Sports Interactive Community

My copy of FM2018 (and Cities: Skylines, which I also run through Steam) is not loading correctly. For FM, the window opens and the logo screen displays, but nothing else happens and the program has to be terminated via Task Manager. 

I've tried the following:

• Delete cache
  • Delete preferences
  • Verify files
  • Update GPU drivers
  • Uninstall/reinstall FM 2018
  • Uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers
  • Uninstall/reinstall DirectX
  • Uninstall/reinstall Steam client

Windows 10 is fully up to date and I've checked that I don't have any of the programs that are known to conflict with Steam/FM. 

19 hours ago, FrazT said:

Which antivirus are you using?

McAfee. It's never been a problem before, but I guess new conflicts can arise with updates...

7 hours ago, Luke Rumble said:

Would you also be able to attach your dxdiag for us to take a look at?

Of course. Attached :)

DxDiag.txt

McAfee has been known to cause some issues with FM on start up, if you were to uninstall it does that rectify your issue? Obviously make sure that Windows Defender is running so that your system remains protected.

On 09/08/2018 at 12:11, Luke Rumble said:

McAfee has been known to cause some issues with FM on start up, if you were to uninstall it does that rectify your issue? Obviously make sure that Windows Defender is running so that your system remains protected.

I'm really sorry for the delay in replying - I've not had access to my laptop for a couple of days. I've tried uninstalling McAfee and it didn't make any difference.

I've also tried removing my work email account from my PC. Adding it required acceptance of certain security conditions, but this also hasn't resolved the issue.

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

To confirm after removing McAfee, did you uninstall and reinstall FM? 

I didn't, no.

I decided to reinstall Windows 10 over the weekend to see whether that'd alleviate the issue. The good news is that FM now runs - including alongside McAfee - but only if I run an old (March 2018) GPU driver. I updated to the August driver and it went back to hanging on the FM logo.

I'm not fully up-to-date on Windows updates but will install them in batches and keep checking the game.