Sports Interactive Community

Hey, I has the same problem that many other seems to have. The game keeps crashing at random points and the only thing you get is the little window ( 18.3.4f1093856, game stop working ) ... i searched a lot and tried everything... Reinstall Nvidia, Reinstall Football manager (without mods ) , Update Nvidia, Update Windows, Verify integrity of game files in steam. I´ve even Reinstalled Windows.. Nothing helped... then i realised that i´m playing FM on my laptop... and just switched Graphic card to run the game and used the integrated Intel card... Now it works! 

So probably it´s something with the latest Nvidia update.. the one i´m running that didn´t work are Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M version 398.82 

Hopefully You at Sigames or Nvidia can give us an update. 

sry for bad english and have a good day even if FM doesn´t work for us! Premier League is on!

I started with this problem in latest june, so isnt about the latest update of nvidia no idea how to avoid.

I'll give it a whirl now while i'm watching the football. Will see if it crashes or not now i've switched to using the NVIDIA option instead of the Integrated option that was selected. Will update on if it works for me or not.

Thanks.

Okey, maybe it isn´t Nvidia but that´s the only thing I can see it.. When I start the game with Intels integrated Graphics it works, with Nvidia it doesn´t. And for me it started late june or early July.. don´t remember. And the Nvidia update was somewere in july if I remember it right. I have a buddy and my brother playing on a earlier Nvidia update and for them it works. 

For me with Nvidia graphics on it´s unplayable now, crash after 1-3 minutes... sometimes in the main menu. With the integrated graphics its´s almost unplayable because the bad graphic card (x 

ScottLowLow, you switched to Nvidia? I´m forced to switch from the Nvidia to avoid crash.

hace 2 horas, ScottLowLow dijo:

I'll give it a whirl now while i'm watching the football. Will see if it crashes or not now i've switched to using the NVIDIA option instead of the Integrated option that was selected. Will update on if it works for me or not.

Thanks.

hace 4 horas, Jiwar dijo:

Hey, I has the same problem that many other seems to have. The game keeps crashing at random points and the only thing you get is the little window ( 18.3.4f1093856, game stop working ) ... i searched a lot and tried everything... Reinstall Nvidia, Reinstall Football manager (without mods ) , Update Nvidia, Update Windows, Verify integrity of game files in steam. I´ve even Reinstalled Windows.. Nothing helped... then i realised that i´m playing FM on my laptop... and just switched Graphic card to run the game and used the integrated Intel card... Now it works! 

So probably it´s something with the latest Nvidia update.. the one i´m running that didn´t work are Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M version 398.82 

Hopefully You at Sigames or Nvidia can give us an update. 

sry for bad english and have a good day even if FM doesn´t work for us! Premier League is on!

After 2 hours in the pre season with the integrated card zero crash, so yes apparently is something with the nvidia card

9 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

After 2 hours in the pre season with the integrated card zero crash, so yes apparently is something with the nvidia card

yeah, that´s what i´ve come up to aswell! Hopefully someone at Sigames listen to us and can have a chat with Nvidia to solve the problem!

unfortunately both my laptop and desktop has the latest nvidia update so i can´t test it out.. but as i sad earlier. My brother and friend play FM with a earlier Nvidia update without problems.

Edited by Jiwar

hace 4 minutos, Jiwar dijo:

yeah, that´s what i´ve come up to aswell! Hopefully someone at Sigames listen to us and can have a chat with Nvidia to solve the problem!

Yes yes sorry , When i said wasnt the last update of nvidia i mean wasnt the last one for me, it happends 3 o 4 upload before the last one. so yes i hope someone try to fix it cause obviusly isnt something is happenning just in a few people.

I only managed 30 mins before and had zero crashes since changing my setting. Will load back up now and give it a good play on and see what happens. 

I've had one crash just now. So, it's better than it was, much better, but still needs looked into because I have a feeling there will be many people having this issue and won't know what to do to help/solve this issue because only a small amount of people will bother looking on here.

Hey guys,

In which menu can I choose which graphic card I want to use. I know i've been in that menu yesterday, but I can't find it anymore. I have the same problem, so I hope this can work for me aswell.

hace 7 horas, Karakter dijo:

Hey guys,

In which menu can I choose which graphic card I want to use. I know i've been in that menu yesterday, but I can't find it anymore. I have the same problem, so I hope this can work for me aswell.

hace 9 horas, ScottLowLow dijo:

I've had one crash just now. So, it's better than it was, much better, but still needs looked into because I have a feeling there will be many people having this issue and won't know what to do to help/solve this issue because only a small amount of people will bother looking on here.

it was the same crash as usual?

