Stupid press-questions

Sooo...i just created an account to get some stuff off my chest.
I love the game and has been playing since the Championship manager days in 97/98.
It's extremely addicting so this are just some random complaints i want to add to the record.

I thing that has been bugging me for years are whenever i substitute someone that has scored two goals i always get the same annoying question at the post game press conference.
"Why did you subtitute that guy when he was close t scoring a hat-trick?"
(I play in swedish so this is just my translation)

Has this ever happend i real life? Is hat-tricks really that mind-blowing that substituting a tired/injured player to possible give my team a better change at winning the frikkin game that it should even be brought up?! This stupid question has been in the game for years. Just take it out.

Then there ar things that could probably be considered as bugs but still has to do with the press.

I got a player suspended after he got himself a red card in the last game.
So naturally he isn't picked for the squad(Since he is suspended). Still i get stupid questions from the press about why he isn't picked and complaints from the player for not being picked!!!
WTF?

Last thing.
I broke the record for most goals scored during a season. 
But at the press conference i get this question:
"You are one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals, why is that?"

At this point i just want to strangle the ****ing reporter :P

So i just wanted to get that off my chest.
Are there any more stupid comments like these?

23 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

*clicks storm out*

"What a juvenile manager!"

Ugh, no, ask better questions! :mad::seagull:

TBH that’s exactly the reaction I’d expect from the gutter press irl, they do not like being called out when they’re being stupid.

Si thinks this is a realistic aspect of the game, it may seem exciting to a new player of FM series but to an experienced FM manager I think this feature is boring and time consuming..

Even if replies effected anything regarding results or player morale once a manager works out what he needs to say for best results it’s a same o same experience,  why not just remove this feature? Can’t see it harming the game in any way?

7 hours ago, FrazT said:

This is an area of the game where ridiculous questions do appear quite often- I would suggest that you do what most others do and laugh out loud and then move on.

Watch enough post match chats on TV and you'll see just as many stupid questions in real life.

Complete with the stupid answers to match :D

Where the game really fails to match up with reality is responses that don't address the question asked … this happens a lot in real interviews

Sometimes when a player got injured and will miss the next continental match who actually haven't been registered, but the reporter still ask me how will I deal with the loss of him.

• Administrators
On 18/08/2018 at 06:58, Rocky_Johan said:

Sooo...i just created an account to get some stuff off my chest.
I love the game and has been playing since the Championship manager days in 97/98.
It's extremely addicting so this are just some random complaints i want to add to the record.

I thing that has been bugging me for years are whenever i substitute someone that has scored two goals i always get the same annoying question at the post game press conference.
"Why did you subtitute that guy when he was close t scoring a hat-trick?"
(I play in swedish so this is just my translation)

Has this ever happend i real life? Is hat-tricks really that mind-blowing that substituting a tired/injured player to possible give my team a better change at winning the frikkin game that it should even be brought up?! This stupid question has been in the game for years. Just take it out.

Then there ar things that could probably be considered as bugs but still has to do with the press.

I got a player suspended after he got himself a red card in the last game.
So naturally he isn't picked for the squad(Since he is suspended). Still i get stupid questions from the press about why he isn't picked and complaints from the player for not being picked!!!
WTF?

Last thing.
I broke the record for most goals scored during a season. 
But at the press conference i get this question:
"You are one of the worst teams in the league at scoring goals, why is that?"

At this point i just want to strangle the ****ing reporter :P

So i just wanted to get that off my chest.
Are there any more stupid comments like these?

The first one perhaps shouldn't appear as often as it does, but is the type of question that has been asked before when subbing a player on a hattrick. The other questions frankly are bugs and ideally we'd need the save game just prior to the question being generated in game to be able to fix them. If you do have any examples please upload them to our FTP and let us know the file name so we can investigate further. FTP details here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/417549-ftp-details/

Thanks. 

Whilst not a press conference, my favourite interaction on the game is when you're both a club and national team manager, and you have a player who plays for both your club and national team. If he gets injured for your club, you can talk to him after the game to wish him a speedy recovery or whatever. But then the next day you can also call him as the international manager and say "I've just heard about your injury!". Always makes me laugh.

1 minute ago, Wigmore said:

Whilst not a press conference, my favourite interaction on the game is when you're both a club and national team manager, and you have a player who plays for both your club and national team. If he gets injured for your club, you can talk to him after the game to wish him a speedy recovery or whatever. But then the next day you can also call him as the international manager and say "I've just heard about your injury!". Always makes me laugh.

I very much enjoy this interaction. Definitely one of my faves.

Also, I happened to notice that you're currently managing Gillingham. My Home Team! If I could've upvoted your post twice then I would've done so!

1 minute ago, Neotropolis said:

I very much enjoy this interaction. Definitely one of my faves.

Also, I happened to notice that you're currently managing Gillingham. My Home Team! If I could've upvoted your post twice then I would've done so!

Also my home team :) ... well sort of, I moved to London a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Wigmore said:

Also my home team :) ... well sort of, I moved to London a few years ago.

I guess that would explain the username as well then?

It's good to have a Gillingham buddy!

Archived