with a long range effort which beat my keeper but luckily for us not the crossbar, Ten minutes later we finally had our next chance as S.Harrad tried his luck from outside the area but the Newcastle keeper saved with ease. With two minutes remaining in the half we levelled the scores as A.Yates headed in a M.Williams corners after H.Limb's initial effort was well saved
The second half wasn't the greatest of forty five minutes for the few attending fans with only one real half as M.Templeton rattled the upright from twelve yards when it was easier to score.
The game went into extra time and on the 97th minute Newcastle were awarded a penalty after D.Wiley handled in the area, the Newcastle striker stepped up but J.Reynolds guessed right and save the penalty. On the 107th minute the winning goal was scored with R.Holland running through the defence to send my side through to the next round. A bit of a lucky escape in my eyes 

Newcastle Town 1-2 Matlock Town L.Askey 7 / A.Yates 43, R.Holland 107

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson, M.Williams, H.Vince (M.Newsham), M.Templeton, S.Harrad, H.Limb (R.Holland)

Attendance: 77 (12)

September 21st:
The draw for the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Stourbridge.
Other news sees D.Wiley commit his future to the club for another year

September 23rd:
Witton Albion (H) (12/46)
Three minutes into the game we took the lead as M.Templeton ran into the area with ease and fired under the keeper. It didn't take too long till we grabbed goal number two as S.Harrad headed in a H.Vince cross on the 19th minute minute. We were all over Witton and on the 36th minute M.Williams curled a great effort in from outside the area. Four minutes later we grabbed goal number four as H.Limb made easy work of the defence and slotted in under the keeper. With two minutes remaining in the half we grabbed another goal as H.Limb jinked past the defence and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net.
The second half was alittle quieter as we controlled the game with ease but without pressing forward. However on the 67th minute we grabbed goal number six with A.Yates heading in a J.Jackson corner after R.Holland's initial effort was tipped round the post.. There was one final goal in the game as R.Hopley hit home from ten yards to give the Witton Albion fans something to cheer about

Matlock Town 6-1 Witton Albion M.Templeton 3, S.Harrad 19, M.Williams 36, H.Limb 40, 43, A.Yates 67 / R.Hopley 76

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson, M.Williams, H.Vince (T.Cribley), M.Templeton, S.Harrad, H.Limb (R.Holland)

Attendance: 367 (24)

September 25th:
I have been informed that H.Limb will be out for around a fortnight after gashing his leg during training

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 3rd (24pts) -3pts
FA Cup: Knocked Out in 1st Qualifying Rd 
FA Trophy: Not Entered yet
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: 3rd Rd v Stourbridge

Bank Balance: £32,880

October 2017:
October 3rd:
Nantwich Town (A) (13/46)
Six minutes into the game we took the lead as H.Limb beat the offside trap and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the 14th minute it was two nil with D.Wiley showing great vision to see the keeper of his line and lobbed him from 40 odd yards. Five minutes later it was three nil with H.Limb grabbing his second goal of the game and our third goal. We carried on the pressure for the rest of the half but failed to get a deserved fourth goal.
The second half was a none event as my side seemed to treat it like a training match and we failed to register a single effort towards goal. After the game I went mad with the players and let them know what I thought of their second half performance

Nantwich Town 0-3 Matlock Town H.Limb 6, 19, D.Wiley 14

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson, M.Williams, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad, H.Limb (R.Holland)

Attendance: 205 (14)

October 7th:
Barwell (H) (14/46)
The game was seven minutes old when my side grabbed the lead as J.Jackson jinked through the area and fired with pace under the onrushing keeper. On the 21st minute we had another chance as M.Williams curled the ball into the area but H.Limb headed wide of the post. Just before the break we had yet another chance with H.Limb rattling the upright from close range.
The second half was a minute old when Barwell scored as E.Nisevic diverted a M.Templeton effort past his own keeper for an own goal. We carried on the forward pressure and on the 68th minute S.Harrad grabbed our third goal with a powerful strike from outside the area which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Their was one more effort in the game with three minutes remaining as H.Vince beat the offside trap but the final effort was as poor as the Barwell defending and it went well wide of the post.