@Neil Brock we already check all the possibilities, and is something related to nvidia card as you can see there, nothing linked to custom logos, antivirus,  updates or windows..... clearly is something related to nvidia.

Edited by ostkiz

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

hace 7 minutos, Neil Brock dijo:

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

We already tried everything , i did all of this 4-5 times , i have this problem since june is something more deep and is related to the nvidia card, please take this in consideration cause everything  is fine in our computersr and its a lot of people having same problem isnt something can be fixed by copy and paste message, you can check in different websites, steam forum or here. Thanks

1 minute ago, ostkiz said:

We already tried everything , i did all of this 4-5 times , i have this problem since june is something more deep and is related to the nvidia card, please take this in consideration cause everything  is fine in our computersr and its a lot of people having same problem isnt something can be fixed by copy and paste message, you can check in different websites, steam forum or here. Thanks

If you've had the problem since June then it's likely something different, unlike the issue the users have had over the last few days.

If you have your own thread, please keep to that one. That way there's no confusion in regards to the issue and communication. We would suggest as your issue is different, to send us your Belarc so we can take a look. Belarc details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r402/

Justo ahora, Neil Brock dijo:

If you've had the problem since June then it's likely something different, unlike the issue the users have had over the last few days.

If you have your own thread, please keep to that one. That way there's no confusion in regards to the issue and communication. We would suggest as your issue is different, to send us your Belarc so we can take a look. Belarc details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-belarc-file-r402/

Started in june, with some random crash a few times , somethimes the 3d starts the match in low quality and real slowly , thats the first time and continue happening somethimes, in the final of july this start to be massive, so i guess people start to complain like me, 2 of my friends have same problem as me since june, i didnt complain before and i guess moss of the people the same cause this happends somethimes not every moment like now, actually with the nvidia card is impossible to have the game open for more than 5-10 min whitout crash 

54 minutes ago, ostkiz said:

Started in june, with some random crash a few times , somethimes the 3d starts the match in low quality and real slowly , thats the first time and continue happening somethimes, in the final of july this start to be massive, so i guess people start to complain like me, 2 of my friends have same problem as me since june, i didnt complain before and i guess moss of the people the same cause this happends somethimes not every moment like now, actually with the nvidia card is impossible to have the game open for more than 5-10 min whitout crash 

As said, please create or use your own thread started by you. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, ostkiz said:

it was the same crash as usual?

Yes, it was the same as normal. I was just searching for players and then it crashed. Not been on today so unsure how it's going to act. Will load up now and see what happens.

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Hey Neil! I think we all got the same problem.. with the 18.3.4f1093856... even if you doesn´t seem to agree.. just think people don´t really now when it started to happened and they maybe play on a desktop that doesnt have a dedicated graphic card so they don´t really know because they can´t test another graphic card. It´s excactly like ostkiz says.. it started in june with some random crashes and it´s just getting worse. It don´t play with the Nvidia card.. but with the dedicated Intel card it works without crash!.. I had done a clean reinstall of Windows.. It doesnt help! Even if i reinstall Nvidia it will just give me the same Nvidia update ( latest one ) and the problem continues. As I wrote earlier in this thread I have a friend of mine and my brother playing with an earlier update from Nvidia and for them it works! The only people i talked too with this problem has the latest Nvidia driver update! And you can´t roll it back to an earlier version!

I would think that the only thing to do are an update from you guys for FM18 or maybe a new update from Nvidia that could fix it. 

hace 20 horas, Neil Brock dijo:

As said, please create or use your own thread started by you. Thanks. 

i already did

hace 14 horas, Jiwar dijo:

Hey Neil! I think we all got the same problem.. with the 18.3.4f1093856... even if you doesn´t seem to agree.. just think people don´t really now when it started to happened and they maybe play on a desktop that doesnt have a dedicated graphic card so they don´t really know because they can´t test another graphic card. It´s excactly like ostkiz says.. it started in june with some random crashes and it´s just getting worse. It don´t play with the Nvidia card.. but with the dedicated Intel card it works without crash!.. I had done a clean reinstall of Windows.. It doesnt help! Even if i reinstall Nvidia it will just give me the same Nvidia update ( latest one ) and the problem continues. As I wrote earlier in this thread I have a friend of mine and my brother playing with an earlier update from Nvidia and for them it works! The only people i talked too with this problem has the latest Nvidia driver update! And you can´t roll it back to an earlier version!

