Please tell me what this league rule means

as I see, you can have maximum 8 U-17 domestic players in your squad, not to sign. But I don't understand, is it the main team of SIPG, or some kind of reserve or youth one?

48 minutes ago, steff13 said:

as I see, you can have maximum 8 U-17 domestic players in your squad, not to sign. But I don't understand, is it the main team of SIPG, or some kind of reserve or youth one?

it i the main team. i have just counted and they have way over 8. I havent even signed a domestic player yet, maybe it counts the signings made before the save

• Administrators

You should be able to get a better explanation of what the rule is if you go to the Competition page, then click the 'Overview' dropdown -> Rules.

I would interpret as just 8 in the squad, but it may just be a problem with the phrasing. I don't know the Chinese league rules off the top of my head, but if they're not clear in the game let me know and I'll have a dig around. 

10 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

You should be able to get a better explanation of what the rule is if you go to the Competition page, then click the 'Overview' dropdown -> Rules.

I would interpret as just 8 in the squad, but it may just be a problem with the phrasing. I don't know the Chinese league rules off the top of my head, but if they're not clear in the game let me know and I'll have a dig around. 

This is what it reads. Just noting that I currently have more than 8 over-17 Chinese players in my team, but all are already in the squad when I made the save. My first chinese signing, Wu Lei, was cancelled because it states only 8 over-17 domestic (i think that means Chinese) per season. Maybe this means the club has 8 new chinese signings in real life when my save started? 

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 10.05.52 am.png

1 hour ago, John_Yuki said:

Domestic players = players from the country you play in.

It means you can only sign 8 over-17 players from teams in China, or players based in China, per season.

Yes but does that mean only 8 new players per season or only 8 players IN TOTAL in the whole squad every season. I really dont know because if it is the first one, I haven't signed any new players yet (maybe it counts players new but signed before the save) and if it is the second one, my team has way more than 8.

1 minute ago, Henry Shepherd said:

Yes but does that mean only 8 new players per season or only 8 players IN TOTAL in the whole squad every season. I really dont know because if it is the first one, I haven't signed any new players yet (maybe it counts players new but signed before the save) and if it is the second one, my team has way more than 8.

Well it's under the Transfers section, so I would imagine that it is max 8 per season.

4 hours ago, Henry Shepherd said:

I haven't signed any new players yet (maybe it counts players new but signed before the save)

When you mention "first signing", I would guess you just started the game and in your first season. I have read someone complaining the same a few years back, and the conclusion by then was, yes, the real life signings before you started the game do count somehow. There isn't an easy way of telling how many transfers were recorded by the game, so it is a mystery to every human manager in charge.

On the other hand, max. 8 domestic over-17 transfers, and max 5 domestic over-21 transfers means only 5 slots for over-21s every season (in those two windows), and 3 more slots for 17-20 years old. Or you could spend all slots on 17-20 years old, however you cannot make any over-21s signings (your 5 o21 slots are unused but your 8 o17 slots would be filled). Returning loans don't seem to count as a "transfer".

IIRC loan signings, as well as buy-and-loan-out options count towards these slots. 

Archived