Matlock Town 3-0 Barwell J.Jackson 7, E.Nisevic 46 og, S.Harrad 68

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson, M.Williams, H.Vince, M.Templeton, S.Harrad (T.Cribley), H.Limb (M.Newsham)

Attendance: 357 (9)

After the game the physio informed me that S.Harrad will be out for around 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle

October 8th:
The draw for the FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Weymouth

October 10th:
Rushall Olympic (A) (15/46)
Six minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as R.Holland barged into the area and fired in past the keeper. However after the goal my players sat back and failed to register a simple effort on target throughout the first half.
The second half was ten minutes old when we finally had our next chance as H.Limb ran through the defence with ease but his final effort went just wide of the post. On the 77th minute the final chance of the occurred as H.Limb rose above the defence and headed a H.Vince cross just over the crossbar.

Rushall Olympic 0-1 Matlock Town R.Holland 6

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, J.Jackson, M.Williams, H.Vince, M.Templeton, R.Holland, H.Limb

Attendance: 272 (17)

October 14th:
Grantham Town (A) (16/46)
It was Grantham who took the early lead this time as on the 11th minute L.Shaw curled the ball into the top corner to send the few people in the crowd wild. Ten minutes later they had another chance as my defence failed to deal with a simple cross but J.Reynolds managed to save the day with a fine save. Grantham carried on the forward pressure and on the 41st minute J.Reynolds again saved the day with a world class save.
The second half was much the same with Grantham piling forward and on the 63rd minute they tore my defence apart again with a great team move but J.Reynolds saved well again. Twelve minutes later we finally had our first effort as M.Newsham headed straight into the keepers arms from a M.Williams cross. With nine minute remaining in the game we grabbed the equaliser as H.Limb slotted in from close range after the Grantham keeper flapped at a C.Morrison shot. An undeserved point

Grantham Town 1-1 Matlock Town L.Shaw 11 / H.Limb 81

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, R.Holland (M.Newsham), H.Limb

Attendance: 192 (39)

October 17th:
Buxton (A) (17/46)
A cracking start for us as H.Limb fired in from close range to send the 63 away fans going wild. On the 21st minute we had another chance with H.Limb again coming close from just inside the area but the Buxton keeper saved well. Twelve minutes later the Buxton keeper saved his side from a thunderous effort from M.Templeton. We were all over Buxton and on the 42nd minute C.Morrison tested the keeper with a low shot which saw the keeper tipping the ball around the post.
The second half though was all Buxton as they piled forward and on the 68th minute A.Taylor curled a brilliant shot past J.Reynolds and into the top corner. Ten minutes later they had another chance as they split my defence apart but A.Yates slid in brilliantly to deny them a chance on goal. With nine minutes remaining though Buxton grabbed the winner as S.Bertie hit home from ten yards to give the Buxton fans the bragging rights

Buxton 2-1 Matlock Town A.Taylor 68, S.Bertie 81 / H.Limb 6

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, R.Holland (J.Jackson), H.Limb

Attendance: 362 (63)

October 21st:
Sutton Coldfield Town (H) (18/46)
The game was fourteen minutes old when a poor clearance by J.Reynolds was intercepted and G.Abadaki fired in under the keeper. However my players reacted well and on the 27th minute we were awarded a penalty after H.Limb was hauled down in the area, C.Morrison stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. Nine minutes later we took the lead as H.Limb jinked through the defence and slotted in past the Sutton keeper. We were controlling the game.
The second half was twelve minutes old when we added another goal as H.Limb grabbed his second of the game with a powerful strike which gave the Sutton keeper little chance of saving. We carried on the pressure and on the 69th minute we had another chance with H.Limb failing to complete his hat-trick after beating the keeper to a loose ball. With a minute remaining in the game the final goal was scored with R.Holland heading in a M.Williams cross to give us a good 4-1 victory.