I would think that the only thing to do are an update from you guys for FM18 or maybe a new update from Nvidia that could fix it. 

Perfect explanation! @Miles Jacobson

21 hours ago, Jiwar said:

So to confirm when you did the full reinstall of Windows - afterwards you tried with the GPU driver completely removed, reinstalling it with just the driver and none of the additional software (so no GeForce Experience)? 

When  I tried with my dedicated Intel card, Nvidia was insalled but I just choosed to use the Integrated card for running the game! don´t need to uninstall Nvidia to play with the integrated card. 

BUT, new update.. I uninstalled Nvidia last night, with help from a friend that showed me how to get an earlier Geforce Game Ready Driver.. I choosed the one from March 27. ( randomly ) and it works now! 

I have played the game now for 2-3 hours without a crash WITH Nvidia.. but not the latest update.. I´m running on the 391.35 update from Nvidia. Can´t say which update that you should take. As I said, I just randomly picked an earlier update from Nvidia when i Reinstalled it. But for me the 391.35 Update Nvidia Driver works fine ! 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx -- For those who doesn´t now how to find a way to roll Nvidia back to an earlier update.. just Uninstall all of the Nvidia applications on your laptop! Then reboot your computer, go to this link and just write in your graphic card Type/Serie and Product and under the Recommended/Beta choose (All). And pick an earlier update to download and try it out! It worked for me!

Hopefully SI and Nvidia can workout a new update for FM18 or Nvidia otherwise we need to stick to an earlier Nvidia driver update to play FM18. 

Good Luck guys! Hope it works for all of you!

hace 14 horas, Jiwar dijo:

When  I tried with my dedicated Intel card, Nvidia was insalled but I just choosed to use the Integrated card for running the game! don´t need to uninstall Nvidia to play with the integrated card. 

BUT, new update.. I uninstalled Nvidia last night, with help from a friend that showed me how to get an earlier Geforce Game Ready Driver.. I choosed the one from March 27. ( randomly ) and it works now! 

I have played the game now for 2-3 hours without a crash WITH Nvidia.. but not the latest update.. I´m running on the 391.35 update from Nvidia. Can´t say which update that you should take. As I said, I just randomly picked an earlier update from Nvidia when i Reinstalled it. But for me the 391.35 Update Nvidia Driver works fine ! 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx -- For those who doesn´t now how to find a way to roll Nvidia back to an earlier update.. just Uninstall all of the Nvidia applications on your laptop! Then reboot your computer, go to this link and just write in your graphic card Type/Serie and Product and under the Recommended/Beta choose (All). And pick an earlier update to download and try it out! It worked for me!

Hopefully SI and Nvidia can workout a new update for FM18 or Nvidia otherwise we need to stick to an earlier Nvidia driver update to play FM18. 

Good Luck guys! Hope it works for all of you!

Thanks man, a lot, i hope si games find a way to fix this problem, the possibility to play fm shouldn't be linked to have the card with a driver's  5 months older, cause means we can enjoy other games in case we play not just fm, it's a problem beetween the game and Nvidia, and is getting big, i will be really dissapointed if there is no solution just cause fm 19 is near, we pay for a game that actually is unplayable.

1 hour ago, ostkiz said:

Thanks man, a lot, i hope si games find a way to fix this problem, the possibility to play fm shouldn't be linked to have the card with a driver's  5 months older, cause means we can enjoy other games in case we play not just fm, it's a problem beetween the game and Nvidia, and is getting big, i will be really dissapointed if there is no solution just cause fm 19 is near, we pay for a game that actually is unplayable.

My worry about this is I fear a lot will have an unplayable game because they won't know what to do. I mean, how many people will check forums? How many people will think to change graphic card settings? A small % of the fanbase in my opinion so this problem needs addressed because I do think a lot will be struggling to find the game which may put people off getting FM 19.

Just glad I checked the forums because i'd have never done the thing that seems to have fixed the issue, it'd have been uninstalled from my laptop by now :seagull:

hace 7 horas, ScottLowLow dijo:

My worry about this is I fear a lot will have an unplayable game because they won't know what to do. I mean, how many people will check forums? How many people will think to change graphic card settings? A small % of the fanbase in my opinion so this problem needs addressed because I do think a lot will be struggling to find the game which may put people off getting FM 19.

Just glad I checked the forums because i'd have never done the thing that seems to have fixed the issue, it'd have been uninstalled from my laptop by now :seagull:

Obviusly is a problem with the card, i won't buy the fm 19 if today was November cause as they will use the same code, now me think the game will have same problems, and anyway isnt polite dont listen the community, there is plenty of posts with the same problem and after weeks zero solutions just copy and paste messages. So dissapoonted.

