Sports Interactive Community
Karakter

"Football Manager 2018 18.3.4f1093856 has stopped working."

Hi guys,

Since a day of two my game just stops at random moments. I uninstalled the game en deleted every fm-related map on my computer and reinstalled, but it didn't work. 

I read about more people with the same problem. 

I hope you can help me.

Kind regards.

DxDiag.txt

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

I switched from Nvidia graphics card to the Intel one and so far so good. I'll start uninstalling and reinstall my graphic card drivers. 

Thank you so far. 

I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and tried to play the game with it, but there it is again: football-manager-2018-1834f1093856-has-stopped-working. The problem is in the Nvidia driver then I guess...

5 hours ago, Karakter said:

I reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and tried to play the game with it, but there it is again: football-manager-2018-1834f1093856-has-stopped-working. The problem is in the Nvidia driver then I guess...

Karakter, Uninstall all of your Nvidia applications on your computer. Then go to this link ---https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx  and Install one of the earlier Nvidia driver updates. I playing with the one from march 27! And FM18 works fine now. 

It´s something with one of the later Nvidia updates that ruines FM18. 

GoodLuck!

On 14/08/2018 at 19:59, Jiwar said:

Karakter, Uninstall all of your Nvidia applications on your computer. Then go to this link ---https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx  and Install one of the earlier Nvidia driver updates. I playing with the one from march 27! And FM18 works fine now. 

It´s something with one of the later Nvidia updates that ruines FM18. 

GoodLuck!

Thank you! I will try that!

On 15/08/2018 at 23:50, Karakter said:

Thank you! I will try that!

Did it work? many people has told me it does!

Some users have been reporting issues with Nvidia drivers and have found that it works with the latest. If you uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers (or roll back to March then install the latest) they should work.

If they don't, some users have recommended doing the following in order for the game to run without issues:

- Right-click on desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel 
- Click on the 'Manage 3D Settings' tab. 
- Under Global Settings make sure everything is active. 
- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 
- Then confirm to save your changes

Let us know how you get on and if you're now up and running. Thanks. 

I uninstalled everything all of my Nvidia applications and installed an earlier update. Everything works again so far. I didn't had so much time to play it again this week, but I guess everything is allright now! 

Did you try my instructions as shown above with the latest drivers? As we've been unable to reproduce this with any of our internal test machines, we're trying to see if the above (changes to the configuration) fix the issue.

Let us know, thanks. 

On 23/08/2018 at 13:01, Neil Brock said:

Did you try my instructions as shown above with the latest drivers? As we've been unable to reproduce this with any of our internal test machines, we're trying to see if the above (changes to the configuration) fix the issue.

Let us know, thanks. 

Hello. I'm sorry for my late response. Yes I tried, but that didn't work. Switching to an older driver helped me though...  

To confirm, the change to the configuration did not work (the quote below)?

On 21/08/2018 at 09:18, Neil Brock said:

- Right-click on desktop and go to the nVidia Control Panel 
- Click on the 'Manage 3D Settings' tab. 
- Under Global Settings make sure everything is active. 
- For the ones that only have the options of 'Off', 'Quality', or 'Performance', please choose 'Quality'. 
- Then confirm to save your changes

But rolling the graphics card to the March version work? Let us know, thanks.