Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gawler10

18.3.4 Constant Crashes

Hi guys,

Having the same problem as other users here, crashes since the latest update. 

'Football manager 2018 18.3.4f1093856 has stopped working' will appear after a minute of the game being open. Game is not processing just loaded the save game and leave it sitting there not doing anything and it crashes. Same thing happens when trying to create a new career - crashes during loading.

Running custom graphics but game has been played for 350hrs before this with no issue.

Game cache verified and preferences deleted. Nvidia drivers updated to latest version.

DxDiag attached.

Thanks

DxDiag.txt

I suggest that you try the game without the custom graphics and see if that helps.

Please also post the full crash dump message

10 hours ago, FrazT said:

I suggest that you try the game without the custom graphics and see if that helps.

Please also post the full crash dump message

I've removed the custom graphics and that doesn't seem to have helped, still getting random crashes. 

Could this be an issue with the latest update and Nvidia drivers? A lot of people look to have Nvidia in their DxDiag?

Screenshot attached of error message that keeps appearing.

Thanks for your help.

2018-08-11 (2).png

It could be some sort of conflict , so try rolling back the NVidia driver to the previous version.

49 minutes ago, FrazT said:

It could be some sort of conflict , so try rolling back the NVidia driver to the previous version.

Unfortunately there is no change after the rollback FrazT. 

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can occasionally see the update incorrectly as a threat and cause problems. Would be worth checking if this is indeed the case by reading and following the instructions as shown in our troubleshooting guide below:

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can occasionally see the update incorrectly as a threat and cause problems. Would be worth checking if this is indeed the case by reading and following the instructions as shown in our troubleshooting guide below:

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Hi Neil,

Running McAfee anti-virus so have uninstalled this, uninstalled the game and reinstalled and am having the same issue. Interestingly like some other users when forcing my laptop to use the Intel card it doesn't seem to crash, however, the game is sluggish and unplayable without using the dGPU. Has to be an Nvidia graphics card compatibility problem, from what I can see the vast majority of users submitting issues have an Nvidia card in their DxDiag?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Yeah we've found that. We're asking users to completely remove and reinstall their graphics card drivers as directed via our FAQ link here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

Please try and let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we've found that. We're asking users to completely remove and reinstall their graphics card drivers as directed via our FAQ link here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

Please try and let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I've uninstalled all Nvidia applications/drivers and reinstalled the original driver that came on my system (May 2018 driver) and this has actually made the crashes worse somehow. 

Not sure what to do next, hopefully you are closer to finding a solution for everyone.

Thanks

Gawler, That sounds weird... For me it works perfectly with an earlier Driver update from Nvidia. Try to go even earlier ? I reinstalled Nvidia with the 27 March update... and it works perfectly now! 

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx 

That´s the only thing i can come up with until SI and Nvidia works something out. 

GoodLuck!