Matlock Town 4-1 Sutton Coldfield Town C.Morrison 27 pen, H.Limb 36, 57, R.Holland 89 / G.Abadaki 14

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley (J.Jackson), M.Templeton, R.Holland, H.Limb

Attendance: 350 (9)

October 23rd:
Some contract news sees young Keeper Jason Reynolds signing a new two year contract with the club

It wasn't what I wanted but lucky it wasn't in front of the home fans otherwise I might have been strung up

October 28th:
Weymouth (A) FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round
Two minutes into the game we went a goal down as B.Goodship slotted in from close range after beating my defence with ease. On the 9th minute it was two nil with J.Watkins curling in from outside the area which gave J.Reynolds little too no chance of saving. Ten minutes later it was three nil as J.Watkins fired in his second of the game. It was becoming far too easy for the Weymouth side and on the 37th minute J.Reynolds saved the day with a low save from a long range effort.
The second half was four minutes old when my players reacted well to my half time words as R.Holland slotted in from just inside the area. On the 56th minute we pulled a further goal back with R.Holland grabbing his second of the game with a powerful effort. However after the goal my players seemed to fall asleep and the Weymouth side started to pile forward and their pressure paid off as on the stroke of full time J.McCarthy fired in under J.Reynolds to send us out of the FA Trophy

Weymouth 4-2 Matlock Town B.Goodship 2, J.Watkins 9, 19, J.McCarthy 90+1 / R.Holland 49, 56

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, R.Holland, H.Limb (M.Newsham)

Attendance: 426 (9)

October 31st:
Marine (A) (19/46)
We dominated the game with ease and on the 18th minute we took the lead as H.Limb thundered the ball in from outside the area to give the keeper little chance of saving. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with M.Williams stinging the keeper s hands. It was far too easy for us however we failed to add to our tally in the first forty five minutes.
The second half was eight minutes old as H.Vince curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after H.Limb was brought down on the way too goal. We carried on the pressure and on the 64th minute M.Newsham came close with a low shot which beat the keeper but went just wide of the post. Eight minutes later goal number three was scored as H.Limb rose above the defence and headed a T.Cribley cross into the back of the net. Just before the final whistle we had one last chance to score with H.Limb failing to complete his hat-trick from six yards

Marine 0-3 Matlock Town H.Limb 18, 72, H.Vince 53

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle (M.Ellroy), A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams (H.Vince), T.Cribley, M.Templeton, M.Newsham, H.Limb

Attendance: 208 (12)

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 2nd (40pts) -7pts
FA Trophy:Knocked Out in 1st Qualifying Rd 
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: 3rd Rd v Stourbridge

Bank Balance: £12,962

November 2017:
November 1st:
We were informed today that striker Harry Limb has won the Northern Premier League Premier Division Young Player of the Month

November 4th:
Halesowen Town (H) (20/46)
My side controlled the first half and on the 15th minute we had our first chance as M.Williams curled the ball into the area but M.Newsham's header went wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as T.Cribley hit a powerful effort from outside the area towards goal but the Halesowen keeper saved well to deny him. On the stroke of half time we had yet another chance with C.Morrison curling the ball towards the top corner however the ball didn't curl enough and clipped the corner of the net.
The second half was a minute old when we finally got the opening goal with H.Limb doing the honours from six yards after beating the defence to a T.Cribley cross. On the 64th minute we had yet another chance as L.Rose rattled the crossbar from outside the area after seeing the keeper off the line. With eleven minutes remaining in the game Halesowen levelled the scores with their first effort of the game as B.Clarke finished a counter attack with a fine shot under J.Reynolds. However the away sides joy was short lived as H.Limb grabbed his second of the game with a simple tap in from close range after running onto a M.Newsham low cross.

Matlock Town 2-1 Halesowen Town H.Limb 46, 87 / B.Clarke 79

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton (L.Rose), M.Newsham, H.Limb

Attendance: 369 (26)

November 5th:
Some good injury news sees striker S.Harrad back in full training after being out for the last month with a twisted ankle

November 8th:
Stourbridge (A) Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 3rd Rd
We controlled the game with ease and on the 24th minute we grabbed the lead as H.Limb jinked into the area and fired a M.Williams cross past the keeper. Ten minutes later it should have been two nil but the referee ruled out a S.Harrad goal after he was adjudged to have fouled the keeper. Just before the break we came close again with a thunderous effort from H.Vince which saw the keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and just before the hour we grabbed another goal with M.Templeton doing the honours from outside the area. It was getting to easy and on the 66th minute the final goal of the game was scored with D.Westlake diverting a M.Williams cross past his own keeper to give us a convincing 3-0 win

