The Shoestring Challenge

So I have a vague idea for a challenge that probably (definitely) needs some extra input to make it 1. enjoyable & 2. not impossible. 

The basic premise is to imagine your board are money-hungry, tight b-st-rds who have not given you any transfer budget and will jump in and accept any offer that would benefit the club financially.

In more detail, I am thinking this consists of:

Outgoing:

• Transfer bids of any value >£0 MUST be accepted with zero negotiation.
  • Loan offers that have a mandatory future fee >£0 MUST be accepted with zero negotiation.
  • Loan offers with a combination of monthly payments (fee + wage) > the player's current monthly salary MUST be accepted with zero negotiation.
  • Loan offers meeting the above criteria cannot be terminated even if this clause is present.
  • *If a player is under transfer/loan bid that meet the above criteria, no new contract can be offered regardless of stipulations below in Wage Rules.

Incoming:

• Free agent transfers are acceptable.
  • Approaching a player under contract with another club (< 6 months remaining) is acceptable only if zero compensation is required.
  • Loans where monthly payment (fee + wage) < the player's current salary are acceptable.

Wage Rules:

• You cannot offer a player a contract with any fee of the contract higher than the initial demand.
  • You cannot offer the player a longer contract than the initial demand.
  • *You can only offer a player a new contract within the last year of his current contract, unless player / agent approaches directly asking for renewal.
  • Agent fees are acceptable but must not be higher than the initial demand.

Staff:

• Same rules apply as above.

Do you think this could work, or am I crazy for trying?

Archived