Sports Interactive Community

Since the update I get the 18.3.4f1093856(update) error.

I already tried reinstalling the game and also updated my graphics driver, but the error still occurs.

How can I fix it?

Can you please post your dxdiag for us? Details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

In regards to the issue, seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

Hi. I only use windows defender without any other secruity program.

I reinstalled my graphics driver and I don't use any custom things, only the basegame.

Please find the DxDiag attached.

DxDiag.txt

Just to confirm when you installed the graphics card drivers, you installed both the Nvidia and Intel drivers and removed any additional software (such as the GeForce Experience)? 

I just did it before I wrote the previous comment.  I removed both and restarted because of it many times before reinstalling both drivers.

Yes, I removed everything from my computer that was published by Nvidia.

Also, I play on High Graphics settings on 1080p with 125%Zoom.

Edited by GummiBaer
more Information

That's the thing though - we've got an exactly the same make and model to one of the users who has encountered this issue and when we're running the latest Nvidia update the game works without any issue. We believe there's some kind of setting which is causing the conflict. 

22 hours ago, GummiBaer said:

I just did it before I wrote the previous comment.  I removed both and restarted because of it many times before reinstalling both drivers.

Yes, I removed everything from my computer that was published by Nvidia.

Also, I play on High Graphics settings on 1080p with 125%Zoom.

Just to confirm, do you get the same issue when running on lower graphics settings like medium or low? We're just trying to narrow down exactly when this happens for users.

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

That's the thing though - we've got an exactly the same make and model to one of the users who has encountered this issue and when we're running the latest Nvidia update the game works without any issue. We believe there's some kind of setting which is causing the conflict. 

Just to confirm, do you get the same issue when running on lower graphics settings like medium or low? We're just trying to narrow down exactly when this happens for users.

Thanks. 

Sorry for interrupting in this thread Neil.. Ofc it could be some settings that stops the game from working. BUT then it is some setting that works with an earlier Nvidia graphic card driver update but not the later one. So if I got it right, the game needs an hotfix update anyway. I understand it's hard to find what's causing the problem, but it seems to be something with the game and the latest Nvidia driver. I use the same settings as I had done from day one.. or two ;) And it has nothing to do with any mods, because I tried without mods and that doesn't helped.

I tried different graphics settings but it was still crashing.

I deinstalled all Nvidia driver again and only run on integrated intel graphics and it worked but looked really bad.

Then I installed the March 27 Nvidia driver and it works perfectly now.

Thanks for the help guys, special thanks to Jiwar.

Glad you've been able to get the game running to your satisfaction and apologies you encountered this issue with your drivers. Thanks for letting us know.