Sports Interactive Community

So, i've racked up over 500 hours of FM gameplay and never had an issue. I bought I new laptop (a gaming laptop so more than capable of running FM) and get FM all set up yet all of a sudden it's crashing at random. Sometimes it's in a game, sometimes it's when i'm answering questions in the conferences, sometimes when i'm doing nothing. I've followed all the recommended steps that were posted on here such as checking drivers etc and it's still happening. 

I have no logo/face packs or anything and the crashes are not in a crash dumps file. I am completely unsure and baffled why this is happening all of a sudden so any help would be massively appreciated because the amount of times i've had to go through another game or sort transfers out again etc is becoming tiring.

I have included my DxDiag results also.

Thank you.

DxDiag.txt

UPDATE:-

I've just cleared my cache from outside of the game and when i was loading it back up, I got the same error message (football manager 2018 18.3.4f1093856 (update) has stopped working) just loading the game up. Will try again and switch to autosave weekly, or daily, until we get this solved. Given there appears a lot with this issue, im assuming it's an update with the game or something.

Something certainly isn't right.

38 minutes ago, ZiggySawdust said:

A few people, myself included, have been having the same problem. They've probably ballsed it up with an update or something.

I had no issues on my old laptop in over 500 hours game time,or for the first day (around 6 hours) on my new one. Then, i'm sure I had a small update the following day and since then i've had crashes and they're occurring more and more. No matter what i've tried it still happens.

Getting to the point i'm thinking i'm giving up because it's starting to annoy the life outta me. Hopefully we all get some fixes sooner rather than later.

I had no problems for about 250 hours then it just started crashing randomly yesterday.  Seems like a good strategy, force an update then bugger off for the weekend when everyone's game is broken.

7 hours ago, ZiggySawdust said:

I had no problems for about 250 hours then it just started crashing randomly yesterday.  Seems like a good strategy, force an update then bugger off for the weekend when everyone's game is broken.

I just hope we get some fixes but likely won't get any or much help until at least tomorrow. 

I'm putting FM 17 back on my laptop because i'm crashing nearly every week in the game. Twice so far today in the last 40 mins.

EDIT - literally just loaded it back up, had a press conference after a game before it saved and crashed while answering questions so that's 3 times so far. I'm giving up until we get some fixes or something. Frustrating as heck!

Edited by ScottLowLow

I have almost 1500 hours with no more than the normal crashes and the custom graphics as usual, since july i cant play the game neither, i tried everything they recommend and still not working, cant understand what is happening but is really annoying and frustrating not be able to play my fav game.

Try reverifying your files guys in steam properties section within the game,ive not played in a bit on fm18 so cant tell if its happened to me.Generally though when things like that did happen on the odd occasion that alway seemed to work.

Hope you guys get fixed ;)

Yeah same the game has now become completely unplayable. However mine only tends to crash if i spend to long with out continuing but as i am in a transfer window kinda need that time. 

I just bought this game couple of days ago. I have a new laptop also. I paid for nothing, cause its not playable at the moment.

2 hours ago, ostkiz said:

I have almost 1500 hours with no more than the normal crashes and the custom graphics as usual, since july i cant play the game neither, i tried everything they recommend and still not working, cant understand what is happening but is really annoying and frustrating not be able to play my fav game.

Yeah I had a few earlier on just after release but it was running fine until the other day. First time it happened I lost a full summer because it crashed and before then never needed autosave on. Since then I count myself lucky if I get through a few weeks in game before it crashes. Typical when I finally get into a save and start loving it again.

2 hours ago, steff91 said:

Try reverifying your files guys in steam properties section within the game,ive not played in a bit on fm18 so cant tell if its happened to me.Generally though when things like that did happen on the odd occasion that alway seemed to work.

Hope you guys get fixed ;)

Already tried that last night after doing everything else that gets suggested but it's still crashing sadly. I guess i'll have to try and enjoy FM17 again :lol:

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

On 12/08/2018 at 09:30, Magic5001 said:

Yeah same the game has now become completely unplayable. However mine only tends to crash if i spend to long with out continuing but as i am in a transfer window kinda need that time. 

On 12/08/2018 at 11:42, Sape83 said:

I just bought this game couple of days ago. I have a new laptop also. I paid for nothing, cause its not playable at the moment.

If you can please create your own threads describing your issue just in case it turns out it's something different from the above it'd be appreciated. That way we can make sure nothing gets missed or lost when communicating. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

I'd already tried all of that before I posted my problem and it made no difference. It appears that since I changed FM to use the 'Integrated' and not 'Nvidia' in the graphics options that this problem isn't anywhere near as bad so I guess i'll have to settle for that. Only had 1-2 crashes since changing which is better than 1 every 15 minutes.

Thanks for replying also.  

When you uninstalled your graphics cards, did you make sure to remove the related software (so GeForce Experience)? 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

When you uninstalled your graphics cards, did you make sure to remove the related software (so GeForce Experience)? 

Yes I did. I don't mind as it's running perfectly fine since I changed my setting and i'm happy with it. Had no crashes in about 4 hours of game play since changing my settings so that's a positive I guess.

Glad you're able to run the game without issues, but ideally you should be able to use the Nvidia card without issue. Do you play any other games on your system per chance? 

42 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Glad you're able to run the game without issues, but ideally you should be able to use the Nvidia card without issue. Do you play any other games on your system per chance? 

The other most played game is Fortnite and it runs perfectly fine using the Nvidia card. In fact, of the games I play or have played there is only FM that has been problematic when using the Nvidia card.