Help winning away

I'm in my 3rd season with Norwich City and home form has been nothing short of amazing, as with so many other people though i can't seem to pick up much joy on the road, i'm not one for thinking it's the game cheating me, i know it's something i',m doing but i just can't figure out what, can anyone analyse my tactic and give me any pointers to what i can do to improve away results, ideally i would like to keep the same shape but if i have to make formational changes then i will.

885464541_NorwichCity_Overview.thumb.png.7811ae209ecdddf5ee8d89017552d79c.png

4-3-3 gee.fmf

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2018 at 18:48, NCFC Gee said:

can anyone analyse my tactic and give me any pointers to what i can do to improve away results

Man, I would change almost everything in this tactic. You are playing a narrow 433 with Highly Structured shape and all 3 forwards in the same role and on Attack duty, plus the Attack team mentality. Then you also have 3 CMs in the same role again, with only the central one having a different duty. It is as many as 3 DLPs in the midfield, plus 2 BPDs in defence. Not to mention such a great number of Team Instructions you are needlessly using...

If you wanna play with a narrow flat 433 and use a high-risk mentality such as Attacking, the first thing you should do is change your roles and duties to make them far more balanced and logical. Here is just one way how you can set up the tactic, but certainly not the only:

DLFs   AF   F9

CAR   DLPd    BWMs

WBs   CD   BPD    FBa

GK(or SWKs/d)

Shape - flexible or structured

You can start with no TIs, then watch the match carefully and see which of them you may use to improve the team's performance, but add them one by one, and don't use too many, and take care they do not contradict one another. 

On 01/10/2018 at 19:21, Experienced Defender said:

Man, I would change almost everything in this tactic. You are playing a narrow 433 with Highly Structured shape and all 3 forwards in the same role and on Attack duty, plus the Attack team mentality. Then you also have 3 CMs in the same role again, with only the central one having a different duty. It is as many as 3 DLPs in the midfield, plus 2 BPDs in defence. Not to mention such a great number of Team Instructions you are needlessly using...

If you wanna play with a narrow flat 433 and use a high-risk mentality such as Attacking, the first thing you should do is change your roles and duties to make them far more balanced and logical. Here is just one way how you can set up the tactic, but certainly not the only:

DLFs   AF   F9

CAR   DLPd    BWMs

WBs   CD   BPD    FBa

GK(or SWKs/d)

Shape - flexible or structured

You can start with no TIs, then watch the match carefully and see which of them you may use to improve the team's performance, but add them one by one, and don't use too many, and take care they do not contradict one another. 

Strangely i got it working with very little change, i simply lowered the defensive line right back and and took offside trap off and have just won Champions League with Norwich, still not able to topple Man Utd yet but came 2nd in the last 2 seasons, once on goal difference so i'm close now, thanks for the help though!

1877986330_NorwichCity_Overview-2.thumb.png.7a8713e18dea6fbe4f87f91ce8ab883f.png

2 hours ago, johnnyyakuza78 said:

Hmm.. so using the 3 strikers hack doesn't work ALL the time??!

3 strikers is not and never has been a hack, i have always played 3 strikers in every version right back to the first cm, until i got the TI's right i was losing plenty of games so 3 strikers doesn't work anymore then 1 or 2, it's all down to the set up 

It’s a pretty well known exploit. Dunno if it ever got fixed. I can’t imagine anyone placing three attacking forwards like that for any reason other than to exploit the match engine

if that's what you think then fine, now do you actually have anything constructive to add?....no thought not

22 hours ago, johnnyyakuza78 said:

Well your tactic makes zero sense right now.

Why don’t you tell us what you wanted this tactic to do and why you chose the roles you did?

There is little point now as i detailed above, i've managed to solve the problem myself now anyway

Archived