Sports Interactive Community
mrcookyx

Football manager 2018 18.3.4f1093856 has stopped working

Hi @mrcookyx where abouts are you seeing these crashes? Are you also running any custom graphics, for instance logos/facepacks on your game?

I am running custom graphics and a custom DB. Also it happens randomly, I could not be doing anything and it will just crash 

4 hours ago, ZiggySawdust said:

I'm having the same problem. It's just started happening today. Game's run fine for 265ish hours beforehand. It even crashed on the main menu.

Please read the FAQ thread and open your own thread for help with this

On 10/08/2018 at 19:24, ZiggySawdust said:

I'm having the same problem. It's just started happening today. Game's run fine for 265ish hours beforehand. It even crashed on the main menu.

On 10/08/2018 at 22:26, mrcookyx said:

Tried starting a new DB with no custom graphics yet after a while I got the same issue 

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other custom aspect? Say like custom ad hoardings?

If so, please remove them for the time-being and see if you encounter the same issue. Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can occasionally see the update incorrectly as a threat and cause problems. Would be worth checking if this is indeed the case by reading and following the instructions as shown in our troubleshooting guide below:

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-make-sure-that-an-anti-virus-program-isnt-interfering-with-steam-or-fm -r408/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Okay than as suggested in the troubleshooting guide, sometimes an AV can interfere after an update even when disabled or with exceptions set up. We'd suggest as a test to find the cause, turn on Windows Defender back any activation code if Total is a paid for version then uninstall Total. Once this is done, uninstall and reinstall FM then try it again.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

To confirm, when you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, did you completely remove them and the associated software? So the Nvidia GeForce Experience for instance?

I haven't uninstalled the GeForce Experience however i used that app to complete a fresh install from scratch with the Drivers 

Tried Uninstalling GeForce Experience and the Drivers. Uninstalled FM also. Re-installed the drivers then the game. Had extended period of time without an issue then the game crashed. However the game seems to crash when I am not doing anything. For example if I don't move my mouse or continue for a couple of minutes 

11 hours ago, FrazT said:

@bazlowski  Please read the FAQ thread and open your own thread for help with this.

@FrazT this is not a separate issue.

I've gone through all the the standard procedures you advise to resolve the problem, including rolling back to older Nvidia drivers, to no avail.

This is a bug

47 minutes ago, Jiwar said:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx -- Uninstall Nvidia driver ( all applications ) then go to this site and download an earlier update from Nvidia. I play on the March update and it works perfectly! It's some conflict between FM18 and some of the latest Nvidia driver updates.

You are right @Jiwar

This does work..!

Its still annoying that yet another update conflicts with new Nvidia drivers and we have to roll back 3 updates for it to work properly again..!

This release has been littered with Nvidia issues. Last one was micro-stutter in 3D matches which needed a workaround to fix.

Not impressed

On 16/08/2018 at 00:52, mrcookyx said:

Tried this and not had an issue since. Guess it is a Nvidia issue 

On 15/08/2018 at 19:50, bazlowski said:

You are right @Jiwar

This does work..!

Its still annoying that yet another update conflicts with new Nvidia drivers and we have to roll back 3 updates for it to work properly again..!

This release has been littered with Nvidia issues. Last one was micro-stutter in 3D matches which needed a workaround to fix.

Not impressed

Glad to help! Hopefully more people find it out! and that SI do something about it!