Stourbridge 0-3 Matlock Town H.Limb 24, M.Templeton 58, D.Westlake 66 og

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison (T.Cribley), H.Vince, M.Williams, M.Templeton, H.Limb, S.Harrad

Attendance: 527 (17)

After the game I was informed that K.Wallace and D.Wiley will miss the next match after both picking up their fifth yellow card of the season

November 9th:
The draw for the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 4th Round has taken place and we will be facing an away tie with South Shields

Hopefully Rien

November 15th:
Workington (H) (21/46)
On the 9th minute we had the first chance with S.Harrad barging into the area but his final effort went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later Workington came close as they hit a long range shot towards goal but J.Reynolds managed to get his hand on the ball and tip it over the crossbar. On the 23rd minute the first goal of the game was scored with S.Allison running in from the wing and fired with pace past J.Reynolds and into the back of the net. With ten minutes remaining in the half we had our next chance as H.Limb rose above the defence and headed a M.Templeton cross just past the upright.
The second half was ten minutes old when we came close as a powerful effort from M.Williams hit the upright. On the 68th minute we got the equaliser we deserved as C.Morrison fired in a great free-kick from 25 yards after S.Harrad was brought down on the way too goal. Twelve minutes later H.Limb had the chance to win the game for us as he tried his luck from outside the area after seeing the keeper off his line but the ball didn't dip enough and landed on top of the net

Matlock Town 1-1 Workington C.Morrison 68 / S.Allison 23

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, P.Ayres, M.Ellroy, C.Morrison, H.Vince (R.Holland), M.Williams, M.Templeton, H.Limb, S.Harrad

Attendance: 343 (17)

November 18th:
Whitby Town (H) (22/46)
Two minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Harrad ran from the wing and unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner to give the keeper no chance of saving. On the 19th minute we had another chance with a low shot to beat the keeper but not the upright. Just after the half hour though a slip in concentration saw L.O'Neill beating the offside trap and firing in under the onrushing J.Reynolds.
The second half was two minutes old when we retook the lead as R.Holland beat the keeper to a long ball and fired into the empty net. The goal seemed to lift my players more and on the 63rd minute we grabbed another goal as R.Holland fired in his second of the game. We carried on the pressure and deep into injury time we added a fourth goal as H.Limb headed in a M.Templeton cross to give us a convincing win

Matlock Town 4-1 Whitby Town S.Harrad 2, R.Holland 47, 63, H.Limb 90+5 / L.O'Neill 34

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, H.Vince, M.Williams (T.Cribley), M.Templeton, H.Limb, S.Harrad (R.Holland)

Attendance: 374 (13)

November 21st:
Shaw Lane (A) (23/46)
Six minutes into the game we came close to opening the scoring with S.Harrad forcing the keeper into a brilliant save. However after that Shaw Lane took control and on the 21st minute they rattled the crossbar from just outside the area. With ten minutes remaining in the half the home side took the lead as D.Owusu beat the offside trap and rounded J.Reynolds to fire into the empty net.
The second half saw Shaw Lane controlling the play and on the 57th minute they had another chance with a team move which split my side apart with real ease however J.Reynolds was on hand to block the shot. It was all Shaw Lane and with twelve minutes remaining in the game they grabbed the killer goal as J.Picton fired in from the penalty spot after A.Yates fouled in the area. Not a great game for the fans that turned up

Shaw Lane 2-0 Matlock Town D.Owusu 35, J.Picton 78 pen

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison (inj 66 T.Cribley), H.Vince, M.Williams, M.Templeton (J.Jackson), H.Limb, S.Harrad

Attendance: 92 (18)

November 29th:
Stourbridge (A) (24/46) 
We began well and on the 19th minute we took the lead as M.Templeton hit a curling effort in off the upright. Soon after we had another shot with a long range effort from H.Limb which saw the keeper back tracking to save. On the 34th minute we had another chance with K.Wallace heading a M.Williams corner just over the crossbar after H.Limb's initial effort was tipped round the post. With two minutes remaining in the half though Stourbridge equalised as J.Dolling ran onto a through-ball and fired with pace under J.Reynolds.
The second half was ten minutes old when we had another chance to score with a close range effort from H.Vince which was easier to score than miss. On the hour T.Cribley had the chance to give us the lead back with a thunderous effort from the corner of the area but his effort was well saved. With three minutes remaining in the game we had a final chance to score but H.Limb again failed to score from ten yards. In truth this game was two points lost instead of a point earned. I wasn't too pleased with the performance of my strike force

