Sports Interactive Community
knap

Pilgrimage 4123 and 4312 AM, Narrow Diamond Knap FM 18

If I have classic wingers on Inside forwards in my team, where do you see them in the 4-1-2-3 formation to fit the best? 

So i used the 4312 with AC Milan for a full season and went unbeaten in all the competitions! Used your 5-1-2-2 England Box formation at the start of the season due to injuries and sometimes used your 4-5-1 SUS to see out a game. Also broke multiple records and had the top 3 goalscorers in the Serie A. Looking like a great tactic!

v8en43.png2kg3lw.png

Edited by Martial'

4 hours ago, tractor76 said:

Accuse me Knap what does SUS means? A.K.A.?

Shut the shop. So this is basically park the bus option.

1 hour ago, Rémy Leroux said:

Shut the shop. So this is basically park the bus option.

Thank you!

Edited by tractor76

18th of January and I broke already record of goals for Man Utd in Premier (105). 

Tactic is insanely good. 35 played (won 34, 1 lost) - 160 goals scored. This is illegal.

Knap im testing your 4-1-2-3. ( FM18.3.4KnapPILGRIMAGE4123MUP104ALLCUPS.fmf )

1. Do you change any team instructions or mentality when playing hard away games? Or when the assistant tells you in the match?

2. Is there any player attribute that is especially important for this tactic? Used to play 4-2-1-3 "Hammerhead shark" and fast CB was important for the defense playing without a DM.

Many thanks!

Edited by Dreambuilder

As a generalisation most tactics benefit from pace especially as the AI tend to lump the ball forward at any opportunity.

I do not usually change mentality but the TC will adjust if you do want to change to maybe control a game. if you had a very tough away game that needed a draw, then I may be tempted to even use a SUS tactic.

I pay no attention to AM for tactical advice.

3 hours ago, knap said:

As a generalisation most tactics benefit from pace especially as the AI tend to lump the ball forward at any opportunity.

I do not usually change mentality but the TC will adjust if you do want to change to maybe control a game. if you had a very tough away game that needed a draw, then I may be tempted to even use a SUS tactic.

I pay no attention to AM for tactical advice.

Sounds good. What does the abbreviation TC mean? Im new on this forum..

I see you test the tactics with ManU. Wouldnt it be better to use a middle table team over and over to see at what grade the tested tactic wins vs teams with better players? Then you would really see to what grade the tactic performs compared to player quality? =)

Edited by Dreambuilder

TC is Tactics creator and if you change mentality you can see other TIs change.

The tactics get independently tested over 180 games with CA 120 and CA 145 test teams. The top tested tactic which is ARGUS 343 was set up with Arsenal.

The test results are on MR L Forum, and there is also a Discord Forum.

Finished with Man Utd with almost no transfers in (only Dolberg) and selling Darmian, Fella, Valencia. 37 W, 1L.  - 161 FOR, 29 AG.  All cups won, including CL. Knap, you are genius. Maybe 2 harder games in the season, rest was crashed. Yes, crashed. Most notable wins - 7:1 over the Juve, 7:3 with Arsenal, twice 7:1 with Shakhtar. Only one lose to Liverpool due to perhaps bad prematch conference. 

Edited by Rémy Leroux

On 12.08.2018 at 21:20, knap said:

@knap have you tried to use Carrillera instead of CM in this tactic? When I watch the game CM is hanging around unfruitfully on the pitch. Hence I switch him as Carrillera in order to balance meazzala. What do you think?

Finally a tactic that kicks ass and doesnt use 5 defenders and 3 strikers :applause:

The narrow diamond is brilliant

Edited by Gorando

7 hours ago, Gorando said:

Finally a tactic that kicks ass and doesnt use 5 defenders and 3 strikers :applause:

The narrow diamond is brilliant

Do you mind posting some results and stats?

Knap, I'm trying your:

Narrow Diamond

¬FM18.3.4KnapPILGRIMAGE41212AMMUP104.fmf

..with swedish team IFK Göteborg. Going pretty good except for an unlucky 5-2 aggregate vs Gent in 3rd round Euro cup. Not very surprised, I think Gent players are a few levels higher in skill than my players. I feel player skill level matter a little bit more than tactics in the end. Barely any transfer budget for my team yet, and most players in my team are about 10-14 in skills in average. I really need to get a new left wing back, he got 9 in tackling..

