Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
roykela

Game crashing out of blue

This has started happening here as well, out of the blue.
Game just closed on me again. It's twice now in a few hours.

Both times have been during a match, but not the same match.
Graphics just freezes and after a few seconds the game closes and goes back to desktop.
No error message or any crash dump. Just *poof*

Adding my dxdiag just in case.
DxDiag.txt

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks.