[SUGGESTION] Be Able to Quit to Main Menu During Matches

Weston

I've never really understood this one but I guess we all take it for granted now. I assume/hope whatever technological issue kept this from being sensible in the past is probably no longer relevant - can we please get the ability to quit a save in the middle of a match without having to fully shut down the entire Football Manager game?

We've all been there before - the lineups flash across the screen before kickoff and we realize we're accidentally starting a match with our backup keeper, or make some other super silly error during play. Sometimes it just makes sense to hit the quick reset and start over, but to add insult to injury "load game" and "quit to main menu" are grayed out and you're forced to shut down and reopen the entire game!

Especially with how FM18 had that obnoxious glitch where the editor would remove itself from the game every single time you turned it on unless you remembered to turn "steam overlay" or whatever on and off again beforehand (which you often forgot), this is a massive lost of time and is frustratingly unnecessary. I get being able to save a game in the middle of a match may be a ways off (though it's 2018 and it's surely possible I get there are higher priorities) this seems like a relatively simple step to greatly improve the user-friendliness of the product.

• 2 months later...

Archived