Sports Interactive Community
ZiggySawdust

Random crash. "Football Manager 2018 18.3.4f1093856 has stopped working."

GyNelhl.png

There's the error message. The crashes occur randomly, one crash even happened on the main menu so it isn't an issue with the save game. To double check I started a new save, same issue. Crashes don't happen during matches or while time is advancing, but just happen at random points when the game is just sitting there.

I've followed all the steps here https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/136_technical-support/142_pc/i’ve-encountered-a-crash-dump-message-at-random-points-within-the-game-r438/ and it's not fixed the problem.

Looking at the forums a few people seem to be having the same issue. I've played around 250 hours of the game with no problems then this just started happening yesterday and I can't play for more than 10 minutes.

DxDiag.txt

Same issue. Had this game for nearly a year. Started a new save and this started happening after a season into my new save. Had no issues since, tried all the steps and it still crashes with that very error message.

Getting the same issue here also. There was an update on my FM the other day and it seems to be since then. The previous day I got a new laptop and was playing about 6 hours on FM before the update and I never had an issue.

No idea if the update I done is causing it or what, but it's annoying as heck. Hopefully we all get some help.

Seems a problem related to the update, the three most probable causes are as follows:

- An issue related to graphics card drivers. We would suggest users uninstall and reinstall their graphics card drivers as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

- An issue related to custom graphics/logos/skins and especially custom ad hoardings. We would suggest users remove all custom graphics/add-ons for the time-being to see if that stops the issue occurring.

- An anti-virus conflict related to the anti-virus program incorrectly identifying the update as a threat. There's a troubleshooting thread on how to change your settings, but some users have found that the only way to test this is to remove their current AV program (making sure Windows Defender is still active) then uninstall and reinstall FM - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on with the above. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, sportscasual88 said:

I've tried all three suggestions and the game is still crashing.

Can you create your own thread describing your issue please and we'll try to help you there. That way wires don't get crossed in other threads.

Thanks.