Sports Interactive Community
PaulBad

Football Manager 18.3.4 crashes

Game crashes mostly during teams games after that I need to restart pc because of heavy lag.  I tried for over a month suggestions post here or the web in general with no luck. 

attached my Dxdiag.  Please help its getting unplayable.

Thanks

DxDiag.txt

Hi Paul, are you running any custom graphics on your game? Also would you be able to update your Nvidia graphics card and see if that improves things for you?

First thing I did was to update my VC drivers.  I have added an amateur league if that is what you mean but was crashing before that.  Also I have deleted the preferences based on the direction of the site changed my VC 3D in to fast and also have completed some other of the directions listed here. Some times when I delete cache in game lets e play a little longer. But not sure if it happens bc of this. 

Thanks for the fast response I really appreciate that.

If you slightly lower your graphics quality via the in-game preferences (say from Very High/High to Medium) do you notice any improvement in regards to the lagging/slowdown/crashes?

Let us know, thanks. 

I have them on low it doesn't help. Some times I can play a few games before crash some other times it crashes as soon as I hit play or at the halftime. It sounds like a video card problem but should not because I think that I run a very good video card an NVidia 1060 GTX 6GB  and 16GB ram memory. 

Yesterday I was able to play for an hour or so today its impossible to get through my first game crashes at half time.  

PS It happens during  games. I'm able to spend hours while I do  transfers or look for coaches, training tactics and so on with no problems. 

Edited by PaulBad

19 minutes ago, PaulBad said:

I have them on low it doesn't help. Some times I can play a few games before crash some other times it crashes as soon as I hit play or at the halftime. It sounds like a video card problem but should not because I run an NVidia 1060 GTX 6GB  and 16GB ram memory. 

Yesterday I was able to play for an hour or so today its impossible to get through my first game crashes at half time.  

If possible, try changing your graphics setting so that FM uses another graphics option than the Nvidia one. Since I changed mine i've only had 1-2 crashes and not 1 every 15-20 mins like I was encountering. It has helped a few of us which would appear the Nvidia graphics card is causing the crashes for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, ScottLowLow said:

If possible, try changing your graphics setting so that FM uses another graphics option than the Nvidia one. Since I changed mine i've only had 1-2 crashes and not 1 every 15-20 mins like I was encountering. It has helped a few of us which would appear the Nvidia graphics card is causing the crashes for whatever reason.

Hi Scott thanks for the reply I will try that. 

Scott I did mess with Nvidia a bit and got through the first game no crash so far but I'm not sure if I did what you said. Can you please give more detail? Thanks!

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

This link should help you. When searching for a file like it says in the link, I just found the FM folder and changed that setting and I also found a link to the latest FM update just in the drop down list which I also changed. It's helped me so far.

Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, PaulBad said:

Just crashed on my second game. Ok I'll check the link - Thanks

I crashed after 15 minutes before I saw the latest FM update in the drop down box and since then i've not crashed. Changing the FM folder can't have helped but changing the latest FM link has certainly helped me. Hopefully you get it sorted mate.

I can play for like 2-3 hours before crash by changing my graphics to very low. However I can't see any people at the stands and at some point thought they were punished for a whole season lol. So I hope you guys before offer the fm 19 make sure its compatible with your costumers graphics cards. I run a Nvidia 1060 and have issues imagine if I was on my older version graphics card. About the drivers I have on the latest update. So that's it for me. 

BTW I really appreciate your attempt to assist

Some people have reported issues with the latest Nvidia drivers. Due to this may be worth trying the instructions in our FAQ link and letting us know how you get on:

Thanks.