Sports Interactive Community

FM18 is crashing way too often . The crashes usually happen at the end of a match, but now I just had one in the middle of a match. I don't know if this is related, but it feels like the crashes got more frequent after the latest NVidia drivers update (currently using 398.82). I played several seasons before without a single crash.

crash1.JPG

crash2.JPG

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Would also be worth you posting your dxdiag for us so we can see if it's an issue only affecting specific setups. Dxdiag details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

I'll have to test whether any of the above solutions stops the crashes (I doubt it's the AV one, as FM is properly authorised there).

In the meantime, here's the dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

Okay please keep us updated with how you get on having done as suggested above.

Thanks. 

Just had another crash, and I noticed something odd before the crash. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but what I saw was that even though this was an away match, the home crowd (which filled 3/4 of the stadium) was wearing my colours, whereas the away crowd (the one standing behind one of the goals) was wearing the home colours. Midway through the second half, the game crashed. Upon reload, the colours are now correct.

Edited by Goncalo