Stourbridge 1-1 Matlock Town J.Dolling 43 / M.Templeton 19

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Vince, H.Limb

Attendance: 527 (17)

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 2nd (48pts) -12pts
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: 4th Rd v South Shields

Bank Balance: £3,930

December 2017:
December 1st:
The month began with the club offering me a new two year contract worth £775 per week which I accepted straight away

December 2nd:
Coalville Town (A) (25/46)
A terrible start saw concede a penalty within two minutes as D.Wiley fouled in the area, L.Cox stepped up and fired with pace past J.Reynolds. It didn't get any better as on the 5th minute M.McDonald ran through the defence and hit home with power to give Coalville a two goal lead. We weren't getting close to the ball and on the 22nd minute it was three nil with E.Likey-Elumba running onto a through-ball and slotting in under J.Reynolds who was slow to react. Eleven minutes later they had another chance with a powerful strike which beat my keeper but not the crossbar. On the stroke of half time we came close to losing a fourth goal but J.Reynolds produced a wonderous save to deny them,
The second half wasn't much better as Coalville continued the forward pressure and on the 69th minute A.Yates saved the day with a well timed challenge in the area to deny the home side the chance of another goal. Despite the constant pressure we held on and with six minutes remaining in the game we were awarded a penalty after H.Limb was fouled in the area, H.Vince stepped up and fired in the resulting penalty to give us a flattering goal.

Coalville Town 3-1 Matlock Town L.Cox 2 pen, M.McDonald 5, E.Likey-Elumba 22 / H.Vince 84 pen

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton (L.Rose), H.Vince, H.Limb

Attendance: 141 (42)

December 9th:
Stalybridge Celtic (A) (26/46)
Stalybridge were the better side throughout as they controlled the ball and it was on the 16th minute that they had the first chance with a long range effort which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later Stalybridge grabbed the lead as E.Rokka beat the offside trap and slotted in under my keeper. Soon after they came close again with a great team move which split the defence apart but J.Reynolds saved well to deny them.
The second half was all Stalybridge with attack after attack and just after the hour they came close yet again as they broke through my defence and fired just wide of the post. We were being battered and with six minutes remaining in the game Stalybridge were awarded a penalty after D.Wiley fouled in the area, however the penalty was well saved by J.Reynolds. Stalybridge showed why they are top of the table

Stalybridge Celtic 1-0 Matlock Town E.Rokka 26

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Vince, H.Limb

Attendance: 350 (28)

December 15th:
Contract news sees youngster Alistair Tingay-Kerry sign a new contract that will keep him at the club till 2021

Cheers oche balboa, its always good to get a compliment. Glad your enjoying it

December 16th:
Lancaster City (H) (27/46)
Ten minutes into the game we had the chance to take the lead with S.Harrad running through the defence with ease but his final effort went wide of the post. On the 27th minute we had another chance as H.Vince rattled the upright from outside the area. Seven minutes later we finally grabbed the lead we deserved with M.Templeton jinking into the area and his final effort went with power into the back of the net. Just before the break S.Harrad had another chance with a thunderous shot which saw the Lancaster keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half saw my side carrying on the pressure and on the hour mark we made it two nil as S.Harrad slotted in from close range after running onto a M.Williams through-ball. We were all over Lancaster and with eleven minutes remaining in the game C.Morrison grabbed our third of the match with a curling effort into the top corner of the net. On the 84th minute the final goal was scored with T.Ashton pulling a goal back for Lancaster but it was nothing more than a consolation goal.

Matlock Town 3-1 Lancaster City M.Templeton 34, S.Harrad 60, C.Morrison 79 / T.Ashton 84

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton (L.Rose), H.Vince, S.Harrad

Attendance: 356 (9)

After the game I was informed that L.Rose will be out for around ten days after straining his groin during the match also M.Ellroy will miss around six to nine days after gashing his head during the match

December 23rd:
Hednesford Town (H) (28/46)
A poor game in truth for the fans with little action for the fans that had turned up. The first half saw only the one shot with Hednesford coming close but J.Reynolds managed to tip the ball around the post.
The second half wasn't much better however we managed an effort on goal on the 67th minute with H.Vince rattling the upright from outside the area. The last chance of the game came on the 83rd minute as substitute R.Holland coming close from ten yards after beating the defence to a loose ball

Matlock Town 0-0 Hednesford Town

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, J.Jackson, M.Templeton, H.Vince, S.Harrad (R.Holland)

Attendance 424 (52)

Rien - We could do with some money in the bank so the attendances are helping alot. As for the cup game here it is mate

December 26th:
South Shields (A) Northern Premier League Challenge Cup 4th Round
A minute into the game we made the perfect start as C.Morrison hit a thunderous effort from thirty yards to beat the South Shields keeper. It got even better on the 12th minute as H.Limb ran onto a M.Templeton through-ball and fired under the keeper. We were rampant and on the 25th minute it was three nil with H.Limb grabbing his second of the game with a low shot. South Shields weren't getting close to the ball and just before the break H.Limb missed the chance of a hat-trick with what should have been a simple header into the net.
The second half was three minutes old when J.Holmes pulled a goal back for South Shields with a curling effort which J.Reynolds only managed to get a finger tip too but it wasn't enough and the ball went into the back of the net. Just before the hour we conceded again with J.Holmes again firing in low past J.Reynolds after D.Wiley lost the ball. On the 63rd minute South Shields equalised as E.Hamison ran onto a through-ball and dinked the ball over my keeper and into the back of the net. Nine minutes later South Shields grabbed the lead as E.Hamison hit home from the edge of the area which gave J.Reynolds no chance of saving. With six minutes remaining in the game we pulled level with H.Limb completing his hat-trick with a thunderous effort which rattled in off the crossbar. However their was one more goal in the game as E.Hamison completed his hat-trick with a daisy cutter into the back of the net which sent South Shields into the next round

South Shields 5-4 Matlock Town J.Holmes 48, 59, E.Hamison 63, 72, 90+2 / C.Morrison 1, H.Limb 12, 25, 84

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Templeton (L.Rose), H.Vince (S.Harrad), H.Limb

Attendance: 1096 (8)

December 27th:
Assistant manager Craig Hopkins has now completed his National A License in coaching. Hopefully this will help the club progress further

We don't seem to enjoy the cups by the look of it. However it was quite a game for the fans who turned up to see the match

December 30th:
Altrincham (A) (29/46)
We again started well and on the 17th minute we had the chance to score with a curling shot from M.Templeton which saw the Altrincham keeper at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with T.Cribley testing the keeper from twelve yards which saw the keeper again saving well. On the 37th minute we again had another chance to score with H.Limb beating the keeper but not the upright
The second half was ten minutes old when M.Newsham having our next chance with a wells truck free-kick which the keeper did well to save. On the hour mark Altrincham had their first chance of the game with a low shot  which was well saved by the feet of J.Reynolds. On the 74th minute we came close again with H.Limb stinging the fingers of the keeper from just inside the area. With ten minutes remaining in the game Altrincham took the lead with a thunderous shot which beat J.Reynolds into the top corner. There was one last chance in the game as on the 89th minute we came close to the equaliser as C.Morrison went one on one with the keeper but the keeper saved well. This was a game we really should have one

Altrincham 1-0 Matlock Town T.Peers 80

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, C.Morrison, M.Williams (L.Rose), T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Vince (M.Newsham), H.Limb

Attendance: 985 (28)
Injury news sees M.Williams out for around twelve days after gashing his head during the match

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 2nd (52pts) -11pts
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Rd

Bank Balance: - £8,400

January 2018:
January 3rd: 
Contract news sees M.Templeton signing a new one year contract with the club

January 6th:
Farsley Celtic (H) (30/46)
We began well and on the 12th minute we took the lead with H.Limb barging into the area and firing home a L.Rose cross past the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a powerful strike from M.Templeton which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 37th minute we came close again with T.Cribley jinking through the defence and firing under the keeper but the ball bobbled just wide of the post. Five minutes later we finally got our second goal with H.Limb rising above the defence and heading a T.Cribley cross into the back of the net.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure and on the 53rd minute we came close to a third goal with H.Vince firing wide of the post when it was easier to score. Six minutes later we nearly conceded a silly goal as a loose pass by K.Wallace was intercepted and fired towards goal but J.Reynolds was alert enough to block the effort. On the 67th minute we killed the game off with H.Limb completing his hat-trick from close range after the Farsley keeper fluffed a clearance. We continued to pile on the pressure but we failed to add another goal to our tally

