Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
z.papado97

Build stadium problem

Recommended Posts

I'm in 2028 with Salford in the premier leauge and just won the title. My stadium is packed in every game 12.500 capacity. I've been developing the teams reputation nicely and still haven't got the option to go build a new stadium. I understood from a few fm related posts that it takes at least 25 years from when your current stadium was built,until you can build a new one. Can that please be fixed? I want to do again a save with Salford as soon as fm19 comes out, but knowing this about the stadium makes me to don't want to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change the build year in the editor if it's causing that much of a problem for you :) 

This is a classic case of realism vs FM logic. No team in real life would build a new stadium and abandon it within 20 years. The game reflects that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

Change the build year in the editor if it's causing that much of a problem for you :) 

This is a classic case of realism vs FM logic. No team in real life would build a new stadium and abandon it within 20 years. The game reflects that. 

They also put the 20 year thing in to prevent the unrealistic minnow-worldy in 10 seasons.

I think, and  I could be wrong, that there are other triggers that might open the new stadium request. Potential fan-base is one of the limitations though, and don;t forget at Salford, you will be competing with United and City for bums on seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Salford's stadium built in the 1980s? Or does it count some more recent renovations as its date built? Perhaps if you've expanded the capacity in-game in the past decade the board don't want to do anything? 

@Snorks has a point about competition for eyeballs but I'd expect a third PL team in the Greater Manchester area could probably put a 30,000 seater to good use, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

Wasn't Salford's stadium built in the 1980s? Or does it count some more recent renovations as its date built? Perhaps if you've expanded the capacity in-game in the past decade the board don't want to do anything? 

@Snorks has a point about competition for eyeballs but I'd expect a third PL team in the Greater Manchester area could probably put a 30,000 seater to good use, no? 

Quite possibly, but there's still the 'outlying' clubs as well - Bolton, Bury etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Wasn't Salford's stadium built in the 1980s? Or does it count some more recent renovations as its date built? Perhaps if you've expanded the capacity in-game in the past decade the board don't want to do anything? 

@Snorks has a point about competition for eyeballs but I'd expect a third PL team in the Greater Manchester area could probably put a 30,000 seater to good use, no? 

I live in walking distance from Moor Lane/Peninsula Stadium and technically it could actually be one of the oldest "stadiums" in the country, there's records of a Manchester rugby team playing there as far back as the 1850's (I think it is). Obviously the ground has changed a lot since then and more than one time!

 

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, records go even further back to 1687 as the land was part of a racecourse ground.

Edited by PThomason01

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snorks said:

Quite possibly, but there's still the 'outlying' clubs as well - Bolton, Bury etc

True, perhaps the board reckons they can only get 15,000 supporters and then what's the point?

1 hour ago, PThomason01 said:

I live in walking distance from Moor Lane/Peninsula Stadium and technically it could actually be one of the oldest "stadiums" in the country, there's records of a Manchester rugby team playing there as far back as the 1850's (I think it is). Obviously the ground has changed a lot since then and more than one time!

 

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, records go even further back to 1687 as the land was part of a racecourse ground.

Well yeah apparently there was a lot of work done in 2016-17 but the original structure is from 1978 so maybe FM is counting that in not allowing him to build a new one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel your pain. I'm currently managing Clyde is the SPL season 2025/26 been in the spl about 5 years and finished 2nd 1st and 2nd in the last few seasons so got a decent balence from the champions league. The last 2 seasons iv had the mantra of buy young and cheap, flog for profit. The stadium was increased last season to around 10k and this season they said they'd build a new one which is great although we're still in the searching for a location part. Trouble is this new stadium capacity will only be 16k , I'm going to struggle to complete with rangers and celtic with that. It's a minor gripe and probably realistic but this has been a long term save iv been doing over months and I'm never going to get a huge amount of seasons done. I think next fm when I start my save the best thing to do is up the max expansion capacity in the editor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rich2086 I suspect that part of your problem will be the size of the fanbase available to you. Yes, Glasgow is a big city but any team that is not Celtic or Rangers is going to struggle with getting fans through the door, despite the success that they may have.  It would be interesting to see what crowds you would get if you did use the editor and I suspect that you wouldn't get ground full ( and maybe not even your 16K) apart from when you played the OF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I am in like 2035 or something as Morecambe have won the prem like 6 times on the run and won 5 champions leagues plus other trophies. ALL with a 12,500 seater stadium and only now have I finally persuaded the board to build a new one. They said it'll be like 59,000 capacity. Now I just can't wait for it to be built! 

My advice would be to change your first reply when asking for a stadium when they said no I went for the "After all I've done for the club speech" first and somehow they finally agreed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...