I really enjoy this formation and tactic tho, it feels quite realtistic and it is conceding less goals. I only change mentality to like controlling or counter at very hard away games.

1. On that picture you uploaded ManU - Barcelona 2-0, is that from the Champions Cup final?

2. The mezzala, any special attributes to look for? ATM I'm going with an AMC (Amin Affane) who I'm training to be a mezzala.

3. Do you have a link to a defensive SUS tactic like 4-1-4-1?

image.thumb.png.b7d836a0ab0432fe2e98202050f7443e.png

Thanks!

Edited by Dreambuilder

If you open TI screen and the change to counter you will see the adjustments. This was the idea behind the TC allowing multiple sets of a tactic with different mentalities in one click

Not sure anyone uses the TC in this way as most appear to use a P&P tactic for the majority of games..

Hi Knap, currently using the 4123 with Arsenal (have changed the squad around a fair bit) at home and Blue Matter v6 away (thinking 3 at the back gives more solidity). Have found you need a home and away tactic in FM18. Do you have a particular home/away combo of your tactics you would recommend for Arsenal? Thank you for your help!

SUS = Shut up Shop or go very defensive to close oit game. Can also be used if down to 10.

All Cups just means won all the cups as well as league.

101 is the number of pts obtained in winning league

On 11/08/2018 at 21:13, knap said:

Hi Knap, I think I know why the Martial has scored so many goals with your allcups tactics, left and right AF instructions are not the same, right AF does not have the following instruction: Shoot Less Often, Close Down More, Mark Tighter and Pass It Shorter, and left AF has these instructions.

If you deliberately did not set it that way then it is probably the cause of the big number of goals he scored.

I am interested in this tactic because of the number of goals that can be achieved, so far after the first half of the season, the biggest problems my team has are the following (analysis is based on the last 5 matches):

1.Converted 336 touches into just 9 goals in the opposiotion's penalty area (scored just 9 goals of 71 shots attempted)

2.Lost a lot of possession in central areas of the middle third of the pitch

3. 50% of the goals we conceded are from cross

It is important to note that I play with the team from the Serbian Third League. :p

I have found over the years that dissimilar PIs tend to work well as creates just enough variation.

I only look at results rather than detail. Because the AI have a tend to play very defensive then the stats will be skewed.

With Lower Leagues the players will be less consistent and more prone to error. If the problem is on one side than perhaps a replacement WB. Often a weak link can be a source of dropping points

Brilliant tactic for Liverpool, 6 games to go, 221 goals, 137 goals in the premiership with only 20 conceded, even players like solanke, Sturridge who arnt always first team players are on or near 20 goals in the season.  Won the premiership by miles and also the carabo cup against man city. Lost the fa cup semi final to wolves sadly. Excited about the second season, looking to get rid of a lot of the first team and bring in some younger players, players such as chamberlin, shaquiri, Sturridge, and Moreno, who I either don't use much or are unhappy for one reason or another.

Hi all. Really like this tactic, playing with Arsenal. The problem I have is that it is very inconsistent, particularly away from home against teams like Leicester and Newcastle where they play us off the field. See results below. Are people that are having success with this doing anything different for away games? Thank you for your help!

BADE0F18-6179-4673-82CB-1893DE012EDC.png

I think there re 2 problems, either the long ball to Vardy of corner to striker on lurk outside area. Dropping to counter and prevent short corner may help.

On 10/09/2018 at 15:23, Trotter2007 said:

Brilliant tactic for Liverpool, 6 games to go, 221 goals, 137 goals in the premiership with only 20 conceded, even players like solanke, Sturridge who arnt always first team players are on or near 20 goals in the season.  Won the premiership by miles and also the carabo cup against man city. Lost the fa cup semi final to wolves sadly. Excited about the second season, looking to get rid of a lot of the first team and bring in some younger players, players such as chamberlin, shaquiri, Sturridge, and Moreno, who I either don't use much or are unhappy for one reason or another.

Hey Trotter2007, was this with the diamond?