Matlock Town 3-0 Farsley Athletic H.Limb 12, 42, 67

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, D.Wiley, A.Yates, K.Wallace (M.Ellroy), T.Cribley, H.Vince, L.Rose, M.Templeton, C.Morrison (S.Harrad), H.Limb

Attendance: 373 (9)

January 13th:
Mickleover Sports (A) (31/46)
We started the first half well and on the 12th minute we had the first chance of the game with a powerful strike from H.Limb which stung the keepers hands. Eight minutes later we had another chance as M.Templeton jinked through the defence and slid the ball under the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. On the 29th minute we came finally broke the deadlock as H.Limb rose above the defence and headed a T.Cribley cross into the back of the net. Just before the the break we had yet another chance with H.Vince rattling the upright from outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball.
The second half was a different story as Mickleover upped the ante and on the 57th minute they levelled the scores with J.Sands heading in past J.Reynolds after some dire defending by my side. Ten minutes later they had another chance to score as a long range effort was tipped over the crossbar by J.Reynolds. We weren't getting near the ball and on the 82nd minute M.Barnes-Homer gave Mickleover the lead with a low  shot which J.Reynolds should've saved. With four minutes remaining in the game Mickleover killed the game off as C.Morrison curled the ball into the back of the net from the corner of the area

Mickleover Sports 3-1 Matlock Town J.Sands 57, M.Barnes-Homer 82, C.Morrison 86 / H.Limb 29

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, D.Wiley, A.Yates (P.Ayres), K.Wallace, T.Cribley, H.Vince, L.Rose, M.Templeton, C.Morrison, H.Limb

Attendance: 291 (103)

January 20th
Buxton (H) (32/46)
The game was only two minutes old when we took the lead as C.Morrison beat the keeper from outside the area with a fine strike. Soon after we had another chance with a curling effort from twelve yards but the keeper managed to save the ball with a fine dive. On the 19th minute we grabbed a second goal as C.Morrison showed the defence some great skill and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. However on the half hour Buxton pulled a goal back with a fine strike from J.Law which gave J.Reynolds no chance of saving.
The second half was barely a minute old when Buxton grabbed the equaliser with J.Law tapping in from close range after beating the defence with ease.. Buxton were starting to dominate the game and on the 67th minute they had another chance with a brave header which gave the keeper little chance. With a minute remaining in the game Buxton thanks to a thunderous shot which gave J.Reynolds no chance of saving. Another loss against our arch rivals                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Matlock Town 2-3 Buxton Town C.Morrison 2, 19 / J.Law 30, 46, 89

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, D.Wiley, A.Yates, K.Wallace, T.Cribley, H.Vince (M.Newsham), L.Rose, M.Templeton, C.Morrison, H.Limb

Attendance: 720 (73)

I know mate, surprised I've not been lynched

January 27th:
Warrington Town (A) (33/46)
Warrington began the better and on the 12th minute they came close to scoring as they broke through the defence and fired towards goal but J.Wall saved brilliantly to deny him. Eight minutes later we had our first chance as M.Templeton tried his luck from outside the area but the Warrington keeper was on the tip the ball around the post, from the resulting corner H.Limb headed straight into the keepers arms. The game was becoming pretty open and just before the break Warrington had another chance as my defence failed to deal with a simple move but J.Wall saved well again.
The second half was much the same and on the 58th minute T.Cribley crossed into the area but S.Harrad headed wide of the post. Twelve minutes later Warrington had their first chance of the half with a curling shot from outside the area. With six minutes remaining in the game we had the last chance of the game with R.Holland firing wide of the post when it was easier to score

Warrington 0-0 Matlock Town

J.Wall, J.Doyle, P.Ayres, A.Yates, M.Ellroy, T.Cribley, H.Vince, L.Rose, M.Templeton, S.Harrad, H.Limb (R.Holland)

Attendance: 285 (26)

