Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mercar

Crash when starting the game

No, there is no way to go back to a previous game version.  Did you do what I suggested in my first post?

Yes, graphic cards have been updated. Now the game is crashing more or less every 5 minutes with the message above.

On 11/08/2018 at 08:45, mercar said:

Yes, graphic cards have been updated. Now the game is crashing more or less every 5 minutes with the message above.

Are you running any custom advertising hoardings in game, or any other custom graphics? If so, please remove them for the time-being and let us know how you get on.

Thanks. 

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type?

Sometimes after an update anti-virus programs can occasionally see the update incorrectly as a threat and cause problems. Would be worth checking if this is indeed the case by reading and following the instructions as shown in our troubleshooting guide below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

Sorry to say so, but I am loosing patience. It is obvious you released an upgrade which is not working. I am not the only one with this problem. You can not expect me to uninstall, reinstall and reconfigure my complete laptop just because you messed up with the upgrade. I am not using this machine only to play football manager an I am not your beta tester. You broke the pragramm, you fix it. Come up with a solution - fast!

The update we released only updated some in-game ad hoardings, so there was nothing code based which changed. Because of this, the cause is related to how the system configuration has reacted to the update. If it was 'just' the update we'd have tens of thousands of users with the same issue, which has not happened.

We would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers as shown via the link here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-my-graphics-card-drivers-r405/

If that doesn't work, we would suggest following the instructions in regards to your anti-virus as shown above.

Thanks.