8 hours ago, ostkiz said:

No problem!

7 hours ago, ScottLowLow said:

It should be. And yes, I've my worries that they doesn't gonna fix this problem because the 19 release soon. But they will loose me as customer and hopefully other people that know why the game stopped working do the same. They shoot them selfs in the foot if they doesn't drop a hotfix for this before the 19 release.. because if they don't, it just means they don't care about us and just want to push out ^^the next game^^ in the series for us to buy! I've buyed this game since 2010.. and the Eastside hockey manager game (all of them ) .. I probably not gonna buy a new FM bcause it's almost the same year after year the last years.. just a new database with the latest roosters. After all, I'm a hockey fan but i enjoy football too! I would be happy if the could release Fotball one year, next year Hockey and then on..but that's another story. 

Hope the fix with an older graphic card driver works for you as it did for me! ( It should be ) and hopefully it spreads to more people!

14 hours ago, ostkiz said:

Obviusly is a problem with the card, i won't buy the fm 19 if today was November cause as they will use the same code, now me think the game will have same problems, and anyway isnt polite dont listen the community, there is plenty of posts with the same problem and after weeks zero solutions just copy and paste messages. So dissapoonted.

13 hours ago, Jiwar said:

No problem!

It should be. And yes, I've my worries that they doesn't gonna fix this problem because the 19 release soon. But they will loose me as customer and hopefully other people that know why the game stopped working do the same. They shoot them selfs in the foot if they doesn't drop a hotfix for this before the 19 release.. because if they don't, it just means they don't care about us and just want to push out ^^the next game^^ in the series for us to buy! I've buyed this game since 2010.. and the Eastside hockey manager game (all of them ) .. I probably not gonna buy a new FM bcause it's almost the same year after year the last years.. just a new database with the latest roosters. After all, I'm a hockey fan but i enjoy football too! I would be happy if the could release Fotball one year, next year Hockey and then on..but that's another story. 

Hope the fix with an older graphic card driver works for you as it did for me! ( It should be ) and hopefully it spreads to more people!

I completely understand your points and I do think they will be looking into this. The problem is certainly the Nvidia card because since I changed my settings properly (I didn't change the latest FM title in the drop down box which seemed key for me) i've had zero crashes and I spent all day on it yesterday.

Personally, I will be getting FM19 as I love the game. Yes, very little changes but i've played all but one FM title so I guess you could say i'm a big fan of the series but I know for a fact that problems like this will force some away if it's not fixed but I do have faith in the team to look into this.

On 16/08/2018 at 08:33, ScottLowLow said:

I completely understand your points and I do think they will be looking into this. The problem is certainly the Nvidia card because since I changed my settings properly (I didn't change the latest FM title in the drop down box which seemed key for me) i've had zero crashes and I spent all day on it yesterday.

Personally, I will be getting FM19 as I love the game. Yes, very little changes but i've played all but one FM title so I guess you could say i'm a big fan of the series but I know for a fact that problems like this will force some away if it's not fixed but I do have faith in the team to look into this.

yeah, well.. I love the FM series aswell, but the progress every year are just to small... guess I'm a little "cranky" about this small problems.. and no more EHM. ;) :( 

On 17/08/2018 at 09:16, ostkiz said:

No answer by si game...nice.

busy advertising FM19 ;)

Some users have been reporting issues with Nvidia drivers and have found that it works with the latest. If you uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers (or roll back to March then install the latest) they should work.

If they don't, some users have recommended doing the following in order for the game to run without issues:

- Right-click on desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel 
- Click on the 'Manage 3D Settings' tab. 
- Under Global Settings make sure everything is active. 
- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 
- Then confirm to save your changes

Let us know how you get on and if any combination of the above fixes your issue. Thanks. 

On 21/08/2018 at 10:20, Neil Brock said:

Some users have been reporting issues with Nvidia drivers and have found that it works with the latest. If you uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers (or roll back to March then install the latest) they should work.

If they don't, some users have recommended doing the following in order for the game to run without issues:

- Right-click on desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel 
- Click on the 'Manage 3D Settings' tab. 
- Under Global Settings make sure everything is active. 
- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 
- Then confirm to save your changes

Let us know how you get on and if any combination of the above fixes your issue. Thanks. 

Okeey, maybe i'll try that a day I got time! but for now it works with the 27 March update from Nvidia and i'll stick to that for now. thanks anyway! 

If anyone else tries it... please tell how it work.. =)