Monthly Review:
Evo-Stick League Premier Division: 3rd (56pts) -17pts
Northern Premier League Challenge Cup: Knocked Out in 4th Rd

Bank Balance: - £16,365

February 2018:
February 3rd:
Ashton United (H) (34/46)
Twelve minutes into the game Ashton had the chance to take the lead with a long range effort which saw J.Reynolds at full stretch to save. It didn't take long for us to reply with M.Williams jinking through the defence and firing under the keeper but the ball bobbled wide of the post. On the half hour we had another chance as M.Templeton crossed into the area but H.Limb headed just over the crossbar. On the stroke of half time we grabbed the lead as H.Vince ran onto a C.Morrison through-ball and rounded the keeper to slot the ball into the empty net.
The second half was six minutes old when we had another chance with H.Vince coming close to a second goal as he fired with pace towards goal but the Ashton keeper saved brilliantly to deny them. On the 71st minute Ashton had another chance with a powerful strike which saw J.Reynolds tipping the ball around the post. Eight minutes later we came close to grabbing a deserved second goal as M.Templeton threaded the ball to the feet of J.Jackson who lashed the ball well wide of the post. With a minute remaining in the game we were countered L.Meikle finished the counter with a low shot past the diving J.Reynolds

Matlock Town 1-1 Ashton United H.Vince 45+1 / L.Meikle 89

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley (M.Ellroy), K.Wallace, T.Cribley, H.Vince, M.Williams, M.Templeton, C.Morrison, H.Limb (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 361 (6)

February 4th:
I have been informed that C.Morrison has finished his loan spell with the club and will be returning to Guiseley Also H.Vince will returning to Boston United after his loan spell has finished

February 10th:
Stafford Rangers (A) (35/46)
A cracking start saw us taking the lead on the 8th minute as R.Holland rose above the defence and headed a M.Templeton cross past the keeper. However after the goal we sat back and Stafford began to control the play. On the 27th minute their pressure paid off as K.Hawley beat the offside trap and fired with pace past J.Reynolds. With three minutes remaining in the half we again failed to deal with a simple attack but this time J.Reynolds was on hand to block the effort.
The second half wasn't much better as Stafford piled forward and on the 61st minute we went behind as K.Hawley grabbed his second of the game with a curling effort from outside the area which gave my keeper no chance of saving. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Stafford grabbed the final goal of the game as K.Hawley headed in his hat-trick to cap a great day for him and a poor day for my side

Stafford Rangers 3-1 Matlock Town K.Hawley 27, 61, 78 / R.Holland 8

J.Reynolds, J.Doyle, A.Yates, D.Wiley, K.Wallace, M.Newsham, M.Williams (L.Rose), T.Cribley, M.Templeton, H.Limb (S.Harrad), R.Holland

Attendance: 853 (36)

February 13th:
Transfer news sees me releasing P.Barnes from his contract on a free transfer

February 17th:
Marine (H) (36/46)
The game was pretty open to start with and on the 16th minute we came close to opening the scoring with a long range effort from M.Templeton which clipped the outside of the post. Four minutes later it was Marine who came close with a low shot which saw J.Reynolds tipping the post around the post. On the 27th minute we took the lead as H.Limb ran onto a M.Newsham through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. However with five minutes remaining in the half Marine equalised as D.Mitchley rose above P.Ayres and headed in past my keeper.
The second half was twelve minutes old when we had another chance to score as H.Limb ran through the defence and fired with pace past the keeper but the upright saved the day for Marine. It was quite entertaining for the fans and on the 67th minute Marine had their next chance with a powerful shot which stung the fingers of  J.Reynolds. Eleven minutes later we had yet another close effort with J.Jackson heading straight into the keeper arms when it was easier to score. Marine had the final chance of the game with a curling effort from outside the area which sae J.Reynolds at full stretch to save.

Matlock Town 1-1 Marine H.Limb 27 / D.Mitchley 40

J.Reynolds, A.Yates, D.Wiley, P.Ayres, K.Wallace, J.Doyle, M.Williams, T.Cribley, M.Newsham, M.Templeton, H.Limb (J.Jackson)

Attendance: 431 (36)

After the game I was asked about the fact I had been linked with the Leatherhead job, I told the press that their wasn't a cat in hells chance I would be leaving my home time club 

Archived