Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Karnack

Steam cloud sync issues

Howdy,

Not sure yet if this is a potential bug or working as well as it could. I usually play with a cloud save since I have a work laptop I use when I travel (every week) and thus I've started to get slightly frustrated with the Steam syncing process.

It takes at least 10 minutes for the save to sync once I've turned the game of and it takes at least another 10 minutes to sync it on the other computer.

Is this something everyone experience? First the sync is 0% 0 bytes/s for about 5-6 minutes. Then it starts to actually sync, usually around 3-5mb/sec. Despite that speed it stays on 65% for another 5-6 minutes. And then it's suddenly done. 0 to 65 to complete in about 10-15min.

Normal or bug? Steam issue or FM issue?

This has been an issue since FM17 but I haven't used syncing as much as I do now.

I sync on 3 different computers and several different connections and it's always over 10 minutes for sync.

You running any kind of anti-virus on these systems? Perhaps they could be interfering with the upload/download process so worth reading and following the instructions as shown via our FAQ below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

On 18/08/2018 at 11:01, Neil Brock said:

You running any kind of anti-virus on these systems? Perhaps they could be interfering with the upload/download process so worth reading and following the instructions as shown via our FAQ below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Thanks for the response.

I tried it, it helped once on one of the computers. But only on one sync, then it went back to the normal slowness. It didn't help at all on the laptop.

I should also add that FM is the only game that I have this issue with in Steam.