Youth "supersquad" of choice.

Jonas1987

Hi all,

I'm sure everyone knows the list of wonderkids and some probably try to sign as many as possible.

My question to you: if you were to build a youth squad from scratch yet you can choose any player (let's say U18 and U20) possible, which 11+7 players would you choose?

Curious to see the different choices!

Interesting question! Might have to consult Wikipedia to remember who's still young, given how much FM I've been playing. I assume we're going off their abilities in FM? I'll set myself as no players over 21 at the start of 2017/18...and I'll also not pick anyone I haven't managed at all on FM as everyone's had players whose attributes bely awful performances and vice versa

I'd probably go for an old-fashioned 4-4-2:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma / Alban Lafont

RB: Alvaro Odriozola / Davide Calabria 

CB: Matthijs De Ligt / Jesús Vallejo

CB: Ruben Dias / Axel Tuanzebe

LB: Kieran Tierney / Federico Dimarco

RM: Kylian Mbappé / Federico Chiesa 

CM: Tanguy Ndombele / Donny Van De Beek

CM: Mikel Oyarzabal / Carles Aleñá

LM: Anthony Martial / Rodrygo 

ST: Marcus Rashford / Kasper Dolberg (would probably not make it off RL form, but in FM he's unreal)

ST: Lautaro Martinez / Willem Geubbels

EDIT: Just realised you only said 18 players, but I instinctively did 2 for each position, sorry!

On 09/08/2018 at 19:24, zlatanera said:

CB: Matthijs De Ligt 

LB: Kieran Tierney / Federico Dimarco

LM: Rodrygo 

ST: Kasper Dolberg

ST: Lautaro Martinez

Managed these from your list and all are great gets. 

Some to add to conversation that have been good players for me.

sessegnon, micelli, d’amico

50 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

Managed these from your list and all are great gets. 

Some to add to conversation that have been good players for me.

sessegnon, micelli, d’amico

Micelli?

I've used Sessegnon in a United save but he was just not getting in the team with Shaw and Tierney at LB and Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pulisic ahead at LM. 

D'Amico is the one that never quite got a chance - I've managed Inter twice, first time gave up after a season, 2nd time sacked, and when I signed him for Fiorentina I also got bored. I've seen him rack up some amazing stats for some people though.

GK = Meret , Rajkovic

RB = TAA , diogo dalot

DC = De Ligt , Bastoni , Ajer , Vanheusden

LB = Tierney , dimarco

MC = Arthur , Barella , Zaniolo , Havertz

RM/AMR = bailey, chiesa

LM/AML = zivkovic , felice d'amico

ST = pinamonti, moise kean ,geubbels ,erling haland ( probably may fav young target man )

23 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Micelli?

I've used Sessegnon in a United save but he was just not getting in the team with Shaw and Tierney at LB and Martial, Rashford, Lingard, Pulisic ahead at LM. 

D'Amico is the one that never quite got a chance - I've managed Inter twice, first time gave up after a season, 2nd time sacked, and when I signed him for Fiorentina I also got bored. I've seen him rack up some amazing stats for some people though.

Spelling may be off. Starts with Lazio. Played some good midfield for me in a save.

41 minutes ago, s0ni42 said:

Spelling may be off. Starts with Lazio. Played some good midfield for me in a save.

Ah right, yeah I think I remember spotting someone by that name in a couple of saves around 2020. Alessio Micelli perhaps? Apparently one of the few players the AI is capable of developing, it would seem.

27 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

D'Amico is like the best winger I used in FM18.

Except for the already mentioned players, I'd add Lo Faso, Bastoni and especially Pinamonti to the list.

Dalot, too.

Yeah mate, but i never manage to get lo faso. On my couple of saves he seem never develop nicely by the AI. 

8 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

D'Amico is like the best winger I used in FM18.

Except for the already mentioned players, I'd add Lo Faso...

Won CL with Palermo having D'Amico and Lo Faso on the wings. Absolute beasts and surprisingly loyal to the club despite numerous offers. Admitted, I did stayed a while at the club (enough to put MangiaAlleniatori to retirement).

Archived